Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll have your copy then sparkly lad, thanks for that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've had enough, third attempt to get into this but I just can't.  I was up in the north west of the map when my Malaria flared up. Went back to the church, the priest sends me away south east for some pills. Having battled my way through countless checkpoints and a fucking shanty town, I passed out just as I got there. Fuck doing that again. Is there a reason why everybody shoots on site without a moments hesitation?

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    GO ROUND THE CHECKPOINTS HOW MANY FUCKIN TIMES HOWAY
    Ha I was, nowt was a problem then FUCKING MALARIA and I have to rush somewhere. Poor.

PM me your address Franticle.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wow, that worked. I should have asked for a tv.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I really want a meat pie right now due to your avatar but I have none in. You just don't realise the anguish you cause, Pea.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The supermarkets are open until 8 on a Sunday ATM.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You have 43 seconds
  • Bid £1.27 for this on ebay earlier, got pipped at the post with a bid of £1.47. Them's the breaks
  • Is there a reason why everybody shoots on site without a moments hesitation?

Yes, and it's even explained in the game to you.

There's a civil war on, and anyone leaving the towns without defined "team" colours is fair game for the other side.  You're specifically being used because you're not affiliated with either side, so you're deniable; with the unfortunate side effect that both sides' foot soldiers will shoot on sight.
  • Webbins wrote:
    GO ROUND THE CHECKPOINTS HOW MANY FUCKIN TIMES HOWAY
    Ha I was, nowt was a problem then FUCKING MALARIA and I have to rush somewhere. Poor.

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE KEEPING YOUR MALARIA PILLS FULL??  Every time I used a couple, I'd do another mission to fill the pill box up again.  Therefore, all my malaria attacks lasted about 20 seconds.

Sparky, I think you should stick to Tetris.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    sometimes its just beautiful setting stuff on fire at night time especially.
    and watching the sun come up.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I came out of my cabin as the sun came up.  A short way off, a family of impala were making their way to a nearby watering hole.  It was beautiful.  One of them looked at me; I shot it in the fucking head.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah Elm, the game can't possibly have any sort of fault, silly me. It has to be my fault doesn't it, so despite the fact that the last time I popped a malaria pill I clearly had five or so left in the bottle, I obviously should have known I had completely ran out.

The civil war angle is pony too. Hey new guy, I want you to attack 20 of my enemies at this location, but first you must kill a hundred of my guys getting there. THAT WILL WIN ME THE WAR!

I can't believe you won't accept the game could have any problems with it. Are you always this cockeyed with games you like?
  • Thought Elm was Scottish?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I blew up an entire mission last night. Was like a fireworks factory going off. Cue mission completed after two rockets.

Fuck yeah, me!
  • Had a similar thing, once. I had to assault some desert-base and kill some chap. I forget the finer details, but there were a bunch of snipers who'd noted my clumsy approach and were keeping me from entering the base from my preferred angle. So I paced all the way back to my jeep, got in the back, then started firing grenades over the mountain which separated myself from the enemy base. I had no idea where these grenades were landing, or if they were being of any use at all, but after 4 or 5 minutes of firing rounds into the distance, the mission was completed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And in two hours of playing, didn't have one checkpoint notice me.

Like OMG right.
  • Sneaky cunt.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I always thought this game really excels on the hardest difficulty. Knowing you're just a couple of bullets away from death at any time forces a more tactical approach. I remember shitting myself whenever I was exposed in the open, or when a patrol would pass my position. But so long as you thoroughly check the landscape as it emerges with your progress then you really shouldn't encounter many surprises.
  • Hey new guy, I want you to attack 20 of my enemies at this location, but first you must kill a hundred of my guys getting there. THAT WILL WIN ME THE WAR!

.... or you could go around the checkpoints, and therefore avoid conflict until you reach your target....?  Or listen to the exchange earlier where one of the faction leaders talks about his foot soldiers being expendable, and if 10 die but you achieve a major blow to the enemy it's fine?

These aren't problems.  You're just playing it like GTA.  "Get in my jeep, ok, where's my mission, right off we go for a drive WTF IS THIS THERE'S A CHECKPOINT IN MY WAY THIS IS RUBBISH."
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I was once my malaria kicked in, I was desperate to get the pills so I was looking at my map while hurtling around in my jeep. Until the flare up I was avoiding them or trying to silently off the guards to see what supplies they were guarding. 

Anyway Frantic has a copy sorted, if anyone wants mine they're welcome to it.
  • I'll have it, wouldn't mind actually finishing it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A winner is you.
  • Feeling nostalgic for this now. If the zebras so much as touch a vehicle, their death animation instantly kicks in. I spent hours herding them towards different vehicles and laughing.
  • I was once my malaria kicked in, I was desperate to get the pills so I was looking at my map while hurtling around in my jeep. Until the flare up I was avoiding them or trying to silently off the guards to see what supplies they were guarding.  

... so mechanic designed to make the game more challenging, made the game more challenging?  And before malaria, you were avoiding checkpoints or taking them out silently.  What was the problem??
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Trying to. Silenced shot to the back of one guy's head brings out his mates, and despite following your advice regarding staying still and being in so much vegetation that I couldn't see them, they spotted me quite easily. Being shot by someone you can't see, great stuff.

I can see what they're trying to do with the malaria, adding some urgency to it, but the snide five pills left magically turning into no pills left is a bit forced and spoiled what enjoyment I was getting from it.

Give it a rest Elm, I've tried with it but it's just not very good. I can't change what I dislike anymore than you can change what you like, you big Far Cry zealot you.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wasn't keen on the malaria side of it at all...
  • The series might just have punched the shark:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0r7umi/far-cry-3-gc-2012--shark-puncher-interview
    Just looking at the footage in the vid, I would say the omnipotent AI has been turned down considerably, the bits where he takes out a guy from a roof with a silenced submachine gun and the other bad guys around dont hear it is certainly different from FC2.
    I was really impressed with the graphics from the very first footage revealed at E3 two years back but the lighting etc.. on this footage is a bit bland, especially compared to FC2. I hope they have just used footage from some dingy dynamic weather day or something.

Anyway he mentions something about a game editor - he also seems to imply that it wasn't actually multip editor maybe a co-op editor. Or am I implying wrong from what he says?

plus...BEARS!
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Some interesting stuff there. Using fire to push wild animals into an enemy outpost sounds like fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!