Show us yer 10s
‹ Previous1234
  • Easy enough, what's your biglist of [10] worthy games?

Here's an (outdated) Edge list to kick it off.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
    Gran Turismo (1997)
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
    Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
    Half-Life 2 (2004)
    Halo 3 (2007)
    The Orange Box (2007)
    Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
    Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
    LittleBigPlanet (2008)
    Bayonetta (2009)
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
    Rock Band 3 (2010)
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
    The Last of Us (2013)
    Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
    Bayonetta 2 (2014)
    Bloodborne (2015)
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)

Additionally, these games were rescored retroactively and received a 10:

Elite (1984)
    Exile (1988)
    Super Mario Bros. (1985)
    GoldenEye 007 (1997)
    Advance Wars (2001)
    Resident Evil 4 (2005)
    Drop7 (2009)
    Red Dead Redemption (2010)
    Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
    Dark Souls (2011)

You do you, as it should be.  Try not to bicker about what shouldn't qualify as a 10 according to the gospel of bollocks pls*.

As to whether you choose to include 10s at the time or just timeless 10s, do whatever you fancy.

*Reads like a dig at chalice but isn't really.  Was thinking more about any "but that's not revolutionary!" chat for correcting other people's 10s.
  • No
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Alan Wake 2, S-tier after the bit that Chalice streamed
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    FFS
  • Tetris
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    When will Edge award [11]
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Monsieur Alain Wake Part de Deux.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    When will Edge award [11]

When they've played Alan Wake 2
  • 《心灵杀手2》
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'll play ball, mainly cos I'm procrastinating over a report I don't want to do, cos it's been a busy week.

The only games, in recent memory, that I've played that I'd consider a real 10 are:

Death Stranding
    Returnal
    Slay the Spire

Tales Principle got close, but just not quite.

NOTE - of the games I've listed I'd say only STS is a perfect game, the other two, for me, do what they set out to do perfectly, even if the implementation isn't perfect, hence the 10.
  • I'm really annoyed at the number of times Alan Wake 2 has been mentioned, because I was going to go with Alan Wake 2.
  • NES Tetris
    Legend of Zelda
    Super Metroid
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario Kart
    A Link to the Past
    Streets of Rage 2
    Starwing/Star Fox
    Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64
    Metroid Prime

They're all 10s for me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are 10s at the time of release and 10s now.

From that Edge list my evergreen 10s are Galaxy 1&2 and probably SF IV. I know feck all about 2D fighters but it's a stupendous thing even to someone like me. I got the "super ultra turbo arcade deluxe +++++" edition for 360.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Advance wars ds is the best in the series so I’d score that a ten. AW1 wouldn’t get a ten from me. AW2 is also better than it.

Shadow run on the snes was a ten and so was ISS2000 on the n64. It’s a flawless football game.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • ISS games on N64 are fucking brilliant, they do not get enough love.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yeah ISS N64 games were great, used to rinse them. Fond memories of my dad walking past and going 'are you winning, son?'.

I was always winning.
  • I would love for Konami to bring it back, we could do with a quality alternative to EA's dominance.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My 10s are limited.

Mushihimesama Futari - the most entertaining 2D shooting game I have ever played. Looks and sounds beautiful, flexible in its challenge, the binary shot/movement/gold collecting control scheme and the design of the enemy waves embue a feeling of intense satisfaction.

Super Monkey Ball - as perfect a game as I've seen. Its purity hasn't been improved on with any changes. Endless entertainment for 1 to 4 people. Its range of modes will ensure there's something for everyone. Joyful presentation and rock solid physics and control.
  • One of the Trials games would be a 10.

So would Slay the Spire.

SoR4 has a shout.

RDR2.

And I'd add IIDX as an overall series.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Trials is on my shortlist that's for sure.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Half Life: Alyx is a tenner for sure.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • SoR4 is a 10 for me, especially if we are allowed to include the DLC.
    Mario Kart 8 in all its forms, even the original WiiU release is a [10] as well. It can and has only been improved by adding more.

I know we aren't supposed to be doing "OMG NOT A TEN" posts but Im really torn on Dark Souls. It should be a 10 and on later hardware definitely a 10 but there are parts of that game that were borderline unplayable at launch due to framerate issues, and Im no framerate whore. The Depths were insane. I think gamers took it in their stride more back then, games these days get marked down for much less in regards to framerate.
  • Agree with Mario Kart 8.  It's in ridiculous form with all the extra tracks now, but as you say I think the Wii U one would have scraped a 10 anyway (after the DLC imo).
  • SOR4 is a 10 for me, no scrolling beat 'em up gets close and I've pretty much played them all*.

*Thankfully not really.  Eventually though...
  • Trials Evolution
    Shovel Knight
    Super Meat Boy

I think I gave The End Is Nigh a 10 too, as modern 2D platformers go it's even higher on the list than Celeste imo.  

Huntdown is a 10 for me, but clearly not a game that screams 10.  Unless you're me (although I think I gave it a 9 when I reviewed it). *strokes beard*

Fez, Portal, Astrobot: Rescue Mission.

I've given other 10s in the 52 Games thread but I'm not sure if I'd stick to all of them or not.  A Monster's Expedition was one, lovely game.
  • All my tens are old retro stuff or updates of old retro stuff. SoR 4 is a 10. I was struggling to give it a 9 on my first playthough but it's kept pulling me back for god knows how many hours. It's perfect at what it does. As is Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (the remake) which is another 10. 

Then there's the LucasArts Holy Tenrinity of Monkey Island 1 & 2 (OG Scumm versions) and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

Mass Effect 2 is the only 10 I've got that doesn't have its roots in the old days. Although the B&B has recently decided this is retro.

I've only played the first Advance Wars so I'll go with that. 

It would be silly to give all of the Snes and GBA Metroids 10 but then I am a deeply unserious person. 

Marios are difficult as well. 2D World and 3D Land for me are untouchable. Then there's a few 9.5s in there (including Wonder).
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!