AI Project - Suggestions plz
‹ Previous123
  • I'm looking to keep busy and do an AI project for the home. 

I'll train it on the PC or maybers cloud if it gets complicated but it'll be deployed on a Raspberry Pi. Could use a simple camera, mic, wifi etc but it won't cut the grass or clean the house. It could be used with an Alexa I guess but I'll need to check the Alexa API and see what's allowed. 

Any suggestions for something that would make your life easier? I was thinking it might work well with your food shopping as that's the kind of array AI could do good things with but I'm needing some wisdom of the crowd. It can see and hear but it needn't use those if you can think of something better. It might be as simple as stopping you falling asleep in front of the tv.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • An AI that murders all the other AIs.
  • You might see that yet. AI computer viruses are going to fuck things up if the AI prevention can't detect it.
  • I was at my parent's place this weekend.
    My dad is currently obsessed with monitoring the hourly energy prices on Octopus' Flexible tariff that he has signed up for.
    He wanted to put a wash on at 14:30 as it was the cheapest time. However my mum rightly pointed out that it would be difficult to dry the washing after, likely having to run the tumble dryer or dehumidifier as the weather was crap, thus negating the saving.

What about an AI that could advise the optimal time to use devices such as washing machines based on price of energy but also practicalities like weather.
    Other variables could be solar panels, economy night/day tariffs, football half times etc.

Bung that through an Alexa where it could advise at a certain time of day or on request.
  • Oh that's a good one. And doable depending on Alexa protocol.
  • I think you can just apply for an Alexa skill and they'll put it on their list once it's verified, and it wouldn't even need a Pi. Just looking into it now.
  • Somtimes the best ideas are the easiest. That wouldn't even need AI, just cross referencing. You could amplify it with AI if it could work out when your washing machine use was likely to be the heaviest, possibly because a rainy weather spell is causing it in the first place, and come up with some algo to sort out the contradiction.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    use AI to bring back Tine in AI form pls

damn yeah
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How about an AI that can come up with lots of AI projects?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Everyone and his uncle seems to be bandying about the term AI these days, I'm getting Homer Simpson vibes from it. What distinguishes something as being AI rather than a normal piece of software that calculates, or decides some stuff etc according to an algorithm or whatever, like we've had for decades?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Application mostly. There's not necessarily a distinction between the two (AI and software) as you have enterprise software with ML algorithms incorporated into it to automate some aspects or expedite bug fixes as the ML portion 'learns' from the data set it's designed to process.

If a tool is able to - or has a component that can - train on/learn from a data set and then feed those learnings back into a system for predictive purposes, it's AI-ish. You can train a machine learning algorithm on Kow posts, write the code to get it to post the responses it generates to the forum and then you can happily retire once it has warmed up. I doubt you'll notice the difference. The real Skerret has been dead for years.

It's not 'real' AI in the sense that each application of it is really walled garden. A true AI that can learn about the world and act independently needs a vast, diverse data set and the means to sort it into some kind of ontological framework.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    look just watch AI, that will explain most of it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    look just watch AI, that will explain most of it.

Sex robots and creepy children, gotcha.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    chat-gpt wrote:
    Application mostly. There's not necessarily a distinction between the two (AI and software) as you have enterprise software with ML algorithms incorporated into it to automate some aspects or expedite bug fixes as the ML portion 'learns' from the data set it's designed to process.

If a tool is able to - or has a component that can - train on/learn from a data set and then feed those learnings back into a system for predictive purposes, it's AI-ish. You can train a machine learning algorithm on Kow posts, write the code to get it to post the responses it generates to the forum and then you can happily retire once it has warmed up. I doubt you'll notice the difference. The real Skerret has been dead for years.

It's not 'real' AI in the sense that each application of it is really walled garden. A true AI that can learn about the world and act independently needs a vast, diverse data set and the means to sort it into some kind of ontological framework.

• You don't need to worry about AI, you're all just figments of my imagination anyway.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    For your project you’re gonna be best using your RTX card no? That way you keep whatever it learns local. Hugging face has you covered for any models you need I would have thought.

Feed it all Badger’s post data and you can then analyse if they are fanboys or not. You could call it ChatShitGPT.

• I'd like some ai nanobots that keep my buttcrack dry on me hols pls
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow wrote:
    Everyone and his uncle seems to be bandying about the term AI these days, I'm getting Homer Simpson vibes from it. What distinguishes something as being AI rather than a normal piece of software that calculates, or decides some stuff etc according to an algorithm or whatever, like we've had for decades?

Traditional software is written for all outcomes so those outcomes have to be kept simple or you're writing a possible infinite lines of code.

if SOMETHING:
          DO THIS
    else:
          DO THIS INSTEAD

That's a conditional statement. There's also loops.

while x < 5:
          DO SOMETHING AND ADD 1 TO x

Amazingly, with variables, loops and conditionals you can calculate anything that can be calculated.

ML doesn't work like that and the solutions are not made by the coder. 

What you do is make a model of nodes that are all connected together. You only really need to specify how many nodes are in each layer and how many layers there are. It's not an exact science and you can be a bit random in how many nodes the model has and it'll still work out pretty good because it'll still find the best solution for any particular model.

1140047167.png

Say you wanted to build an Is it a hotdog? The input layer is the pic of the hotdog, which is just a series of RGB numbers that represent the image. Each hidden node has a value (just a number) that you randomise at the start and each arrow has a weight, also randomised. 

What you want is to do in this hotdog case is transform the RGB numbers (input layer), via all the hidden layers and nodes, into an output layer that only has 2 nodes - a yes or no. So you can have random hidden layers but you will specifically set the output layer to have 2 nodes.

The you just start training it. Because the weights and values are essentially randomised it will spit out garbage. You feed it the first pic and those values go through the matrix and the output layer reads something like 0.45, 0.55. If the first number represents the chances of it being a hotdog and the second the chances it isn't, then this is saying it's got a slightly bigger chance of not being a hotdog. But it hasn't learnt anything yet, it's just random.

So you have to tell it, NO THIS IS A HOTDOG YOU FOOL. I need the first number to be bigger! So it basically uses differentiation to tweak all the values and weights slightly so as to make the first number slightly bigger and hence the second number smaller for that image (they should add up to one).

And you keep doing this, image after image. Eventually, as if by magic it'll tweak all the numbers of all the nodes and arrows in a way so the output is always correct, or correct most of the time. 

Then it'll start showing things like 0.99, 0.01 - which means it has a very high chance of it being a hotdog. Or 0.25, 0.75 - a fairly high chance it's not a hotdog.The more you train it the more extreme the numbers will get and a perfect match would be 1, 0 - deffo a hotdog, but you'll never quite get to that standard. 

And that's why it's mysterious. All these values and weights are incomprehensible and complex because they're all linked together in this matrix. The computer will find patterns we can't. Actually in this hotdog case we can, we just look at the pic, but then again the neurons in our brains are linked up like in the ML model.
  • Hotdogs are what got me into this sweaty buttcrack quagmire, no thanks. Cracknobots NOW
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I worry like that captcha is basically how to crowd source answers to "is this a hotdog or not"
  • And the reason it's taken so long to get good AI is it's computationally expensive to tweak all the numbers slightly to get the desired result whilst training. Then GPUs came along and they're good at this shit because they're built for this kind of problem - for working out spatial shit in a 3D game.

Once you have the model trained it's actually quite small and will fit into a small memory space, say on your phone. But the training is ridic expensive because it's differentiating over massively multidimensional surfaces. Think trying to find the best step down a mountain that will get you lowest quicker, but that's just in 3D. This might have to do that in 50D, and it needs to do it for each image you train it on.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I worry like that captcha is basically how to crowd source answers to "is this a hotdog or not"

Pretty sure it is.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That was meant to be "really like", not "worry like", ffs
  • b0r1s wrote:
    For your project you’re gonna be best using your RTX card no? That way you keep whatever it learns local. Hugging face has you covered for any models you need I would have thought. Feed it all Badger’s post data and you can then analyse if they are fanboys or not. You could call it ChatShitGPT.

Yeah the RTX. Cuda cores makes the training much faster. It's dead easy to build a model. A few lines of Python code and using Google's Tensorflow. You just need to specify the input size, output size and make a guess on how many layers and how big each layer. More people should do it. You can use Google's own models if you like.

https://www.tensorflow.org/
  • Also if anyone is interested, start with the hello world of machine learning, MNIST. It's just a small dataset of images of numbers and it's all labelled for you, so ready to train on right away. It's the best way to start.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:

Traditional software is written for all outcomes so those outcomes have to be kept simple or you're writing a possible infinite lines of code.

if SOMETHING:
          DO THIS
    else:
          DO THIS INSTEAD

That's a conditional statement. There's also loops.

while x < 5:
          DO SOMETHING AND ADD 1 TO x

Amazingly, with variables, loops and conditionals you can calculate anything that can be calculated.

ML doesn't work like that and the solutions are not made by the coder. 

What you do is make a model of nodes that are all connected together. You only really need to specify how many nodes are in each layer and how many layers there are. It's not an exact science and you can be a bit random in how many nodes the model has and it'll still work out pretty good because it'll still find the best solution for any particular model.

1140047167.png

Say you wanted to build an Is it a hotdog? The input layer is the pic of the hotdog, which is just a series of RGB numbers that represent the image. Each hidden node has a value (just a number) that you randomise at the start and each arrow has a weight, also randomised. 

What you want is to do in this hotdog case is transform the RGB numbers (input layer), via all the hidden layers and nodes, into an output layer that only has 2 nodes - a yes or no. So you can have random hidden layers but you will specifically set the output layer to have 2 nodes.

The you just start training it. Because the weights and values are essentially randomised it will spit out garbage. You feed it the first pic and those values go through the matrix and the output layer reads something like 0.45, 0.55. If the first number represents the chances of it being a hotdog and the second the chances it isn't, then this is saying it's got a slightly bigger chance of not being a hotdog. But it hasn't learnt anything yet, it's just random.

So you have to tell it, NO THIS IS A HOTDOG YOU FOOL. I need the first number to be bigger! So it basically uses differentiation to tweak all the values and weights slightly so as to make the first number slightly bigger and hence the second number smaller for that image (they should add up to one).

And you keep doing this, image after image. Eventually, as if by magic it'll tweak all the numbers of all the nodes and arrows in a way so the output is always correct, or correct most of the time. 

Then it'll start showing things like 0.99, 0.01 - which means it has a very high chance of it being a hotdog. Or 0.25, 0.75 - a fairly high chance it's not a hotdog.The more you train it the more extreme the numbers will get and a perfect match would be 1, 0 - deffo a hotdog, but you'll never quite get to that standard. 

And that's why it's mysterious. All these values and weights are incomprehensible and complex because they're all linked together in this matrix. The computer will find patterns we can't. Actually in this hotdog case we can, we just look at the pic, but then again the neurons in our brains are linked up like in the ML model.
    I preferred my vague and hand wavy explanation better

Anyway, on to solving Hozno's swampy butt crack problem using TECHNOLOGY
  • I'd like something to advise on basic household upkeep DIY tasks. 

'Tell me how to drain this radiator' I think that would be cool.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Youtube will do that.
  • But better than youtube.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • There a tendency to throw AI at everything when it's not needed. YT is better at certain things.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!