All Internal (yes) console voting war.
  • Can't believe nobody be talking about MAG no mo.
  • Escape wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I think the key bit, particularly for this forum, is that 360 was so time and place and there are so many fond memories of things where we all congregated.

I feel like our PS3 community was even richer, because a lot of us were so enamoured by corralled online play we'd try almost anything on it. Then Street Fighter IV happened and the 360 snagged most of us.

So I always felt the 360 was more of a franchiser, and MS increasingly so with its Halos, Gears and Forzas until Game Pass hit. With that it's brought back some of those early PS3 vibes.
    It's because there was fuck all with good online multiplayer on PS3 so any game with even basic online functionality drew everyone in.

x

"Even richer" indeed.

Everything just worked and worked well.
    Lobby's were packed in warhawk, mag and uncharted so much that some folks had to wait or just not join.
    Even motorstorm 2, wipeout HD, gran turismo 4 and 5 etc etc all had great mp.

Your view is skewed.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Can't believe nobody be talking about MAG no mo.

Mag were amaze, I miss it.
  • I thought it was well known that MS had the better online infrastructure. Hence most people playing for example SFIV on 360?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No I'm totes objective.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Lobby's were packed in warhawk, mag and uncharted so much that some folks had to wait or just not join.

We still get that occasionally in Forza on Fridays.

Honestly, if this is what you’re after, you’re probably better off trying to find it on Xbox, just by virtue of the number of people on the forum who have both an Xbox and a GP sub.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I thought it was well known that MS had the better online infrastructure. Hence most people playing for example SFIV on 360?

More people on HERE had 360 and preferred 360 so it was popular on here, not strictly true of other forums though.
    No idea what it was like in general though.

Ms did indeed have better online infrastructure.
    I'm not disagreeing just showing there were other points of view as this forum is heavily Ms biased and ps3 despite its faults were an actual decent console.
  • It's because there was fuck all with good online multiplayer on PS3 so any game with even basic online functionality drew everyone in. x "Even richer" indeed.

If this is just a Tiger Troll™ © ® ignore me, but this is clearly bollocks.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:

Honestly, if this is what you’re after, you’re probably better off trying to find it on Xbox, just by virtue of the number of people on the forum who have both an Xbox and a GP sub.

Im Downloading destiny 2 on my wee brothers series s just now (115gb wtf).
    Whether il get to play it or not is a different story though as these eye drops are messing with my vision.

There's nothing on gp I really fancy except forza and my wee brother hates it.
    (He's a weirdo and an alky so funk him)
  • Dance for me, children, like it is 2009. Bwahaha.
  • You don't need an Xbox to play Destiny with Boners Davie, we have cross play!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:

Whether il get to play it or not is a different story though as these eye drops are messing with my vision.

There's nothing on gp I really fancy except forza

It’s worth experimenting with things on there. Half the Xbox thread seems to have become addicted to power-washing simulator for instance. A lot of the games are also available through streaming, so you don’t even have to download them to try them. Poke around a bit, see what you find, if there are any MP games that take your fancy, stick a post in the Xbox thread, see if anyone else is up for a game. Or see what others are playing and see if you can join.

I’ve currently got my eye on that Rocket League-style golf game that is coming out soon purely because Gav posted about it.
  • You don't need an Xbox to play Destiny with Boners Davie, we have cross play!

Misunderstanding pal.
    I only have access to a series s because iv been at my mums for just over a week.
    Not sure I would even get access to my dlc stuff I paid for as my account dosent seem to exist anymore anyway.
    Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:

There's nothing on gp I really fancy except forza

It’s worth experimenting with things on there. Half the Xbox thread seems to have become addicted to power-washing simulator for instance. A lot of the games are also available through streaming, so you don’t even have to download them to try them. Poke around a bit, see what you find, if there are any MP games that take your fancy, stick a post in the Xbox thread, see if anyone else is up for a game. Or see what others are playing and see if you can join.

I’ve currently got my eye on that Rocket League-style golf game that is coming out soon purely because Gav posted about it.

Wee brother were stoned and pissed playing power wash other night.
    I'm sure if I could be bothered to I could find something but I have a destiny addiction.
    And I'm not even gonna bother, my eyes are so funked from the drops I'm taking.

Oh well back home tomorrow to the comforts of not being able to see very well there too. ;)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dreamcast
    N64
    Not having owned either PlayStation, could you slip a Quest in?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I thought the PS3 was shocking for ages then managed an impressive second wind for maybe the final third of the gen.  The PS+ freebies helped a lot, it was deffo a game changer.
  • Was my favourite console that gen and probably my favourite PS console out of the lot.

Definitely my most played console as an adult.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • PS3 was definitely my favourite BR player.
  • That's probably the one thing the forum could agree upon regarding the PS3. Shame for Sony that they never really took off and the world now streams.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have never owned a Blu-Ray.
  • Blu-Ray reminds me a bit of Mini-Discs. The tech was legit but it came at a time when the medium completely changed from physical to digital.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Because it's already a massacre, I counted up the 360/Series +GP and it was 15/3 I believe in favour of the 360. What a console.

Deserved but you didn’t make it clear it was the Series.

• Blu-Ray reminds me a bit of Mini-Discs. The tech was legit but it came at a time when the medium completely changed from physical to digital.

Not completely. Blu-Ray is very much alive and kicking.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Because it's already a massacre, I counted up the 360/Series +GP and it was 15/3 I believe in favour of the 360. What a console.

Deserved but you didn’t make it clear it was the Series.

Shit, thought I had written Series next to Xbox. Which I hadn't. Without trying to sweep my mistake under the carpet, suspect it would have still ended up much the same.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Of course it would, the series consoles have barely got started.
  • If I had the same time allowances as I did when the 360 was getting going, I'd be tempted to put series X with gamepass.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Blu-Ray reminds me a bit of Mini-Discs. The tech was legit but it came at a time when the medium completely changed from physical to digital.
    Not completely. Blu-Ray is very much alive and kicking.

Indeed.  Criterion are the top of that particular hill.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's still going for sure, but for films it's well in the enthusiast zone these days.  I wouldn't be surprised if standard def dvds sell more in 2022 (based entirely on an 'I reckon').
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Looks like Blu Ray has never surpassed DVD in sales, and the disc market is in steep decline.

https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/n/UHD-Blu-ray-sales-grow-but-overall-video-disc-market-remains-in-decline
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I owned about 6 Blu-rays, realised early on Digital was the way to go so started buying Apple movies instead, it was definitely the better move.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!