Final Fantasy - General
  • It's not you, it's us.

I am an utter freak, I could (probably) name you every boss in order in that game. The shit your 12-14 year old brain stores is bizarre.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    I've never played anything prior to FFVII. I know V and VI get a lot of love. Should I bother with the rest and what's the best way to get hold of them now? I see a few on the app store, but £5.99 and £10.99 seem a bit much, when I could get them, elsewhere.
    Honestly, I'd just get VI and not bother too much with the others. I played it on a SNES emulator and the PS1 version. Not sure what else is out there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Fentonizer wrote:
    I've never played anything prior to FFVII. I know V and VI get a lot of love. Should I bother with the rest and what's the best way to get hold of them now? I see a few on the app store, but £5.99 and £10.99 seem a bit much, when I could get them, elsewhere.

Right...

I & II: The iPhone versions aren't Retina compatible and are a bit meh. You'd be better off with the GBA or PSP versions (the PSP versions are 50% but not for much longer).
    III: DS or smartphone, it's all good. There's a PSP version coming soon but it might not get out of Japan.
    IV: God, this has been on everything - GBA, DS, even a recent version for the PSP with the sequel included (I think this on offer as well at the moment). Take your pick.
    V: Only available as a PSone Classic on the PSN and on GBA. The PSone localisation is shit, although I think that's discounted as well. Tempted to say go for GBA or wait until a later remake.
    VI: Only as PSone Classic and on GBA. The PSone Classic version has load times and is just a tweaked version of the old localisation, although I don't think it's supposed to be a total abortion.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The big Final Fantasy 50% off PSN sale is worth checking out actually - Tactics is £4, Dissidia 012 is £8 and so on. Hours of fun, HOURS.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Honestly, I'd just get VI and not bother too much with the others. I played it on a SNES emulator and the PS1 version.
    I'll second that, it's a must play. IV and V are just okay.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Noooo. I love FFIV. I think all the SNES ones are worth playing.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    VI: Only as PSone Classic and on GBA. The PSone Classic version has load times and is just a tweaked version of the old localisation, although I don't think it's supposed to be a total abortion.
    Now you mention it those load times were pretty exruciating. For some reason it needs to load in the menu screen whenever you switch to it, and even though it's just a couple of seconds it's something you need to do a lot - healing after a battle, for instance, or changing equipment... Got on my tits that.
  • Play VI. It is the awesomes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've started playing FFVI again as Theatrhythm made me all nostalgic and I never got that far in the GBA version. Playing it on my teeny tiny Micro.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    How can you not remember a name like Proud Clod?
  • I want to list them all but I also don't because I know i'll forget a few like that Flying Sea Serpent you fight in Junon.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I want to list them all but I also don't because I know i'll forget a few like that Flying Sea Serpent you fight in Junon.
    Or rather, not like that Flying Sea Serpent you fight in Junon.
  • I mean it's name, which gamefaqs tells me is Bottomswell hur hur.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    To be honest I only remember some of them by association. Like that insect boss in the Nibelheim mako reactor. He's just that bastard I need to get Trine from.
  • Materia Keeper, but he's not in the Reactor, just a cave in the mountains, right? I remember them by how much I hated fighting them as a child, so Gi Natak and his two Soul Flames always stays high in my memory because Cosmo Canyon was awesome for story, but nails hard to fight through.
  • Partook in the PSN sale yesterday.  Vita screen looks mighty nice with all those remaining FF titles in little bouncy bubbles.  Once that PS1 firmware update hits it's a full house!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Tempy wrote:
    Materia Keeper, but he's not in the Reactor, just a cave in the mountains, right? I remember them by how much I hated fighting them as a child, so Gi Natak and his two Soul Flames always stays high in my memory because Cosmo Canyon was awesome for story, but nails hard to fight through.

Cosmo was piss easy, everything was damaged by Cure!

@Bollockoff

As for the Antlion boss on 9, you just need to make sure everyone is immune to whatever status effect he inflicts with his sandstorm attack. I think it was confusion.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Partook in the PSN sale yesterday.  Vita screen looks mighty nice with all those remaining FF titles in little bouncy bubbles.  Once that PS1 firmware update hits it's a full house!

Ohhhhh sounds cool, 
    I just grabbed loads of ff wallpapers for vita homescreens looks swish as funk now.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I had good fun with the DS version of FFIII, but I never completed it.

The FFXII sequel, Revenant Wings, however, was a complete pig. I couldn't even beat the tutorial. No idea what I was doing wrong.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Read this whole thread today. I was very much a PS1 FF man, so 7-9 were my favourites, specifically 9,8,7 in that order. I've had 9 sitting on my PS3 for ages, ready to replay. Like Tempy, I think I 100%-ed that one, although I must have been close with 8.

Anyway, might fire up 9 today, but Theatrhythm has been sucking my nostalgia boner recently.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    so 7-9 were my favourites, specifically 9,8,7 in that order.

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Remember, the FF PSN sale only last until the store update tomorrow.
  • I loved the opening of 8 with the sea assault, I remember playing the demo of that and being in awe. Also, trains.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'ma get 8 today too.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    so 7-9 were my favourites, specifically 9,8,7 in that order.
    YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

How so?
    9 is easily the best out of those 3.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • 'Easily' like it's fact or something. IX has the worst limits of VII-X and that counts for a LOT of FF points in my book.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    9's music is not the best. Thankfully it is colourful as fuck.
  • It has a remix of VI's battlemusic which is good, and the villain is pure crystalised Bishonen nonsense, he has a thong FFS. All in all, it just lacked some of the extra stuff that made the other FFs super good, IMO. I did enjoy it though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah the villain. I forgot he existed. What a pro. 

kuja_2.jpg
  • Level 60 &  halfway through disk 2.

Gonna stop grinding Grand Dragons now lolz auto-reflect + distract + 4 x blizzaga.

But yeah, Trance kinda sux. Everything else about 9 is great so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!