PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Resi6, to not enjoy it is to deny fun itself exists in the cosmos.

To deny crawling up stairs on ones back
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And squit. Surely squit is a word. "I've got the squits; in fact, fuck, I'm doing a squit nowddown the inside of my trousers legs" being example usage.
  • Slang though, innit?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Grandia 
    Been tapping away at this on and off for a couple of years. It's a really good jrpg with a fun battle system, likeable characters, banging soundtrack etc, but I've been hopelessly lost in tower area for what feels like most of that time. 

This morning I reached a part here I'm hitting switches and getting no visual feedback about what they do.... and I've come to the conclusion that life's just too short really.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Surely there's an FAQ or video walkthrough or something you could use?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Considering giving up on Zone of the Enders 2nd runner. Looks nice but its so ridiculously boring and repetitive.
  • Yeah Red Eye, no doubt. I liked playing it old-school sans guides though, added to the charm, prob for nostalgic reasons.
  • God Hand
    Spoiler:
  • Umm, I might return. Smashing their little faces in would feel real good.

- Apologies for the triple post.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    "Get your pet neutered or...SPADE"

It is pretty much the best game, indigo.  The midgets can be annoying but get juggling and you should be fine, you can even juggle them all indefinitely.

Mach Speed Jabs help a lot.  Too much, really.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    ME3 - I had a good bash at the first but my PC couldn't take it so had to put it down.

I don't like the controls mainly on a pad, perhaps it's more suited for PC M+K controls? To me it just doesn't feel great. No doubt I'm going to miss out on something great?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • It's great BUT I've been struggling with the controls a Lot tbh. Movement and camera control on the one stick feels really off to me, as does dodging with the right stick..... I'll give the jabs a shot though Sir Dubs, loathe those little freaks.

Edit: not meaning midgets in general, they're cool and stuff.
  • beano wrote:
    ME3 - I had a good bash at the first but my PC couldn't take it so had to put it down. I don't like the controls mainly on a pad, perhaps it's more suited for PC M+K controls? To me it just doesn't feel great. No doubt I'm going to miss out on something great?

Youtube. ME3's gameplay's mostly that of a fairly linear cover shooter, best bits are character moments and the story progression.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    It's great BUT I've been struggling with the controls a Lot tbh. Movement and camera control on the one stick feels really off to me, as does dodging with the right stick..... I'll give the jabs a shot though Sir Dubs, loathe those little freaks.

Yeah the controls feel weird for a long time and fall a bit short when the number of combatants increases.  I think it's more a problem of the automatic soft lock-on than anything.
    The way to minimise it is to use the taunt to lure enemies one-by-one.  They'll be more aggressive but it'll also help fill your tension bar and is worth it imo.  You can also get a couple of taunts in whenever you dizzy someone.

If you haven't realised already, mashing up on the right stick makes you practically invincible to a lot of attacks so it's handy for learning what each enemy can do and it also builds tension and also also leads into a sweep if you press triangle during the duck.  Watch out for heavier hits though, they'll still catch you, and it's useless for the midgets because they're little bastards.  Group them up, juggle, stake-driver.  The fight's at its hardest when they're all alive so don't feel bad if you die without killing any of them.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Grandia  Been tapping away at this on and off for a couple of years. It's a really good jrpg with a fun battle system, likeable characters, banging soundtrack etc, but I've been hopelessly lost in tower area for what feels like most of that time.  This morning I reached a part here I'm hitting switches and getting no visual feedback about what they do.... and I've come to the conclusion that life's just too short really.

Sounds like my experiences with Vagrant Story and Eternal Sonata. Both lovely, gorgeous games, but in each I found myself hopelessly lost in a mahoosive dungeon. Shame, really.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Just given up on the Xbox thread. We appear to have broken it.
  • Not just me then. Some new posts still appearing though.
  • I'm spamming it to try and shock it back to life.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    So just that one page was fucked? How did that happen?
  • @Dubs, thanks for the tips. I'll give them another go tonight.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    beano wrote:
    ME3 - I had a good bash at the first but my PC couldn't take it so had to put it down. I don't like the controls mainly on a pad, perhaps it's more suited for PC M+K controls? To me it just doesn't feel great. No doubt I'm going to miss out on something great?
    Youtube. ME3's gameplay's mostly that of a fairly linear cover shooter, best bits are character moments and the story progression.

Hmm...maybe the 'story' setting might be fun in a few years time when indoctrinating a future generation into videogames.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Really though I wanted to love a RPG that wasn't J-.
  • beano wrote:
    Really though I wanted to love a RPG that wasn't J-.

I tried a few times and only succeeded once (KotOR).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    no grind no way
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Play the AD&D Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games you nobjockeys.
  • Midget crew down. Juggle ftw.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just pissed up at "nobjockeys" from bollockoff. I might be drank.
  • God Hand..... (Sry Sir Dubs!)... this time it's for reals.

Getting triple teamed by Conchita etc (for a second time) with the camera constantly auto-locking on to the wrong boss is so frustrating, especially since the only way to break that lock is to use the ironically titled 'quick turn', leaving my character completely open to attack. 

After many, many attempts I managed to kill two of the three and just as she was about to go down she broke out some kind of new, hyper ass-kicking combo, that I hadn't seen her do till then................ I've never been that close to flinging my gamepad. 

Kudos to anyone who's played this right to the end. There's a great game here but for whatever reason I find myself fighting with the camera and controls during multiple bosses -on top of the enemies- and It's killing all the fun for me unfortunately.
  • Scratch all of the above! 

Decided to give it one more go before bed and I somehow managed to beat them quite comfortably...... Think I'll keep going with this after all :)

Apologies for double posting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!