Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Hah, I did wonder if that'd be pointed out.
  • The guy I get my shrooms from- in person- is quite a big seller there, and everything I have ever had from him has been in a different league to what I had before. But he's also a mycologist by trade, so I guess you'd expect him to really know what he's doing.

I actually really like this guy. His mushroom obsession is so deep that I can't help but find it charming; how he can't mask his passion and enthusiasm for these things in the slightest, and his whole face lights up whenever he gets the chance to talk about some random little detail that almost anyone else would find boring. Sometimes he just sends me random pictures of new types of mushrooms that have been discovered in some random place, thinking I'm into it in the same way he is, and I find it kind of cute. 

Anyway, few years ago I found a really beautiful old book about wild mushrooms. It was clearly from the DDR, and all the pictures were hand drawn in a really pleasing aesthetic style, in that way which only old books can be. It was a really nice addition to my shelf, especially as it was in surprisingly good condition. However, much as I liked it, it was obvious that he would love it even more, so I decided to post it to him as a random little surprise gift. 

I really didn't expect anything in return, but the next time I saw him he said he had a surprise for me too. He was quite excited to give it to me. It was 2 grams of some exotic mushroom, semperviva something, I can't remember the exact name. He described it as the absolute peak champagne of psychedelic mushrooms, exceptionally potent but even harder to grow. It's not a cubensis, so not something any amateur could ever dream of cultivating. Even getting hold of the spores is a nightmare (I have spent a long time looking). 

It was this mushroom, of all the ones he had, which is basically every type id ever heard of, that he uses for himself, to alleviate the depression that accompanies his Lyme disease. It grows very slowly, barely fast enough to satisfy his own needs, so he suggested I save it for a very special occasion, with the implication i'd probably never get to try it again. He also warned me that I should expect it to be 3-4 times stronger than what I usually get from him.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I decided to take 1g each of this to celebrate our anniversary last year, and Jesus fuck we were not prepared. I won't turn this into another lengthy trip report, but christ, it had the visual kick of 6 or 7g, but was accompanied with a mental clarity and sharpness I've only ever had from needlepoint LSD, which sadly never gives me any visuals. Absolute bliss. 0 confusion. Just hours of hysterical laughter broken up only by moments of sadness when we realised eventually it would end. 

I'd honestly pay 100 euro for another trip from that strain, if I had 100 euro or knew someone who would sell it, but I have neither.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    You probably want to go digging in the dark web.

What actually is the dark web? I mean, I get the general explanation when it’s mentioned on mainstream news media but, not being an active criminal, i’m not entirely sure what it actually is? Is it basically an invite only message board or similar? I literally have no idea and, other than googling the term how to find the dark web, how do people access it?

It's just not the surface web. Surface web is what's indexed on search engines. Deep/dark web (some ppl say they're different things but I use them interchangeably) is just sites not indexed and findable on the surface web. You need a TOR client to access it, most of it is dull af and lame, it's slow af like dial up, it's famous for things like silk road / other drugs markets, hitmen (99% of which will be scams), CP and other illegal stuff. Search dark/deep web browsing on YouTube and there are plenty of videos.

I've never gone into it myself as I'm lazy and can't be arsed setting up TOR, a virtual machine etc.

Almost. The deep web is accessible via standard browsers but requires an additional step to access (usually in the form of user credentials). Think online banking, academic sites etc. Anything that is readily available but isn't indexed by search engines.

The dark web is also not indexed by search engines, but also requires the use of a specific browser (such as Tor). It is easier to remain anonymous on the dark web due to the way that traffic is routed, and so it has become synonymous with criminal activity.
  • Is onion browser a good tor
    PSN - minkymu
  • nick_md wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

What actually is the dark web? I mean, I get the general explanation when it’s mentioned on mainstream news media but, not being an active criminal, i’m not entirely sure what it actually is? Is it basically an invite only message board or similar? I literally have no idea and, other than googling the term how to find the dark web, how do people access it?

It's just not the surface web. Surface web is what's indexed on search engines. Deep/dark web (some ppl say they're different things but I use them interchangeably) is just sites not indexed and findable on the surface web. You need a TOR client to access it, most of it is dull af and lame, it's slow af like dial up, it's famous for things like silk road / other drugs markets, hitmen (99% of which will be scams), CP and other illegal stuff. Search dark/deep web browsing on YouTube and there are plenty of videos.

I've never gone into it myself as I'm lazy and can't be arsed setting up TOR, a virtual machine etc.

Almost. The deep web is accessible via standard browsers but requires an additional step to access (usually in the form of user credentials). Think online banking, academic sites etc. Anything that is readily available but isn't indexed by search engines.

The dark web is also not indexed by search engines, but also requires the use of a specific browser (such as Tor). It is easier to remain anonymous on the dark web due to the way that traffic is routed, and so it has become synonymous with criminal activity.

Ah yeah, that's right. I had heard that before but forgot re. deep web being stuff requiring additional steps like banking, as opposed to dark being illegal stuff. Cheers for clarifying.

@minky TOR is The Onion Router and the only one I'm aware of.
  • Ah i see the acronym now. Slaps face
    PSN - minkymu
  • Theres a fucking ios app
    PSN - minkymu
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Is onion browser a good tor
    nick_md wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Ah yeah, that's right. I had heard that before but forgot re. deep web being stuff requiring additional steps like banking, as opposed to dark being illegal stuff. Cheers for clarifying.

@minky TOR is The Onion Router and the only one I'm aware of.

Ther are others, but I'm not sure I would trust them. Tor is the only one that is reputable afaik.
  • @minky I've never dabbled in tor myself at all, but watching a YouTube by someordinarygamers (Canadian youtuber who does a series on dark web browsing), he has more than just a tor client, he uses a virtual machine (or whatever the term is) and maybe other stuff. Probably don't need to go to quite that extreme but do a bit of research into it before you dive in, is my advice.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Running a virtual machine and VPN is a sensible precaution. Qubes OS is good, and free.
  • Yeah that was it, a VM + vpn along with the tor client.

If anyone's interested in what's on there I'd say just watch some of the SOG series, it's mostly broken links and scams by the looks of it, outside of marketplaces.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Interestingly, Tor was created by the US navy.
  • Yeah was gonna say that :D
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    As we're in the appropriate thread, makes you wonder why they would have released it into the wild, along with TENS OS.
  • This is generally quite interesting, and the video is probably fun to trip balls to -

• Researchers and investigators, for so long mocked as conspiracy theorists and worse, say the revelation that a "UAP Task Force" has been collecting evidence for the Department of Defence for more a decade confirms their suspicions.

No it doesn’t ‘confirm their suspicions’. It confirms that the US military had a department looking into UFO sightings. So unidentified things were unidentified. Not exactly the revelation of the century, there.
  • The Sky, not Sky News. Look to the sky for UFOs.
  • Some mad algae around Arran has turned the sea bright blue. It looks like the Maldives.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • I just searched for Arran on Instagram and here you go:

IiYImnC.jpg
  • looks like a weather balloon to me
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Has anyone heard about voyager sending back signals from outside our solar system. The hum recording that stayed consistent for 3 years and 1 billion miles of travel?
    PSN - minkymu
  • I think it was proven to be the ice cream truck round my way
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Has anyone heard about voyager sending back signals from outside our solar system. The hum recording that stayed consistent for 3 years and 1 billion miles of travel?
    Nope,one to search up methinks. That doc about the voyagers is aces too btw. The Furthest I think it's called
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • It's not actually a hum. It's just detecting the presence of plasma. When converted to an audio signal, it's a constant hum.

This is in itself cool, but not particuarly weird
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Voyager is probably my most favourite space thing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!