PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The levels are LOOONNGGG.
  • I loved it. Played it through three times. But I'm not actually sure why I liked it. I am sure that it's more fun than Catherine, which last night I spent 2 hours going through before sitting back and asking myself whether I was actually having any fun. The answer was 'not really'.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    <feels shamed> that's kind of how i'm feeling about vanquish.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing it wrong though.
  • Just look up some clips of the pro Jap players hammering Vanquish and itll open up a world of techniques to you.
  • Only use cover when you've borked your recharge timing.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Zombie Birthday cake was the trade in point for Lol Chainsaw.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Only use cover when you've borked your recharge timing.

What are the best ways to trigger the slow-mo (AR) ting?  

I normally do this using L1 and X, which leaves me crouching and a sitting duck, and unable to do anything if i'm behind a barrier as i'm too low.  If I do slidey-slow-mo, then things improve a bit, but I've not got it sussed completely.  What about this jumpy/punchy slow mo though?  Is that possible / how do you get it going?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I found using it in short sharp bursts worked best. Roll out of cover, use it for a couple of seconds to headshot one or two Corgi's then roll back behind something and rocket slide somewhere else.

Remember you can enter slow-mo during the backflip part of the dashing melee attack. As long as you don't actually hit anything with it, it won't drain your suit. Gives you some handy angles to shoot stuff behind cover with.
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 is fairly disappointing. It's on it's way back to Love Film after around 90 mins play. It's OK, it's less repetitive than Lollipop Chainsaw, but it just isn't as good as any Ninja Gaiden game before it. Obviously Team Ninja were intimidated by Bayonetta, and thought they could lift elements straight from Ninja Blade and improve on them, but they didn't. Ninja Blade was shit.
    NG3's just a horrible mess of a game trying to tick as many boxes as it can to appeal a wider Western audience.
  • Dishonoured - It seems like a thoroughly decent game and I enjoyed the 30 mins or so I gave it, but it's a bit too much like the recent Deus Ex game, which was another decent game, but I am really over fetch quests and the general structure of these type of games.
    I cannot summon the motivation to bother. Fuck it.
  • Haven't played DE: HR (yet), are they really alike? Need to give that a go soon, but I imagine I should give it a gap if they're that similar!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dishonoured - It seems like a thoroughly decent game and I enjoyed the 30 mins or so I gave it, but it's a bit too much like the recent Deus Ex game, which was another decent game, but I am really over fetch quests and the general structure of these type of games. I cannot summon the motivation to bother. Fuck it.

Did you get to the first proper open area? After the pub? That's really when it sticks the hooks in.
  • I just can't handle that type of game anymore.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Haven't played DE: HR (yet), are they really alike? Need to give that a go soon, but I imagine I should give it a gap if they're that similar!

First person adventure - go here, do that, get the thing game.
    No matter what I say, it's just going to be a cliched load of balls about games being like work.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Haven't played DE: HR (yet), are they really alike? Need to give that a go soon, but I imagine I should give it a gap if they're that similar!

First person adventure - go here, do that, get the thing game.
    No matter what I say, it's just going to be a cliched load of balls about games being like work.

Yeah I can't be arsed with that kind of game anymore either, I just can't find the time for them.

I will give Dishonured a go at some point, probably over Xmas when I get time off.
  • Catherine. While I want to support interesting ideas in gaming, I'd also like to support games that are actually fun to play.
  • Ace Combat Assault whateverthefuck... Got to the final showdown with the last boss.  Almost broke the TV it's so Japanese cheating. Traded.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Haha! I gave up on last fight too. I think I spent two hours of Xmas early morning last year trying to beat the fucker.
  • i've recently gave up on PES2013.

Also, though a while back, i gave up on Arkham City, despite loving Arkham Asylum too.  It suffered for me in the same way most 'open world' games quickly do...having to travel to the next 'mission', but in between they scatter dozens of side missions that pop up all over your radar...and i don't really want to break up the story to do the side missions, but if i don't do them i might miss out on something i need for the proper mission, and i don't want to have to go back on myself, so i end up meandering towards the real mission via various dull side quests or training missions etc, so by the time i get to the real mission i'm sick.
    arkham asylum was much more linear, but much better for it IMO.  "here's a 'room', get through it.  ok, here's the next room."
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jem wrote:
    Catherine. While I want to support interesting ideas in gaming, I'd also like to support games that are actually fun to play.

Play it on Easy, YouTube your way through it, have a great time with story.
  • I fired up PES again last night. Even on a lower setting, I'm finding it slightly frustrating. The AI is just either broken or non-existent. They will either just run up and score when they feel like it or let you run rings sound them and score. Your team mates not making runs and stuff is also bollocks. What little I played of FIFA 13 I played suggests its still a superior game. 

Gonna get some achievements out of it then either trade it in or leave my masochist nephew to play it.
  • Ace Combat Assault whateverthefuck... Got to the final showdown with the last boss.  Almost broke the TV it's so Japanese cheating. Traded.

Very Namco. Spikes in AC and RR are a fucking nightmare.
    Very Namco. Spikes in AC and RR are a fucking nightmare.

The game was fairly fun for the most part... and then you get this dick in a plane with infinite flares and the ability to turn on a dime.  It was so infuriating it's only the 2nd game I have failed to finish... the other being Clive Barkers Jericho, and that was because that game was as much fun as choking to death on your own anus.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Gateways on PC (an indie puzzle game).  Stupid complexity towards the end with no clear explanation of the mechanics - having now youtubed a puzzle solution, it did a whole thing that hadn't been explained at all.  Plus, when I reloaded to experiment with said new mechanic, it hadn't saved since the previous puzzle, which was tedious as anything and I simply can't be bothered to repeat it as it wasn't fun.

Only thee more puzzles to go in the whole thing, but I simply cannot be arsed.  Shame really, as the first 80% was fairly fun!
  • Halo 4 (single player campaign).

Boring load of tosh.
  • You didn't sound like you enjoyed previous Halos. What made you pick this one up, seeing as it had the worst campaign of the lot? 

It's like me with CoD. Didn't like the ones I played before, so I stopped playing them after 4.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Halo 4 (single player campaign). Boring load of tosh.
    I think I'm on about the 2nd mission when I stopped playing it.

I have too many games unfinished and that's why this year will be spent picking up a high percentage of my games after they drop in price.

On my shelf unopened.
    Dead Space 2
    Yakuza 4
    Shadow of the Colossus HD
    Dishonored

Started but only played for a few minutes.
    Bully
    Assassins Creed III
    NFS: Most Wanted
    Halo 4
    LEGO: Star Wars TCS
    LEGO: Batman
    Assault Heroes 2
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Mark of the Ninja
    CoD: Black Ops II
    Rage
    From Dust
    Deus Ex: Human Rev.
    Hitman: Absolution

Not Finished.
    Batman: Arkham City
    Dead Space
    Enslaved
    DiRT 3
    Fight Night Champion

...to name just a few.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    You didn't sound like you enjoyed previous Halos. What made you pick this one up, seeing as it had the worst campaign of the lot?  It's like me with CoD. Didn't like the ones I played before, so I stopped playing them after 4.

cod4 (mw) had a great sp, that sniper level and the level after the credits.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Not my thing, CoD. Just don't get along with it. Thought campaigns were arse. Nothing on Halo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My pile of shame is insane now. I don't even want to think about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!