Comedian Comedy HAHA LOL Thread Thread
  • Recently went to see Dave Gorman (for the 4th time), I never know what to expect, but always come away impressed.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Stewart Lee. /thread
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Used to rinse Eddie Murphy's Raw VHS, his Cosby skit a highlight. Bought a couple of Chris Rock DVDs a few years ago but remember being slightly disappointed.

Seems a bit old hat now, but Peter Kay when he was fresh on gave most Northerners a belly laugh, although Phoenix Nights remains his best work. I do usually go for deadpan stuff so Stephen Wright serves me well here. Other than that it's basically what comes along on Mock the Week. The Beeb used to do their Tommy Tiernan hosted stand up show of a Saturday night, sadly no more.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I need to get the rest of this, but I suspect this is the highlight.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • The episode of Louie with Doug Stanhope oh man.

Has Louie been on UK tv yet?

Unlikely, watch his stand up show 'Chewed Up' on Netflix if you have it -well worth a watch.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I just realized that Pranky is Nathan Barley.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    oookay then
  • Nathan's website actually worked, don't make me point out more flaws ( there may be none )
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He's a bit more reserved and spiteful but I think the comparison is sound.
  • You would, you can only dreem of having a Barley of your own you Auslander.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Stewart Lee. /thread

Yep. Same consensus was reached on the oldoldrum when similar thread arose.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • He's very Marmite though. I don't find him in the least bit funny.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Recently went to see Dave Gorman (for the 4th time), I never know what to expect, but always come away impressed.

Seen him a few times now. He's a fantastic entertainer.
  • Saw Stanhope a couple of times over the last few years, he always delivered a quality set and is great with hecklers. I tend to go for that misanthropic style of comedy, it resonates quite well with me.
  • g.man wrote:
    He's very Marmite though. I don't find him in the least bit funny. regards g.man

His 'scotch' identity skit not go down well I presume? hahaha.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Stewart Lee. /thread
    Yep. Same consensus was reached on the oldoldrum when similar thread arose.

Well quite, but then I have my days when I find myself laughing at Michael McIntyre so suckmyfuck
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • It is possible to like Michael McIntyre and Lee, even if Lee does not like McIntyre.
  • Good to hear.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • g.man wrote:
    He's very Marmite though. I don't find him in the least bit funny. regards g.man

Agreed G.Man, his 'I'm so smart' demeanour gets in the way of any humour for me.

That and he looks  like Pete Tong, also much like Pete Tong he would have been best left in the 90s.
  • To be fair though, he is probably the smartest comedian out there right now.

That said, does he give off an 'I'm so smart' vibe? I mean a lot of cunts go to watch him who are guardian reading fuckslots who think they are the mack shit, but I don't really get the feeling from Lee directly, especially when he is delivering material that he think's he is smarter than his audience.
  • Its just the impression I get, other people may percieve it differently I guess.
  • He's very Marmite though. I don't find him in the least bit funny. regards g.man
    Agreed G.Man, his 'I'm so smart' demeanour gets in the way of any humour for me. That and he looks  like Pete Tong,

See also Dave Gilmour?
  • Gremill wrote:
    The episode of Louie with Doug Stanhope oh man.
    Has Louie been on UK tv yet?

As far as I'm aware, no. Which is shite.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Agreed G.Man, his 'I'm so smart' demeanour gets in the way of any humour for me. That and he looks  like Pete Tong,
    See also Dave Gilmour?
    Dave Gilmour's let himself go etc.

In interviews he comes across as a somewhat shy but genuinely warm and thoughtful bloke.  His stage persona feels that he is above it all but is furious that people like McIntyre enjoy the success they do.  I think he (off stage) actually admires McIntyre in some ways, his stagecraft for instance.  I've no doubt he harbours some frustration at the kind of comedy that typically draws a massive audience, but his stage persona amplifies it a lot.  His style appears arrogant at first look, then seems more self deprecating the more you watch him.  He has mastery of the form I've seen few others have; Richard Pryor perhaps.  The final episode of series 2 of Comedy Vehicle is genius.

As for others, Sean Lock's later standup is good.
  • Fair enough, perhaps I just need to give him more time.

Absolutely love Sean Lock but feel he is better off stage than on it. So so sharp on panel shows and 15 stories is easily one of the best comedies no-one has heard of.

I despair at some of the comedy that makes it on to TV, especially the BBC. Ive yet to see a female comedian on TV that can actually make me belly laugh, compared to amateur comedy nights where female comedians are easily on par with their male peers.

A friend of mine does stand-up, (forgive me if I've mentioned this before) he has started an amateur night  called 'semi-detachted comedy' hosted in peoples houses, with a different comedian in each room. Makes for a great experience. People are turning down paid gigs to do it for free now which is impressive.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sounds good.  15 Storeys is brilliant.  OI!

Comedy Vehicle is superb, I must have rewatched them ten times.

"Does it have... visible otters?"

Lee is interesting because he polarizes people, often violently.  I suspect those who despise him often miss the fact that the bloke on stage is just a device he uses; he doesn't actually think those things.  These are YouTube commenters I'm talking about though, not the fine folk hereabouts.  You understand irony and satire (cept for Maria maybe, Pranky definitely).
  • I'm glad that fat, ugly bitch, Katie Brand disappeared up her own unfunny cunt.
  • Whilst Lock is funny on panel shows, I fear it may be a function of swift editing.
  • Who is the OCD chap on "Would I lie to you". Quite like him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!