Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Top game that 'Ninja, Soul Reaver - was one of the best games on Playstation for sure. Barely remember it now but good times indeed. Love thread like this. Here are a few of my favourites from the past while with short rationales - in no particular order and a lot of these will be MMOs so some of you might never have heard them before, I beg of you to listen as some of the music from MMOs is absolutely spectacular. I've had to stop myself from linking a couple of dozen videos...

Dark Souls The Ancient Dragon
    A hidden gem within a hidden gem. Finding this zone was rewards enough but the music just made it all the more rewarding. A stunning, stunning OST with excerpts like this that just transcend the game beyond being just a game.

World of Warcraft - Grizzly Hills
    For a game I spent over 100 days of real time in there are too many to actually consider. But amidst all the expansions and nostalgia there are a few from what is arguably Blizzard's best WoW expansion: Wrath of the Lich King to recommend. The first, Grizzly Hills is the culmination of years of great zone soundtracks. It was one of those tunes you would find yourself humming at random points in the day or even deliberately riding to that very zone just to listen to the music even if you had nothing to do there, a great piece of music. 

World of Warcraft - Crystalsong Forest
    In the same expansion then you had something like this. A song that comforts you at 2am in the morning as you fly about mining for ore and materials. Or indeed, chase that illusive rare spawn proto-drake 'The Timelost Drake' for months on end, every night without success. It was still worth it though, for the memories. 

Destiny Rise Of Iron - Efrideet
    Personally I feel Bungie really hit their stride with story-telling OST's in this expansion. They're not the best for nostalgic purposes but they communicate to the player the plight of the quest at the time and this was one of the very best ones.

Destiny The Swordbearer
    Now this, this has an extremely important place withing my accessible bank of gaming memories. Just listening to it again had me banging my hands on the desk as the music builds to the final crescendo. Maybe it's because I played a Hunter during this raid and was responsible for felling Crota but whenever I hear this short burst of music I instantly get transported back to those late nights back in year 1 Destiny. Good times.

Lineage II - Hunters Village
    My second MMO, the last one before WoW has a special place in my heart. To some an eastern grindfest but to me it will always be the place where I found that you can meet great communities online. The music in this game is absolutely astonishing. The best of any game I'd say - this track is one of my favourites, as I spent many many a night in this village looking for parties and groups.

Guild Wars Autumn in Ascalon
    Another fantastic MMO soundtrack from Jeremy Seoule. Guild Wars was a great game, I remember myself and a close college buddy punishing this back in 2005 - from ArenaNet and Mike O'Brien of Blizzard this game had huge scope and quality. Just listening to this again beings back those nights we spent out in Ascalon  completing quests. MMOs aren't the same anymore, they've more or less died out - at least how they were from 2000-2012/2013 has long since passed. It's good to still have these memories and soundtracks to help remember the good times.

• I'm sure it's been mentioned before here, but playing FF VII recently has reminded me just how great it's soundtrack is. It's one of a few games (SotN is perhaps another) where the music elevates the whole experience to another level.

This, for example, that comes in during Cloud's story about Sephiroth turning mad: 

In the game the first 11 seconds repeats over and over until Sephiroth walks out of the library to wreak havoc, and only then does the organ sound drop in. It's perfectly done (from 25.58 in this video):
  • Awaiting delivery of the Data Discs pressing of the Outrun soundtrack on vinyl. God, I'm excited.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah yeah, another great OST - Played the shit out of that in the Arcade when I lived in Dublin. Good times.
  • Picked up the Rez soundtrack on vinyl from iam8bit. Also have Ori and the Blind Forest and The Last Guardian on order. Favourite soundtrack is undoubtedly Shadow of the Colossus, but I also like the more electronic parts of the Mass Effect soundtrack.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Excellent work from a verified badger.

Quoting so it doesn't get lost in the page turn.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Ah yeah, another great OST - Played the shit out of that in the Arcade when I lived in Dublin. Good times.

Arrived today, and good lord it is glorious.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Seems Luc Besson knows how to actually budget.

There’s several big gambles at the movies this Summer, but arguably none is bigger than Luc Besson’s independently funded sci-fi comic adaptation “Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets”.

Boasting a massive price tag of $210 million U.S. dollars, it would appear on the surface that Besson has staked the future of his EuropaCorp studio on the movie. However, in a new interview with Screen, Besson reveals that the film has already paid for itself and the economic risks involved are minimal:

“Like every film company, we will only greenlight a project if at least 80% of its budget is covered. With ‘Valerian,’ we’ve covered 96% of the budget with pre-sales. The risk to EuropaCorp is 4% of the budget so there’s no actual financial risk. The risk for the company is more one of notoriety. If the film is a big flop, we’ll lose credibility for making these sorts of films. The risk is not financial, but rather human.”

As one of the few original tentpole features opening this Summer, the movie does stand a better chance than expected domestically considering how U.S. domestic audiences are obviously engulfed in franchise fatigue and are staying away in droves this season.

How the reviews for the film play out though will have an impact. “Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets” opens on July 21st.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wrong threaded it
  • Shenmue blue vinyl ordered from Data-Discs. Can't wait for this one.
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Skondo wrote:
    Shenmue blue vinyl ordered from Data-Discs. Can't wait for this one.

That does look lovely.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Posted this everywhere else but didn't know this thread existed....

Sorely tempted 24hrs after realising this was a thing.

20479202_522179178159371_8021123112026243072_n.jpg

There are albums for Castlevania 1-3 and Contra . SOTN on the way.

C 4 is my favourite though.

EDIT: Stuff it. Bought it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Been trying to find this thread for a while. As I get older, I find I appreciate the better soundtracks much more. 

This is a little random though. Clue's are in the comments, but challenge yourself, and see if you can work out the derived work*:

Very clever rip that.

*Cryptic clue - Very famous (and critically acclaimed) freeware game.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Is it Outrun?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    :}
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    For those who buy the C IV soundtrack......it runs at 45rpm....was convinced something was wrong with my turntable!
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • Just heard the Mass Effect galaxy map theme tune in this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bfdjgp/horizon-2018-5-jupiter-revealed#

Really is lovely and suits the expanse of space so well.
  • WHEN ITS HYPE TIME:

Honestly Guilty Gear is damn near untouchable in terms of overall track quality and fitness for purpose. Praise based Ishiwatari.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some tables to flip!!!!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Steve Vai working on the Halo2 OST
    To see the man improvising on the fly = woah!

Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Sang Froid. It's some Canadian Quebec stuff brought over from Europe apparently. 

It's so perfect for this amazing little game.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Listening to some Streets of Rage 2 while doing some work at home.  Work. On a Saturday fucking night.  Cos I was a fucking knob and didn't save my work before shutting down on Friday night and now I'm doing it all again for Monday morning deadline.

Anyway.  Top choonz.  Really should play the feckin game one of these days.

Listened to some DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu yesterday.  Cant find my Mushi Futari tracks though.  :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The original.

The new.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Sang Froid. It's some Canadian Quebec stuff brought over from Europe apparently.  It's so perfect for this amazing little game.

Very fun tower defense if you can come to terms with the in-engine cutscenes that try their best to channel Satan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!