The TV you like thread
  • Does this work for spoilers?

Yes.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I watched Veep. 
    It wasn't funny
  • monkey said:

I watched Veep. 

It wasn't funny

It's almost there, the US TV trappings - obvious set, well known faces, even the titles - undermine it though.
  • Yes

P.S. Unlikely is a cunt.

I wish I could read this because I really want to know what it says.

Onyhoo, he's got an explosive vest.  Going to be difficult to use that without being very definitely a baddy. 
  • OK, that's a bit clumsy, but it works. 
  • I'm watching The Voice, BGT, TOWIE and Big Brother is starting soon so I'm excited, - guilty pleasures. 

I'm tired of watching serious drama on TV with plot twists.  I watched Homeland and I couldn't sleep. 

The Voice is good entertainment. 

I watched 5 minutes of Derek. I just didn't find it gripping. Maybe it was too intelligent for me.  

Other than that. I generally buy box sets and catch up later. But I read the spoilers anyway, but I enjoy the acting to see how things are portrayed. 
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Everyone should watch Workaholics. Hilarious. You can find it on the US Netflix if you're cool enough to get it working on your console.

Also got into Community recently, after a ton of friends (friends who shunned Arrested Development, humph) told me about it. Yep, it's great.
  • Breaking Bad - is very cool!
    First 3 seasons are on Netflix 
  • Love Breaking Bad! Got seasons 3 and 4 ready to go.
  • @Unlikely Are you liking Season 8 of House?
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • ...  Also got into Community recently, after a ton of friends (friends who shunned Arrested Development, humph) told me about it. Yep, it's great.

Mrs pantyfire and I love Community, you get the odd duff episode but I really like the way it can get quite surreal at times and play with the format a lot.
    The recent History Channel style documentary of the pillow fort war was a cracking episode.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I_R said:

monkey said:

I watched Veep. 

It wasn't funny

It's almost there, the US TV trappings - obvious set, well known faces, even the titles - undermine it though.

It was OK. Will give the second ep a go.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • RasDam said:

@Unlikely Are you liking Season 8 of House?

I haven't finished Season 7 yet.  I am waaaaaaaay behind.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Watched ep4 of The Bridge last night and fuck yeah.

• I'm planning to start watching that tomorrow. 
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm not one for watching long running shows week in week out but this grabbed me from the start. Plus it's fixed to 10eps so I can deal with that.
  • Well done you. 

I prefer to have the option to binge, too.  I've managed Homeland OK though, so I can probably manage this.  Only risk is that I get distracted and miss an episode, as happened with Borgen. 
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The problem with the long running stuff is they are either successful and stretch a decent idea long past breaking point (Lost, Heroes) or I get into them and they're cancelled after one season (The Event, John Doe).

More programmes should be told "right, you've got 3/6/10/12 episodes, write something that'll sustain that exactly, no more no less"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    pantyfire said:

...  Also got into Community recently, after a ton of friends (friends who shunned Arrested Development, humph) told me about it. Yep, it's great.

Mrs pantyfire and I love Community, you get the odd duff episode but I really like the way it can get quite surreal at times and play with the format a lot.
    The recent History Channel style documentary of the pillow fort war was a cracking episode.

Community's great. I've also been watching Parks and Recreation which is well worth a look, and I've been catching up 30 Rock which is good, but not amazing. Apart from Alec Baldwin.

I watched Homeland too which I really enjoyed. I thought Claire Danes's performance was fantastic.

Other than that, I've finally gotten hold of the original Forbrydelsen and am about half way through. Really enjoying it so far, despite the occasional party scene which is so over lit and under populated that it looks like it was ripped straight from a daytime TV show.
  • 'It's always sunny in Philidelphia" always watching always sunny.
    Cant wait for the new season. I must have watched "Who pooped the bed" about ten times now.
  • Unlikely said:

Yes

P.S. Unlikely is a cunt.

I wish I could read this because I really want to know what it says.

Onyhoo, he's got an explosive vest.  Going to be difficult to use that without being very definitely a baddy. 

Yes absolutely. It seems perfectly clear that is the case now and there is no turning back.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message

'It's always sunny in Philidelphia" always watching always sunny.
    Cant wait for the new season. I must have watched "Who pooped the bed" about ten times now.

Despite Gonzo banging on about it for years I'm only just now watching these on Netflix. Very funny. It's rare for a comedy to make me laugh out loud when I'm watching it on my own.

• Yossarian said:

pantyfire said:

...  Also got into Community recently, after a ton of friends (friends who shunned Arrested Development, humph) told me about it. Yep, it's great.

Community's great. I've also been watching Parks and Recreation which is well worth a look, and I've been catching up 30 Rock which is good, but not amazing. Apart from Alec Baldwin.

I watched Homeland too which I really enjoyed. I thought Claire Danes's performance was fantastic.

Other than that, I've finally gotten hold of the original Forbrydelsen and am about half way through. Really enjoying it so far, despite the occasional party scene which is so over lit and under populated that it looks like it was ripped straight from a daytime TV show.

I gave Parks and Recreation a few episodes and it was alright the main character takes the Michael Scott, annoying boss out the other side of annoying-but-endearing straight into annoying.
    I have been watching this series of 30 Rock and it's alright, not grabbing me by the balls though.
    I like Archer and Ugly Americans.
    A bit of a guilty pleasure this one but I quite like a show called Suburgatory, it's nothing ground breaking, edgy or cool but just a good light family show that has it's quality moments. 

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Mod74 said:

'It's always sunny in Philidelphia" always watching always sunny.

Despite Gonzo banging on about it for years I'm only just now watching these on Netflix. Very funny. It's rare for a comedy to make me laugh out loud when I'm watching it on my own.

Yeah, I find that, De Vito kills me! The way the craziness ramps up across the seasons is amazing, going back to season 1 now it seems so tame.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    @Pantyfire

if you watched the first season, then the boss's character was somewhat rejigged in the subsequent seasons. She was never supposed to come across as ditzy or stupid, which she did a bit at first.

It might be worth giving a couple of episodes from later seasons a go.
  • 30 Rock? Is there a Season 6?

I though 5 was a bit poor, assumed it'd been cancelled after that.
  • I've only ever seen the Jesus film episode of Community and it was awful. Really not very funny at all.

Currently working my way through Farscape on Netflix.
  • Farscape is killer, I might have to buy that.

BSG continues to wow. Season 3 is really strong so far, even the episode with Bulldog was great, in my opinion.

Baltar is getting a Jesus beard, oh yes.
  • Hahaha, eventually you're going to get to the end. 
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, the end is rubbish. And, arguably, a bit racist.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!