Walkabout Mini Golf - Let's Go GALF-ing!
‹ Previous123456789
  • il_570xN.5015205074_q5bb.jpg

Gavin, what is this?

It's Walkabout Mini Golf! The social VR smash hit!
    walkabout.jpg?fit=1077%2C640&ssl=1

Okay. What do you do in it?
    You go golfing. But it's mini golf and it's all on themed courses. Play holes, find hidden balls you can then use, solve riddles to collect new putters, explore, find secrets, enjoy the vibes.

Yes I can see that. Why are you making a thread and being so enthusiastic?

Because, really, it is sensational and deserves its own time in the B&B sun.
    I came into Quest owning somewhat unready to declare it the future. A few rounds on this and I'm saying it is. It's just absolutely ridiculous, silly, laugh a minute fun with pals as yous go about the 18. The courses, especially the dlc ones, are so full of wonder and life and atmosphere, you genuinely feel like you're on some Goonies type adventure as you go around finding little secrets or Easter Eggs or whatever. Arriving at a new hole and thinking "right, how the fuck do we do this?!"
    The camaraderie of bigging up one another's shots (unless you're Syph), the brutal slagging and stifled laughs when you shank it, the (very very slight) competitiveness as you check the scorecard nearing the 18th. It's all absolutely sensational and more people here need to get on it.

Okay Gav, I think I'm sold. Where can I get it?
    It's available on every VR platform! Quest/PSVR/Vive/Pico, and there is crossplay*

*Quest 1 owners are soon losing support so please, keep that in mind. Sorry Franny mate.

We're entering Black Friday and the devteam have said they will be doing discounts on various stores.

One good thing is, with the plethora of dlc courses, only one person in the party needs to own it, and everyone can play in that room! Great little feature so if you're gonna buy some dlc, ask here first, maybe someone else has it and can save you.

Okay so I've bought the game, had a few practice holes, I feel ready. How do badger games come about?
    Glad you asked! It's very simple, just load up the game, select "Private Match" and enter the code we always use for our lobby, which is: 2001.

Remember: boot, join, 2001

Its always that code, and I'll update if that ever changes. Why that number? Fuck knows!

Lovely stuff Gav, cheers. Do you have a very hastily edited video to show off too?
    Yes but please, appreciate the music

Wonders await you and your friends in Walkabout Mini Golf!

Come! Join us! And don't forget to say....
    dj-khaled-lets-go-golfing.gif
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    KYzekGN.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I’m in for tonight if anyone is on post 9pm
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's an awesome game and now it's got an awesome thread. Nice one Gav.
    Bob wrote:
    I’m in for tonight if anyone is on post 9pm

I'm hoping to be on about 9ish Bob.

• Evening UK timing means I won’t be joining weekdays, but I aim to pop on at weekends at least every once in a while.
  • Also, top OP work from Gav.
  • 9 works for me I think.  Will probably toddle off before Mr. Enthusiasm arrives at Tim Henman's bedtime because I'm up early.  Friday is a possibility too.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    It's an awesome game and now it's got an awesome thread. Nice one Gav.
    Bob wrote:
    I’m in for tonight if anyone is on post 9pm

I'm hoping to be on about 9ish Bob.

Will add you

The Forum Herald™
  • Might be worth adding the room code 2001 into the title?
  • Added to OP cos I hate two-lined/busy thread titles. Post activity should show potential GALFERS there's things happening.
  • Tonight I shall again be a 2200-2230 arrival. Moot scurrying off cos he doesn't want to feel my power. Shooter McAfgavinstan sees you. He sees it all.
  • Gav, that was a fantastic OP and great little video
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • For me this is the game to sell Vr as a social gaming concept.
    It's so damn good with a group of mates that like FNF, it's more a place to hang out and the golf is just a nice excuse.
    It helps that the golf is brilliant though, the courses are amazing and the sense of place is so so real.

I just adore it.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’ve never used my PlayStation for online MP (since PS3). Am I right in thinking that my Gold wireless headphones have a built-in mic so I’ll be able to chat?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Tonight I shall again be a 2200-2230 arrival. Moot scurrying off cos he doesn't want to feel my power. Shooter McAfgavinstan sees you. He sees it all.

I'm only about 3 shots into my training montage.  

Not last time but the time before that I actually played irl minigolf I won.
  • £12 for cocktails that night, I'll never forget it.
  • Easy when you're playing the ghost of Barry Davies and Kier Starmer's spine tbh.
  • Other than the fact that I had to pay someone to take the photo it was a great night out.
  • I’ve never used my PlayStation for online MP (since PS3). Am I right in thinking that my Gold wireless headphones have a built-in mic so I’ll be able to chat?

Yep.
  • Assuming the Gold ones are these:

0ca961bdcedd60bd4a6b3bf0785387c7.jpg
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Assuming the Gold ones are these:

That's not gold, that's blue
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Assuming the Gold ones are these:

Mine look slightly different to those. They’re all black, and the earpieces can slide up or down. The older variant folded up, I believe.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Mine don't look much like that these days either, they've been gradually disintegrating for ages. Good headphones though.

PSVR2 has a built in mic, mate. So you don't need anything else but the headset and it works brilliantly.
  • The camaraderie of bigging up one another's shots (unless you're Syph), the brutal slagging and stifled laughs when you shank it, the (very very slight) competitiveness as you check the scorecard nearing the 18th. It's all absolutely sensational and more people here need to get on it.

Hey! I celebrate everyone's success. Except maybe Chaz's!

Sensational. Like that hole in one.
  • Is chaz wookie or one of gav's many brothers? I'm confused now.
  • Chazmano = chaz, also Scottish but no relation, we're best mates IRL
    Wookienopants = wooks
  • Not the Wookie one.
  • In some of our games we have two Chazs, a Gav and two Gazs.
    Not confusing at all
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!