The TV you like thread
  • Only seen S1 of Breaking Bad, got the rest sat on the HDD ready to go, just need to get round to starting them.
  • adored said:

Only seen S1 of Breaking Bad, got the rest sat on the HDD ready to go, just need to get round to starting them.

You need to crack on bud.  S1, whilst good, is by far the weakest season of the series.  After that, it really is high grade TV, with only one or two bum episodes throught the remaining 3 seasons.  Quite the achievement that it keeps up the qaulity & just gets better & stronger.

• adored said:

Yeah, The Middle is horrendous, looks like a very cynical attempt at re-creating something like Malcolm in The Middle, although why anyone would want to is beyond me.

Let's get the mother from Everyone Loves Raymond, that janitor dude off Scrubs, let's get a kid who looks even weirder than the freak off MitM and another couple of brats, what could possibly go wrong?

Also, I quite enjoyed the first episode of 2 Broke Girls, there were a few better jokes than I expected. The 2nd episode was dogshit though, pure dogshit.

Is this a why would they want to create another Malcolm in the Middle because you thought it was awesome or because you hated it? (assuming the latter)

Seriously, it was one of the (if not the) best non-adult only comedy shows ever created. The writing and characters are genius - Dewey is a legend.

Hated The Middle.

edit: Also: Ah! How can that scene not be on Youtube?!

Guess, i'll go with this one then:

• I didn't mind MitM, it had its moments, and also had Brian Cranston - which can only ever be a good thing, just not sure why anyone would want to try and produce a really shit version of it.

The little Dewey-esque kid is particularly disturbing.
  • cindemon said:

You need to crack on bud.  S1, whilst good, is by far the weakest season of the series.  After that, it really is high grade TV, with only one or two bum episodes throught the remaining 3 seasons.  Quite the achievement that it keeps up the qaulity & just gets better & stronger.

Aye, will make a start on it this weekend hopefully, it's my only 'quality' tv fix at the moment.
  • adored said:

The little Dewey-esque kid is particularly disturbing.

Yeah, what were they thinking.
  • Some excerpts from shows I like. The second season of Louie is at Woody Allen in his prime levels of genius, seriously hunt it down.

The wonderful work of Dr. Steve Brule played by John C. Reilly just finished its second season recently. Excellent stuff.

Eagleheart is back for season 2 and the first episode is a masterclass in parody. Not on youtube, unfortunately, so here's the trailer.

Basically, I like a lot of adult swim shows.

XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • RasDam said:

Also, Sofia Vergara is reason enough to watch anything.

YES. I absolutely love Modern Family. Just watched last nights episode and it's still as consistently good as ever.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message

Hot Hot HOT!

She's not bad either.

ahem.
  • Louie is definitely a cut above.
  • I like that Dr Steve Brule thing.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Hmmm.  Just looked up those Adult Swim shows - am I imagining it, or can I actually watch them streamed for free on their website?  That can't be right.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I know they recently opened up some stuff to the rest of the world as I was watching a bunch of Tim and Eric stuff on youtube which used to be blocked. There was a short lived UK version of Adult Swim, so if you're on the uk site you'll be looking at stuff that is very old. Eagleheart certainly wouldn't be on there.
  • The US site certainly seems to have everything available internationally...
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Homeland. Still shite. So the eight year plan is to [spoiler]strap a bomb to the ginge?[/spoiler]I think they should have mulled it over for longer.
  • Another one for Louie. Incredible stuff. The episode with the female heckler was a highlight. Love that man.
  • Finally got to catch up with Game of Thrones tonight. 

Another good episode, not a terrible lot happened, but it set up a hell of a lot.  The benefit of knowing what is coming made it far more enjoyable as I got very excited about certain upcoming events. 

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • To many of my homies chargin, I've never seen a single episode of GOT despite being well into high fantasy stuff, sex and midgits. I've also never seen an episode of Tha Sopranos despite devouring The Wire. Gots remedy that.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Gave up on The Sopranos somewhere in the 2nd season. Got bored by that, The Wire is so much better.

• 2 Broke Girls = 2 girls with the most annoying voices in the world.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Another one for Louie. Incredible stuff. The episode with the female heckler was a highlight. Love that man.

Haha, yeah, I love that episode.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I like that Dr Steve Brule thing.

For your health!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is anyone else watching Grandma's House? I like it, it's funny. Yeah.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Homeland is great. Best full series of anything I've seen for ages. Probably since the Dexter before last.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    For GoT people, the DVD special featurettes involving some of the cast narrating the history of Westeros (in character) are on youtube. Fun listening whether you've read the books or not.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message

Homeland. Still shite. So the eight year plan is to [spoiler]strap a bomb to the ginge?[/spoiler]I think they should have mulled it over for longer.

I'm not sure where you're up to, but I assume you haven't finished it yet. Suffice to say, there's a bit more to it than that.

@EvilRedEye I'm downloading the latest Grandma's House right now. I enjoyed the first series, but this one seems to have found its feet a bit more. I do think I preferred Amstell when he was being a sarcy shit to celebrities, but Grandma's House is still very good.
  • Other episodes of Steve Brule are in stark contrast and present his really grim upbringing. These two I find fascinating.

• I know a lot here won't have watched it, but a guy played the Tetris theme tune on a laser harp on Britain's Got Talent tonight.
    It was awesome. I don't know if he got through, but I hope he did.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Youtube says he did.

There's a guy with a few videos up showing how they work (kind of)

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    A little lttp but I've started watching Dexter for the first time today. It's a bit fab, isn't it.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!