Assassin's Creed
  • Amazing, how long has this been out? Already got gifs to rival Aliens Colonic Marines.
  • Lol at the first one.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • That second pic is going to give me nightmares.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    That second pic is going to give me nightmares.

SU6Jj9r.jpg

c967tKu.jpg

U8zh6Pp.jpg

You're welcome.
  • Taxidriverghost.png

671814-chatterer56436877.jpg
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Thanks for the nightmare fuel guys! Good to know ye have my back... but It's actually grown on me a bit. This one is like an interestingly strange surreal collage:

n379B6B.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Game is so best

• Like...why is it doing that? It didnt do it when I played it...its a GFX card problem, no?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its an unpolished, unfinished, money grabbing piece of shit.
  • Its an unpolished, unfinished, money grabbing piece of shit.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Those glitches are due to a graphics card issue, right? Whether it's overheating or something like that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not from what I can tell, they're taken from neogaf from peeps with high end PCs.
  • Looks like the collision detection isn't playing ball with the characters rigs.
    The nasty faces is again something to do with the rigs and skinning.

Don't think that would be down to the GPU, things popping in, rough textures, screen tearing, framerate, that kinda stuff is GPU.

Someone with more know how will probably tell me i am wrong though.
  • Not from what I can tell, they're taken from neogaf from peeps with high end PCs.

Again, maybe I'm not being clear.

It's an issue between the software telling the card to do something and the card bugging out because it cant do whatever the game is telling it to do because it's too hot, drivers are fucked, code is fucked, etc.

Yes, it can be shoddy on the game code part - but it's more likely due to some form of unsupported hardware/driver.

I also wouldn't be surprised that you could correlate the fucked up faces with some version of a specific GFX card and driver.

Anyway...

Why not enjoy the game people? Lots of people are...
  • Nah that is coding not GPU.

Take the face stuff, what you can't see is the character rig (a sort of skeleton), the character model is skinned onto that rig with each joint on the rig having a set amount of influence on it's surrounding geometry.

Here the face is stretched over to the left shoulder.
    U8zh6Pp.jpg

This means either the rig has loaded in wrong and the head joints are over that shoulder rather than central or the skin is being influenced wrong and being sent to the far left as default.

All of that is decided long before it gets to the GPU.
  • This is my favourite:

kaktz5uxhorhae3ltq4o.png

Also:

RUuOoD0.jpg

zEIbV1f.jpg

QUp7Biu.gif

8qHtBt4.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    google wrote:

I've no problem with peeps enjoying this or any game, just lolling at the bugs and the money grabbing mentality of Ubicunt.
  • This is wonderful. Those faces.
  • Just to add to Lives pretty complete explanation, collision detection is not handled by the gfx card, that will be handled by the physics engine which is all code.

Those faces are fucking out there. I've never seen any shit like that but again that will be just bad loading of assets, should have been picked up before the game went out the door. Sloppy.
  • None of it is any worse than most see in Bethesda games but this is Assassin's Creed 67 so I would expect a bit better.
  • OK - thanks for the info people. I always assume when there was a glitch like the above faces it was due to a GFX issue and would always restart/turn down my card.
  • Alright, I've done another hour of this on PS4 and it's fine.

Yes, there are parts where it chugs but Ass Creed has always chugged.

I'm in no real position to comment on it's 'playability' at the moment but it feels like the same AC of old with a much more realised actual city.

I like Paris, yo.
  • google wrote:

I've no problem with peeps enjoying this or any game, just lolling at the bugs and the money grabbing mentality of Ubicunt.

Fuck AC, anyone that buys this is a cunt, they'll never stop rehashing the same old shit when they still sell by the bucketload.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Fuck AC, anyone that buys this is a cunt, they'll never stop rehashing the same old shit when they still sell by the bucketload.

I know, right? It's almost as though people like the formula and gameplay or something.

I cant think of any other videogame franchises that do the same though, though. It's weird, you'd imagine publishers would want to find some kind of formula that allows them to release multiple games in the same universe with similar mechanics...
  • Maybe I wasn't being clear...
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Maybe I wasn't being clear...

Perhaps. It's difficult to see through the constant logic you're posting.
  • the faces are the best thing AC has to offer me.
  • This thread is fucking great.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    This thread is fucking great.

Probably the most fun I've had with Assassins Creed since II.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    aayy lmao
    [font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]AC Unity is true next-gen. In fact, it is SO next-gen that it isn't even finished yet! I like to be on the cutting edge and I appreciate that Ubisoft is making games that it is still making, even weeks after you've beaten them.[/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I also love the forced integration with an app as well as a website. How that works is that you sign in with your uplay account to experience so many error messages that last gen could never display on screen at one time.[/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The game itself (no spoilers) centers around Arno, an Assasin in search of locked chests that require a cell phone game with micro transactions to open. You level him up by "hacking" into your bank account to drain real money at 60 FPS. The rest of the game runs at a solid 12 FPS which is TWICE as cinematic as a movie... No small feat! Once you've completed "playing" a website on your computer, Arno is finally ready to fall through the ground and enter a white abyss... The core challenge of the game, these moments where you simply fall into the sky that accurately existed under 1700's Paris, are some of the most nail-biting moments in any game ever made... Will the game crash? Will you have to hard reset your console? Results are random, so it will always be a surprise![/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Many people just won't "get" this evolution of Assassin's Creed and should spend their time opening up a history book instead. It is there they could read up on Paris' floating people and long battle with pop-in. Even today, many Parisians only exist after you've already walked past them. It is these small details that Ubisoft has nailed and they deserve applause with tons of random audio pops just as you'd hear in the game's cinematics.[/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]After playing this gem, I've decided to fly to Montreal tomorrow to begin playing 2018's Assassin's Creed 9. Unity's only shortcoming was that it was a little TOO finished, so I am hoping the Ubisoft guys will let me plug my controller into a broken vending machine in their studio that simply eats dollars that I put into it without delivering.[/font]
    c52Qvab.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!