Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    usEAqMs.jpeg
    Players awake as the Flameborn, the last hope of an ancient civilization. Set against them is the Shroud, a creeping blight that absorbs and mutates all life it encounters. To push back the Shroud, the Flameborn must forge their path along a deep open skill tree to master powerful weapons, spells, and armor. Developing their own unique play style to triumph over rival factions of fell creatures, and defeat merciless bosses in heart-pounding combat.

To protect themselves from the fog and bring life back to the kingdom, players can shape the world's terrain and unleash their creativity to build bases and epic homes, customized to the last detail with a vast array of materials and furniture. Beyond showcasing treasure, powerful allies can be awakened in player holdouts, unlocking advanced workshops and the ability to craft unique items and mythic weapons.

I know this will probably just be me and Sparky chatting, but I felt I need to start a thread as this is possibly my favourite game ever. Ever.

And it's only in early access.

It's not quite Valheim with added RPG, but it's close.

The exploration is almost the exact opposite to Valheims perilous sea voyages where dying was often a nightmarish and frustrating trek back for your stuff. This is very generous with death and exploration is helped by gliders (hey Zelda) and teleporting to towers etc.

The actual exploration is much more interesting though with POI's around every corner and interesting nooks, crannies and plenty of lore etc.

The building is absolutely phenomenal. The amount of details you can add is brilliant, literally placing 1x1 blocks should you desire and all the different block types blend into one another in interesting ways.

The RPG builds are the cherry on top. I've barely looks at the other classes but going mage I've delved into a couple of others having read their skills and got some interesting synergy going on. Walking around the shroud in the earlier areas now I'm level 20 enemies can't get close to me, they just burst into flames before they hit me.

Speaking of the shroud, it's basically foggy areas of the map filled with all manner of nasty shit and venturing into it starts a timer. There's various potions to extend it, but staying in too long will kill you. Levelling up your flame altar will allow access to the nastier Shroud areas, and that's how parts the map are blocked off until you progress.

So there you go, ramble over. I'll post some pics of the base I've spent FAR too long on later.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I made a quick start and it’s my next game after Infinite Wealth. Liked the short blast I had with it.
  • Game pass?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    PC only atm, I think? And not running great on steam deck.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's coming to consoles at some point. Hopefully they've sorted the mp progression by then as currently once a quest is done another player that didn't participate can't do it. Its the number 1 requested feature on their feature voting page so I imagine that it will be implemented.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I will absolutely be restarting as a different build on console.
  • Ah then I pass
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is that a game pass?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Think I'll have to jump in. Is it persistant servers or can you jump between online and offline with the same character?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    PC only atm, I think? And but running great on steam deck.

That’s good to know. When I bought it the store page said it wasn’t compatible but I’m guessing it’s more like not tested.
  • run-forrest-run-gif-15.gif

Relevant again at last. Basic 90s peeps rejoice.
  • I'm in once they sort the server wide progression thing out. Always wanted to try a MP tree puncher but didn't fancy Valheim or Grounded. This looks like it could be the one.

Can I create the dwarf from Golden Axe?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just humans I'm afraid.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just humans I'm afraid.

Short humans?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think I'll have to jump in. Is it persistant servers or can you jump between online and offline with the same character?

Not quite sure to be honest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Just humans I'm afraid.

Short humans?

Possibly. I can't remember if there was a slider for that.

• FranticPea wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Just humans I'm afraid.

Short humans?

Possibly. I can't remember if there was a slider for that.

Either way it looks fun, even if it's early days.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Just humans I'm afraid.

Short humans?

They are weird sort of little body big head type character models to be honest. You can get big two handed axes but they're slow as fuck
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Works great on the Steam Deck.

The shroud is an interesting mechanic. Turns the exploration into a timed extraction type thing. You can clear it out by doing certain things, but you need to know where you're going and do it in time to succeed. You can't warp out of the shroud so your backpack can get left in a hairy spot. The only thing I don't like about the shroud is the deadly shroud which is a red colour, except you can't see that when gliding in from a cliff. By the time you realize your mistake you're already dead. Aptly named I suppose.

Loving the game though. Spent a few hours early doors messing with the excellent building mechanics, then I've spent about 20 hours just exploring and completing the surprising number of quests to gain extra stations and materials for my base.

I think the questing and hand crafted content will bring in people who are out off by the unstructured procedurally generated stuff from the likes of Valhiem. The map starts to look a bit ridiculously Ubi map because of all the icons but it's nice to have something to aim for when setting out on another adventure. Top game
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ok that sounds more positive about Steam Deck than what I read earlier in the week! Haven't tried it myself yet.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Some pics of my....base?

Crafting NPCs either side with all their related crafting gubbins.

9OmRWXz.jpeg

7BRQGjb.jpeg

Cooking and storage area under the house.

IdXsUzx.jpeg

The Hunter and Alchemist.

qzf5kXh.jpeg

Half finished evil lair.

ggJ3mUG.jpeg

Now bugger off, I'm having a kip.

xwDm3iz.jpeg

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shouldn't, but I might pick this up later.
  • This sounds great. I did hear the AI was as dumb as rocks. You just have to climb up somewhere and they cant follow but that's surely fixable if it is an issue.

I'm gonna get it but I'm not familiar with PC stuff, how would I join up with some of you lot in game?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm worried that buying this might interfere with my Quality Baldur's Gate Time.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Little secret thing I'll put in spoilers in case you want to find stuff yourself:
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There's allsorts of stuff like that, fook knows how much I've trotted past.
  • Treating this as General Tree Punching just to say, I tried Palworld.

What utter piping hot shite that is. Fucking hell.

Right. Carry on.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This isn't a general tree punching thread. How fucking DARE you.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Here's the voting page for early access wanted features.

https://enshrouded.featureupvote.com/

The water one is interesting. I keep forgetting about the lack of it and I'm wondering if it's because the shroud has taken its place.

I'm not sure mounts are needed. You have a glider and the ability to build multiple flame shrines means there's not a huge amount of overly long treks to places.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The water being gone is definitely related to the shroud. Loads of bridges cross it like its a river
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That's true. I guess that rules out fishing in the future then.

One thing that bugs me is the fog in structures you build. I hope they get rid of that.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!