The Battlefield Thread
  • CQ vids popping up on YouTube. Dare I say it but the signature office map that we have seen a few times in promo trailers is actually too large. there is too much running around with no one to shoot. Fail.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    battlefield premium is up on psn £39.99 access to close quarters now!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I bet two of the map packs would cost close to that. Might actually be worth it.
  • 4000 space points on the 360, I'm assuming the map packs will be 1200 points each, so it looks like a saving. The risk is in what the final two packs are and who's playing them by that stage.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im gonna get it later, its give me so many good times and i know il enjoy it.
    so 'operation convince the gf' is go.

• I_R wrote:
    4000 space points on the 360, I'm assuming the map packs will be 1200 points each, so it looks like a saving. The risk is in what the final two packs are and who's playing them by that stage.

My only concern is that Aftermath and Endgame turn out to be single player or coop extensions. That would sting.
    But I did see on the EA brief thing that on the breakdown for what you get for prem it said 20 new multiplayer maps. Which would suggest 5 in each of the 4 packs OR it could be bollocks and they are including Karkand in that tally which leaves Aftermath and Endgame still possible duff DLC.
  • I'm sure Karkand is being included, 4 maps per pack sounds right. I'd expect the devs to move on to BC3 or BF4 by the time Armoured Kill is out. Could be some old maps remade or it could be the tea boy knocking up the final few packs.
  • Teaboy is living off Metro
  • They can fuck off bundling patches with DLC. That's another 2.38 gig sat on my HDD of which I'm only interested in about 200 meg of... if that.

As they've had the cheek to bundle Karkand in with Premium, I wouldn't be surprised if they are counted as part of the twenty. It wouldn't be EA if there wasn't some filler or wholesale shafting, so I would fully expect some half assed co-op or mini campaign.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 4 per pack assuages my fears a little. Fuck it, I might just get it, you only live once. Except for games of course.
  • And them Webbins goes and pisses on my chips and I am not sure again.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think the fact there's no other mp game on the horizon will force us all to get it...
  • EA wins again.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yeh go 'pea. I am getting it when I can.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    When are the maps out?

Edit: Iain, please don't write BC3 in a post around E3 time, I got all excited.
  • some this month I think
  • FranticPea wrote:
    When are the maps out? Edit: Iain, please don't write BC3 in a post around E3 time, I got all excited.
    Next week on the 360 if you shell out for the lot of them, two weeks after that if you just buy the map pack.
  • A week tomorrow isn't it for 360 Premium players? They get it a week after PS3 owners, although thanks to DICE both platforms will be experiencing it at the same time. Then I think the less deluded of us have a chance to buy two weeks after the Premium lot.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hmm doubt my box will be fixed by then anyway, and I've no idea if I can temporarily transfer all my karkand content etc onto my borrowed Xbox easily.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    premium and close quarters available now on ps3.

loving the new assignments ang need just 8 more revives for aug-a. :)

gun master is a new mode and rather excellent, 16 guns starting with pistols get 2 kills and it switches to next, knife to finish at 17.
    knifing also demotes you down a kill/gun.

new maps, close quarters are infantry only but excellent.
    theres 4 of them and new mode available on them all, not tried vanilla maps yet to see if gun master is on them.

i love this, 40 notes well spent and 'operation convince the gf' was a total success. :)

• Gun Master sounds fucking shit, exactly the kind of insipid tripe you find in COD.
  • Lol Webbs what's up with you?
    Did BF take a shit on your favourite cat?
  • BC2 was awesome, this is such a pale imitation. We've gone from 'we'll never charge for maps' to charging twice for Karkand, bundling it with some shitty gun skins and calling it value. I still have problems with some of the overriding design flaws such as lag compensation and client hit detection. The yo-yoing from patch to patch to try and balance the weapons is like pissing in the wind when you allow Joey Red Neck to hop over and plug me from 2k away with a potato gun.

I'll still play it though, because even though it tries to imitate COD further and further, there is still a BF spine to it, and as Pea rightly says, there simply isn't a viable alternative.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck this shit.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Gun Master sounds fucking shit, exactly the kind of insipid tripe you find in COD.

It actually works because it's still a team game. You need to figure out your best player and then provide them some support to get the final knife kill. The new maps are superb as well. All are decent enough in size, akin to larger CoD4 maps. They're also carefully designed to avoid camping. Nowhere is safe.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Gun Master sounds fucking shit, exactly the kind of insipid tripe you find in COD.
    It actually works because it's still a team game. You need to figure out your best player and then provide them some support to get the final knife kill. The new maps are superb as well. All are decent enough in size, akin to larger CoD4 maps. They're also carefully designed to avoid camping. Nowhere is safe.

its so moreish too.
    excellent games last night ali, weren't sure if they were mates of yours in squad or not?
    knuckle wanted in with us.

fuck it im going back in.

• Not mine m8, thought they were yours! Knuckle kept killing me. Discovered my youngest had left his 3DS connected to the net, hence my massive lag at the beginning.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Who fancies a crack on this?
  • PS3, anytime. But I guess you'll be 360? We did well last night Davie. Think we won most matches despite having fewer kills. They seem to forget that winning is related to actually taking flags!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    360 yes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!