Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    U5507HR.gif
    Things can only get better.
  • I think there’s a ten second cool-down on his special moves.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It’s just a bad cover version of Star Wars.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So Reva
    Spoiler:
    Lol at Darth
    Spoiler:
    EDIT: ah shit this isn't the spoilers thread.  Why are we posting in multiple threads?!
    Spoiler:
    For what it's worth, I've watched every single one of these and gone "that's a bit stupid" at some stage - and then one member of the family or the other has told me to shush, because they're bloody loving it.  So...  (shrugs).  

It's probably also worth saying that I can't think of many films or TV shows where I haven't repeatedly gone "but that doesn't make any sense".  I think, as I've doubtless droned on about before, the problem isn't whether or not there are massive plot holes - it's whether you're enjoying it anyway.  Clearly lots of us aren't, but equally, plenty of people are - not because they're blind to the problems, but because they're having too much fun to care. Whilst I'm firmly in the "that's stupid" camp, I'm mainly just jealous of the people who can watch something dumb and fun, and enjoy it as intended.
    Spoiler:
  • I like you guys, I really do, but I’m constantly exasperated when I poke in this thread and see you all constantly banging your heads against this rock solid block of shit in the vain hope it’ll release a soft little nugget of happy nostalgia. The originals bottled some lightning for many of you, sure, but it’s been an ever increasing mess since the end of the 19fucking70’s. You all need to leave it alone and move on.
  • Fuck it. I was there in 1977. I'm going down with the ship.
  • :D
  • Rev wrote:
    My nine year old continues to think it is the best thing he has seen. Let's face it, he's Leia's age. He loved all the Vader stuff and thinks Reva is badass

At the end of the day, that's the best fit for star wars. And why not? Maybe usbadults should feck off moaning and let the kids enjoy it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Fuck it. I was there in 1977. I'm going down with the ship.

Ditto.

Things can only get better.
  • In fairness I'm watching it with my son and watching him experience the wonder and joy that I did at his age. His enjoyment in the series so far has made it worthwhile. Episode 5 did some decent fan service for me but I'm willing to take it as it is.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, I'm still enjoying it with Nate. Plenty of wait/what/why moments:
    Spoiler:

But it's not the end of the world and it's still entertaining. Presumably that's why the turbo haters are still tuning in
  • The thing is, yes maybe Star Wars is best left to the kids. I get that.
    However, kids aren't idiots, I don't see why the writers of the show can't or shouldn't do better. Targetting a tv show/movie or game at kids isn't an excuse for shit quality. Anyway, SW has been with us since the 70s, and a huge number of fans watching will be adults.

The plot so far of Kenobi has fallen really flat IMO which is why so many are moaning. I think Mark Kermode said something along the lines of "If you are noticing a character's wardrobe or some poor lighting then the film has failed to draw you in and capture your attention".

I'm quite taken aback by the "just shut up and take it" mentality by a lot of people on t'internet (not pointing at anyone here, Im talking uugh... reddit), seems like valid criticism is a bit of a dirty concept these days.
    Look at Mando, there wasnt nearly as much online criticism due in large part to it being an enjoyable, much better-written show. I'm sure if we looked closely then the plot holes would be quite apparent.

I wouldnt say many fans are up in arms and spitting bile about the quality of the show but its like shooting ducks in a barrell laughing at the plot holes and such.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    kids aren't idiots,

Except they are. Naive, trusting, un(der)developed critical thinking skills. Kids will buy anything.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I think there’s a ten second cool-down on his special moves.

Well played.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Terrible episode. I was expecting the refugees to make a cabbage thrower at one point. It’s not just the nonsensical plot the action is woeful. 50 stormtroopers standing next to the fat guy and not one hits him. Even the duel with Anakin and Ben was shite. I preferred this when it was just sad Ben moping through the desert. Oh and why the fuck is Leia a maintenance engineer now?
  • Get me a ladder!
  • I'm still watching, just because I want to watch the Auralnauts take on it and laugh hard. It's bollocks, but fuck it, at least it's not 4 in a bed.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    It's bollocks, but fuck it, at least it's not 4 in a bed.
    lol so true. 

On a controversial note, I quite liked the Anakin v Obi sparring match.
  • g.man wrote:
    Get me a ladder!

Lol
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Rejoice!

• I stole G's comment for that video
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I sense a deep disturbance in the farce.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah shit, it's too late to start that now
  • It wasn't great tbh
  • The Vader vs Lady fight was quite good. The rest of it wasn’t.
  • Having crucial functionality of your secret base that can only be maintained and repaired by a child seems like a design flaw. Lucky they had a child that somehow knows electrical engineering.

The rest of the siege shenanigans was so dumb. Yes “it’s for kids” but I’m sure I could watch some dumb other shit for kids and it would hang together better than this. Why were they blasting the door when a lightsaber can cut straight through it? Why did they think that decoy ship thing would work? And how did it work? Why didn’t they just lop off the woman’s head at the end? Why bother leaving her alive?

Anyway it’s nearly over. Can’t wait to slag off the next thing.
  • Oh god the next thing is the Rogue One man prequel thing. A prequel to a prequel. It’s 12 episodes. 12 episodes of non-entity man does dumb stuff in Star Wars universe.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The ship had to be on autopilot, unless someone sacrificed themselves and we didn't see it. Reminded me of that kamikaze scene in The Last Jedi. Did not like
  • RLM are Disney shills!!!!!
    /s
  • Not going to be unfair to people and say they shouldn't say f they dislike it, but I think overall this type of entertainment really requires your brain to take a little bit of a back seat. You can find glaring faults in most blockbusters and its really a case of if the film or show grabs you enough to hide over the faults.

Ultimately its all like Pro Wrestling. The concept itself is stupid and clearly fake. BUT... if you get into it, those things dont matter. Same applies to Star Wars, Marvel (I loved the Thanos stuff but take even the small step back and the infinity stones thing is just nonsense as to how they work) and most "Hollywood" blockbusters like Bond, Fast and Furious, Jurassic Park etc.

Even the much loved originally trilogy is a load of silly stuff where people do things just to move the story along and realism is chucked aside to make things dramatic. You either can go with it or not. 

Thats not to excuse a genunely poorly made show or really shoddy writing but there is a grey area in all this type of stuff. If most 9 year olds are getting a blast out of this, well thats were Star Wars began right? A New Hope is wonderful cinema but if it came out to the type of analysis current stuff does I think it would be slagged to shit. Maybe its best to either sit back and enjoy the ride or realise its not for you and move on.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!