Noise bands & rare label opus -WE GOT A REKID IN HERE : Noise For Badgers Volume One -ZIP AVAILABLE
‹ Previous123456714
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Not dance, metal, regular instrumental, classical or anything you'd usually pick up on. I mean they are the varied and the rare.

The folks who break their balls touring all over Europe for nothing more than love of what they are doing.

I give you Pneu...

...Barberos...

...Fordamage...

...Bob Corn...

and Divorce

I am sure there are millions more. Who have the rest of the B&B seen who might otherwise fly under your radar had you not been in the right (or wrong, depending on your perspective) place at the wright/wrong time?

First BnB Noise Album, ZIP AVAILABLE HERE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5xbtxpdvqv3sjg/Noise for Badgers Vol. 1.zip

SAFEasafeSafeWSaffefFAFEFSAFEsafaesafesafe
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I saw Divorce in East London last time I was back in the UK. I was actually there with a friend for the support who were all right, but Divorce were phenomenal. A great live act.
  • Am pretty square when it comes noise acts, wherein my canon starts at about Melt-Banana and doesn't go further than Lightning Bolt, the best rock band of the 00s.

Actually my preoccupation at the mo is finding the club music equivalents of noise rock, of which I've had a bit of luck with Emptyset and NHK.
  • Yeah I was going to mention Lightning Bolt. I've not plucked up the courage to get any of their albums yet but I like some of the stuff on Youtube.

Bronto Skylift are good, managed to miss them in Manchester by a matter of hours which was annoying.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    It's late here and I don't want to piss off my house mate who goes to bed super early, but on the noise front...

I fuckin' love The Locust.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Reminds me a bit of Rolo Tomassi. Saw them supporting 65daysofstatic a few years ago. Not what I expected

• Some great stuff here, noise rock suits my sensibilities no end. Really liked Pneu and Bronto Skylift, will investigate further. Love a bit of Lightning Bolt but I only have the Earthly Delights album, it's proper awesome though. Six finger Satellite's Law of Ruins and Half Control are also staggeringly good.

Also, Part Chimp are well worth checking out. Their Thriller album's a blinder.

• The Locust made me smile, got a mate who's a massive fan of theirs, we used to play split screen Timesplitters 2 (bricks and bats on Mexican mission ftw) with them blasting away in the background.

I'm still undecided about Rolo Tomassi, I've seen them live twice and got their Cosmology album, but for every track that clicks with me there's two that don't. I do love Cirque Du Funk though.
  • Quite like Part Chimp. Reminded me a bit of Mastodon for some reason. Maybe the vocals.

I agree about Rolo Tomassi as well. I bought their self titled album at a gig but found it all a bit contrived. Noone I've played it to likes it but I still have a sot spot for them. Just ordered Cosmology as it sounds a bit more polished. Something about it reminds me of Mars Volta but with screamy vocals

Godspeed's new album comes out tomorrow and is getting good reviews. Can't wait.

Just to add something else to the thread, Let Our Enemies Beware were ace.

• That was pretty damned awesome. Just ordered Against Karate from Amazon.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The Locust made me smile, got a mate who's a massive fan of theirs, we used to play split screen Timesplitters 2 (bricks and bats on Mexican mission ftw) with them blasting away in the background.

The Locust are immense. They only annoying thing about them is their tendency to release stuff on oddly shaped CDs, so I can't rip the tracks to my computer.

Good call on Lighting Bolt, they're on my list of bands to buy at some point.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Guess this belongs here...

tumblr_m17hfqeKWc1qg06cwo1_500.png

Quite liking that Enemies Beware track. Will have to do some digging.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • A lot of 'dark ambient' owns hard. I like Final's stuff much.

Thing with LB is you can pretty much pick any of their records and have heard the sweep of their interests. They know their rut and they thrash it.
  • Let Our Enemies Beware's 'Against Karate' album arrived yesterday, been listening to it non stop and it's a belter. Some private seller had it listed on Amazon with the description "As new. One partial listen", made me smile.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Off to see these guys tomoz.

DJ SCOTCH BONNET aka DJ SCOTCH EGG aka DRUMEYES aka DEVILMAN +
    the shiggy shiggy scotch egg man returns to Liverpool after a spell of exile that there Berlin..... new tricks and a new take on the SCOTCH(ed) theme .... still the best thing to happen to electronic music in about 10 years. Now working and traveling with crew calling themselves Small But Hard Records - http://www.small-but-hard.com/

DJ Scotch Bonnet is the new solo project of Shigeru Ishihara, aka DJ Scotch Egg. A maverick, crazed with energy and excess creativity, Ishihara’s chance meeting with Matsunaga Kouhei spurred an isotopic explosion of activity and inspiration; the result was new dope style distorted bass and beats now championed by offshoot label, Small But Hard.
    Swapping GameBoys and 8-bit limitation for a hefty distortion unit, Ishihara delves deep into the world of bass-driven hip-hop breaks. DJ Scotch Bonnet melds dense distorted beats with his signature pop sensibility, referencing Scorn, NHK, and the dance music culture of new home-town, Berlin.
    Ishihara is prolific in his output, and has collaborated with E-Da (ex Boredoms) in epic psychedelic outfit DRUM EYES; works with Bo Ningen’s Taigen Kawabe, and Dokkebi Q’s Gorgonn in dub distortion unit DEVILMAN, and also plays bass in newly reformed electronic pioneers, SEEFEEL.

SENSATIONAL
    Sensational (formerly Torture) debuted in 1993 on Jungle Brothers’ J. Beez Wit The Remedy, then busted out a strong solo with 1997′s Loaded With Power, a maverick, lo-fi piece of speaker wrecking bass, chest-caving beats, and gruff, marble-mouthed self-aggrandizement.

KOYXEи
    Koyxeи is one of the many aliases of Kouhei Matsunaga, when in his Hip Hop/Breakbeat guise with vocalists & MCs. Born in Osaka, Matsunaga is a musician and drawing artist dividing his time between Osaka and Berlin. He started drawing during his childhood under the influence of his grandfather. Growing up listening to hardcore-techno and hiphop, he first studied architecture, before beginning to make music in 1992. His first album “Upside Down” was released by Mille Plateaux (Germany) in 1998. This led to collaborations with Merzbow, Sensational, Autechre’s Sean Booth, Mika Vainio, Conrad Schnitzler, Anti Pop Consortium’s High Priest and more.

CLIFFORD TORUS
    2 part Norwegian, 1 part Pollard Power trio from the people that previously slayed class A audio parties as MOHA - HORACIO POLLARD & NOXAGT 
    NOISE!
  • Matsunaga's made some entertaining rackets to date.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Think he's 34 now. He's certainly kept me entertained for quite some time. Such a good weekend. Having a sit off tomoz if I can make it round. Doubt it'll happen as I've so much lifemin and home chores to do but an wicked few days have been had and if I'm sensible, another's in the works. 

Will link photos of the past few weeks. Be about 9months before vids are produced but I'll dig out some vids from years gone by.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Speaking of rackets caution is advised here.

Bastardcunt - Utter Gash Album on Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/artist/3l9DxDJgSSplXbWqPuJm6a
  • I just won a free pass to this. It was emailed to me like 20 mins ago and "doors open" at 8 tonight ffs.

Should I mosey on over? Not heard much of the artists featured, but just had a quick look on the 'tube at some Kevin Drumm and it seems pretty interesting.

Seems like it'll be this kind of madness -
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Amazing did you go?
  • I didn't in the end, no-one else was about who might have wanted to go, no beer money and it was coooold.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message

This has some video footage of the divorce gig I went to, from @2'30.
    Also features me bouncing around to much noise.
  • That's awesome Beano. Just bought their album, will give it a blast tonight and I'll keep an eye out for any shows in the west mids.

Been checking out Lighting Bolt's earlier albums lately with 2005's Hypermagic Mountain my favourite amongst a great bunch of stuff. Highly recommended.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Happy days-If I notice any tour dates I'll give you a heads up.
  • Tyvm, I may need to bribe / threaten someone to come along though.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Dunno where you live but they'll be up in Liverpool again as they're playing a mates birthday, I'm sure you're not unwelcome. I'll let you know the details and you can get involved if alls cool.
  • Thanks Beano, though prob'ly a bit too far for my wallet to stretch to atm. Wolves / Brum are the closest cities of any note to me, still a good track though.
  • Been checking out Lighting Bolt's earlier albums lately with 2005's Hypermagic Mountain my favourite amongst a great bunch of stuff. Highly recommended.

I've also looked into Lightning Bolt. Like Hypermagic Mountain but I think I prefer Earthly Delights. If you've not got that one I'd give it a go. Colossus is a solid tune
  • Earthly Delights is the only one of theirs I ever bought on release and it's still my favourite overall.

I recently got Hypermagic Mountain, Wonderful Rainbow, and Ride the Skies. I love 'em all just not as much.

Still need to get that Bronto Skylift album (I downloaded Wolf as a free single) . Maybe next month.
  • I haven't got Bronto Skylift's album yet either. I've bought quite a lot of stuff over the past few months and I need to start giving it all a bit more time. I bought a couple of A Hawk and a Hacksaw albums, which I'd recommend. Not really for this thread maybe but anyway

Not the best example but I couldn't find a decent version of the one I wanted to put on (Foni Tu Argile).

I need to get that Part Chimp album at some point too.

Loving the new Deftones at the minute
‹ Previous123456714

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!