PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    gee
  • Cheers folks. The panic has begun. Can see my work shafting me with time off, a mile off. But oh well, it'll be worth it soon enough.
  • Congrats. I like 'g'wan the tacheman' so I'll just repeat that.
  • Aaaaaand yup, no space on the rota for me to be off on moving day. So need to be up at 0430, do a shift, and move shit for days on end. Fucking class.
  • Are you already somewhere that you have to move all your stuff out of on the same day?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nah, but I'd rather have the time to do it and then have time to enjoy settling in. Not just flinging a bed and a telly into it and going back to work, is all. Especially when work is so, so, so stressful and busy at the mo.
  • Aaaaaand yup, no space on the rota for me to be off on moving day. So need to be up at 0430, do a shift, and move shit for days on end. Fucking class.

Red bull Gav. Also maybe make friends with a patient and chief a pill or two. One sofa in each hand m8

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Nah, but I'd rather have the time to do it and then have time to enjoy settling in. Not just flinging a bed and a telly into it and going back to work, is all. Especially when work is so, so, so stressful and busy at the mo.

Yeah totally get it mate. I'd be the same!

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can you just tell your boss that you're moving house and you need the day off? Obviously I don't know about the UK but being given the day off to move house here is obligatory.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No legal obligation in the UK. Can you put in a days leave Gav?
  • Done all that. Decision lies with the bosses. One who does the rota explained there's no wriggle room or folk to cover so I'm fucked. Chance I'll get the following week off, but not the exact days I need.
  • It sucks but at least if you do get the week after it'll be all set up for the full relax.
  • Went for virgin media in the end, superfast, can install and activate on my own so zero downtime, and £110 cashback via Top Cashback. That'll do.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    GAAAAV just seen this
  • Here's a fun Thursday question for you:

Anyone had a vestectomy and willing to share their experience??

Something I'm very much considering, simply so my wife doesn't have to go back on birth control which will screw her hormones up. I need to go and speak to the GP first I believe. I know it won't be super pleasant but interested if anyone has done it!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can't get your vest off, huh?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Here's a fun Thursday question for you: Anyone had a vestectomy and willing to share their experience?? Something I'm very much considering, simply so my wife doesn't have to go back on birth control which will screw her hormones up. I need to go and speak to the GP first I believe. I know it won't be super pleasant but interested if anyone has done it!

I've had a vasectomy.  The procedure itself was relatively straight forward - about half an hour in a GP surgery.  They used the "scalpel free" technique which tends to have slightly better outcomes, and is generally quicker.  (Just a bit of local, and a small incision on either side to let them access the vas).

It's worth booking a week off work as things can be a bit uncomfortable following the Op for about a week or so.  (Car ride home was uncomfortable...)

The most important thing to remember about a vasectomy is that the vast majority are irreversible.  You shouldn't have one if there is any possibility at all of you changing your mind.  (I have seen people who had a vasectomy and then regretted it following a divorce or in one awful case a tragedy involving the kids.)  I opted for one as I can't realistically imagine raising more kids no matter what, and it wasn't fair to keep expecting my wife to go through the many issues she experienced with birth control.

The second thing to warn you about is that you have to submit a semen sample several months after the procedure to make sure it's worked.  Very occassionally things "rewire" themselves, so this is more important than you might think it is. Use other contraception until you've had the all clear.

Possible side effects include long term testicular pain, bleeding, a thing called a granuloma (basically a collection of sperm that eventually disappears) or infection.  Most of those, barring the chronic testicular pain, are either self limiting or easily treated - and can usually be avoided by following the advice from the doctor.  The chronic pain thing is rare.

If none of that puts you off, go for it. Despite all of the above, it's not a massive deal, and it's much, much safer than sterilisation is in women. After a week of feeling uncomfortable and moaning a lot (as is my way), I've not thought about it since, and everything's entirely back to normal now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I feel dizzy.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mine was done almost exactly 8 yrs ago at 32. Doctor asked questions about why so young but I was convinced. He referred me to a hospital who done it under anaesthetic in a small theatre but I've heard of people getting done on their lunch break. Sent home with two grapefruit in a hammock and my GP signed me off for two weeks. Friends have asked their GP in recent years and are being told they have to go private for mad money. Guess I was lucky.
    To answer common questions I'm asked, there's been no change in libido or volume of fluid. Sperm make up a small part of semen.
    As Tin says, consider it irreversible so have a number of chats with your missus about it to be 100% sure. We love the idea of having a big clan around us but it wasn't something we'd realistically do but had to be sure.
    Good luck. PM me if you want.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Thanks for sharing gents.

Before everything shut down due to covid, I was looking into it. Would have to be private (apparently depends on locality) and costs a fare bit, but as mentioned above Mrs Skades birth control really messes with her.

Tin, how rare are we talking about with regards to chronic pain?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Yup cheers both, always good to have stories from those who have been through it
  • Skade wrote:
    Thanks for sharing gents. Before everything shut down due to covid, I was looking into it. Would have to be private (apparently depends on locality) and costs a fare bit, but as mentioned above Mrs Skades birth control really messes with her. Tin, how rare are we talking about with regards to chronic pain?

There's a lot of argument about exactly how common it is.  The most commonly referenced answer is about 1-2%. (But some research suggests it may be higher) It certainly is a risk, but I've not seen anyone who's experienced it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Late to the party but congrats Gav... now get to IKEA and buy a load of candles and shit.
  • Don't buy shit, you can make your own at home.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But it won't be as cheap as IKEA's.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!