Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    If you finish the main story can you carry on doing weapon and radio mast missions?
  • Nope, make sure you've got a save before the point of no return.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Cheers...
  • ok, so it seems I might be wrong about this game.

When it first came out it had the dubious honour of being the only game I've ever taken back to the shop after hating the early levels. But, after the chat about it last week, with a few of you whose game judgement I trust having very fond memories, I decided to pick it up again.

It is excellent.

First time round I was playing it "wrong". Playing it like a GTA style game, attempting to zoom from mission to mission in a hail of gunfire and explosions. But this plays much much better if you slow it down and play it as a RPG in many ways.

A lone man stuck in a warzone has to be more careful - I only operate at night. I avoid confrontation. It can be so tense, but this makes it awesome. And the graphics and setting are truly wonderous.

So, er, yes, I was wrong.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Applause.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Glad you're enjoying it, Carbon, it take an entirely different mindset than normal sandbox efforts to get mucho satisfaction out of this.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    For anyone playing on the PC, there are some excellent mods that alter AI abilities.
    Usually they make them less aware and less like bullet sponges.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    For anyone playing on the PC, there are some excellent mods that alter AI abilities. Usually they make them less aware and less like bullet sponges.

Funny you should mention that last one, I picked it up again last week too and the enemy take a startling amount of bullets from the car machine guns before they go down.

As an aside I noticed that the enemy couldn't get out of cars unless they did it through the sunroof, a glitch I hadn't noticed on my previous copy of the game.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    They take just one bullet from a sniper rifle which is how I've found is the best way to not get killed a lot...
  • There's nothing else like this game, however you feel about it. I want to go back in, think I'm about half way through. It's quite daunting though.
  • Yeah, jump in. You'll pick it all up again in no time. I'm enjoying my second playthrough every bit as much as the first.

Had to get rescued today. Was on foot when I saw an assault truck approaching, a perfectly thrown (so I thought) grenade took out the now very close truck, only to have the burning remains land on top of me. This is by no means the first time this has happened, I should probably try to be less grenade happy.
  • Try the 'realistic' difficulty setting. Enemies dies very easily, but so do you. Double the tension
  • I'll give that a go thanks. Until now I've just left the difficulty on default, hadn't even considered changing it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I also feel I should maybe give it another go (pc this time, with mods). But I'm just not sure I have the energy!
  • Far Cry 2 was awesome.  It did have it's faults but I instantly fell in love with the game from the off.  I love driving around, stopping, shooting something, getting back in, driving to a bush, setting it on fire, watch the bad guys die, get back in Jeep, run over some animals...

I've just made it sound a bit like GTA but it isn't anything like it.  I can't WAIT for FC3.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Likewise, Far Cry 3 and GTA V are the only games that I have high anticipation for.

I'm playing it on Hardcore (or whatever it's called) what are the difficulty levels in Far Cry 2?
  • I was playing it one level below hardest but the enemies were bullet sponges and I wasn't, so I move it down a couple of notches. Now everyone is a sponge. Still enjoying it, mind, and moto is right - the sniper rifle don't care about your spngyness!
  • Sniper rifle? But that just gives your position away. I prefer the dart gun thing. Silent and deadly. Only stuns them I think but there is sadistic joy to be had in darting an entire base from afar and then walking through it putting pistol shots to the heads of comatosed enemies.

I need to play this game again.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • The dart gun kills outright, you've been executing corpses :). It is great, but has very limited ammo and deteriorates quickly. 

I like the sniper rifles m'self, if you engage from cover at a substantial distance and displace regularly you can get a fair few kills in before the bad guys track you down. Just remember to use the camo suit and move slowly while crouching.

I'm still using the Dragunov at the moment, great for injuring the mercs with a leg shot then waiting for their friends to try to help them before taking them out as well. The .50 cal is also properly awesome, shoots through most cover with ease.
  • Realistic difficulty is nails, brilliant though. Sniper rifles, silenced weapons and stealth tactics become essential.
  • The dart gun kills outright, you've been executing corpses.

Really? Damn, I was sure it only stunned them. How psycho of me!
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • A game that demands your inventiveness and rewards you exponentially.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My successful raids would go as follows; scouting a camp, keeping a tally of the occupants and what they were carrying.  Then, find a shady spot with good exit routes and start picking off the snipers and rocket launcher wielding guys. Camp goes into a panic; back off, skirt around to a different spot and pick off any loners.  Move again (by this time a group will have made a move toward your general direction) and unload a few grenades at the main group.  Move in and pick off the survivors with a silenced MP5 and machete, moving from hut to hut, in and out of cover.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Nick wrote:
    There's nothing else like this game, however you feel about it. I want to go back in, think I'm about half way through. It's quite daunting though.
    I will never go back to this game again and I think a lot of the design is poorly thought out and implemented, but when it works, it really works. I remember a couple of phenomenal sequences during my rather brief dalliance with the game.

As you say, there really isn't anything else quite like it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The new trailer is looking sweet, I can't wait for Far Cry 3...

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Some great stuff and some jarring stuff.  What was that accent, Austra-South African?  Also, that tiger was a bit manky.  Had a failed taxidermy look about it.  I'll play it.
  • Looks quite nice. Defo buying. Hopefully my memory of Far Cry 2 will vanish.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Promise not to unintentionally spoil this one for Noxy or anyone else.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • It seems to have a lot more 'character'. I hope it's just as tense as 2. I used to play it on the hardest difficulty and have memories of hiding out under a boathouse picking off enemies one by one - pinned down by some chaps with a mortar on the other side of the lake. I eventually took them out with a sniper rifle and had to slowly make my way back to the centre with no syringes, under the cover of darkness. Proper 'Heart of Darkness' / 'Apocalypse Now' stuff. 3 seems a lot more mystical and almost comic.
  • beano wrote:
    Promise not to unintentionally spoil this one for Noxy or anyone else.

Me or you?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!