The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I think the Boba Fett series suffers from a bit of Resident Evil 5 syndrome; it's not terrible*, but it's definitely in the shadow of its predecessor.

*'What I should have said is, "RedEye, you're right. But let's play Resident Evil 6 again, then we'll discuss it.'

You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money and get out!
    SFV - reddave360
  • So Boba ep5 was better than previous 4 episodes put together!  Wonder why...

(I note Bryce Dallas Howard was back in the Director seat for this ep.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So Boba ep5 was better than previous 4 episodes put together!  Wonder why... (I note Bryce Dallas Howard was back in the Director seat for this ep.)
    She is pretty great methinks. I dont know what they are doing really. The quality of episode 5 should have been the same for the previous episodes. Its like chalk and cheese. Almost like they poured all the budget into ep5. This was just a Mando episode, felt so out of place with the rest of the BOBA FETT series. The violence, the step up in writing, direction, the action etc, all next level in ep5.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Boba Fett episode 6. 
    4gol6i.png

*Starts slow clap*
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This is such an odd show. It's like four episodes in they decided to just give up and make an anthology show about random characters from the Mandalorian instead.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • That the two episodes with the least Boba Fett have been the two best episodes of the Boba Fett show is telling.

I assume next week's final episode will have a longer run time, and Boba will ride into battle on his Rancor.

Mando should have just told Ahsoka that he'd stay away from Grogu if she'd come to Tatooine to help against the Syndicate.
  • I
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    This is such an odd show. It's like four episodes in they decided to just give up and make an anthology show about random characters from the Mandalorian instead.
    It really is the damndest thing isnt it? I dont remember another example of a TV show mashing up like this. Like its only 7 episodes and we have had almost 2 dedicated to someone else entirely. The quality difference too is readily apparent. I dont get it.
    Boba Fett could easily be just as compelling a character but he seems pretty sidelined. 

Some spoilers re episode 6:
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoilers for latest episode:
    Spoiler:
  • Look, I love Mando. More Mando is always good. But this is getting silly now. I thought this was going to be the Boba Fett show!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve got a mate who reckons that these were supposed to be the first couple of episodes of the next season of Mando which had already been recorded, and they shoved them into Boba Fett because everyone hated it.

Not sure if I’m convinced, but maybe?
  • Stranger from Oddworld turning up was pretty cool.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It’s a real mess this program.
  • Something’s happened to it. No one wrote out those scripts. “What if in the next two episodes we completely ignore everything so far and start picking up threads from the series we spun off from?”
  • At this point I'd even welcome another full episode featuring those pesky space mod riding kids.

Not really.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Spoilers for latest episode:
    Spoiler:

I hope you’re right. I must admit, twice this episode had me exclaim “oh shit!”

So, it was pretty decent.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Spoiler:
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Fun factoid, the guy that played the deputy was Boba's stunt double.
  • Can we not just enjoy it?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Rev wrote:
    Spoiler:
    The actors about 60, not exactly a household name. He’s now getting regular work in a billion dollar franchise. I doubt he gives a monkeys.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I don't get this 'It's a Bantha!' craze that is sweeping the interweb.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t even know what you’re referring to.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I don't get this 'It's a Bantha!' craze that is sweeping the interweb.

Please explain yourself.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • That’s a comprehensive answer right there. Thanks.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money and get out!

To persuade you I’m not a prick, I saved all my 50ps and bought you this.

It was just a tenner.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So, I’ve just caught up on this after starting the first episode yesterday.

What a weird fucking show!

1. Boba is shit at everything. He get’s beat up every episode he is in and needs everyone else to save him. Yet he is a bad ass fighting off a massive monster in the Dances with Sandpeople flashbacks.

2. Ming-Na is woefully underused as an actress, she is literally just a servant.

3. What’s with the strange shifts in tone from dark, people getting slaughtered, to comedy rat-catching droid chase through a kitchen.

4. As has been mentioned, the best episodes are when it’s the Mando show. And they have nearly, nearly got rid of the uncanny valley with
    Spoiler:

5. The fucking Mods! Embarrassing in every way possible. Terrible addition to the show and that chase scene. WTF!

6. The Sarlac pit. Bit of luck that bomb blasted sideways eh? Terribly lazy writing just to get another reference in to the films.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Agreed on most points, especially 5 and 6. The Mods look like something out of a by-the-numbers episode of Dr. Who, not Star Wars. The less said about their speeder bikes the better.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Re: 4
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Re: 4
    Spoiler:

Wait, did they not get Hamill in to do the voice work? He is getting credited (and paid for this) isn't he?
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!