The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • “Brain off, please enjoy” is fine. But then you’ve got to give people the enjoy part. Otherwise the brain can’t switch off and you’re just sat there watching garbage.

Besides, I reserve the right to watch garbage then moan about it. I’d love to watch high quality programming that deserves nothing but praise. But the content providers don’t want to give it to me.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    People are happy for their brains to take a back seat with Mando, the issue with Obi-Wan is the occasional bursts of egregious stupidity of a nature that are unusual for televised Star Wars, combined with the general lukewarm quality of the writing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I almost feel like starting a separate thread for those of us who are actually enjoying these shows, leave all the pissing and moaning in here.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is it really better to continue to consume product you actively dislike while complaining about it?
  • Will just sit in silence staring at a black screen going forward.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Is it really better to continue to consume product you actively dislike while complaining about it?

Very Fair point. I'm 100% guilty as I comment quite a bit on star wars even though I only enjoyed about 5 of the movies and all the shows have left me cold. Again, maybe just not for me? I thought mando was duff but if all you guys dug it, the issue is surely with me in that case.

Anyway, I wasn't defending this show, just making a general comment. Seems a lot of both kids and adults are enjoying it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Will just sit in silence staring at a black screen going forward.

You could do something else with your time.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    tbf myself and I would imagine some others in this thread actually enjoyed Mando Season 1 and 2 and are a bit baffled by the drop off in quality in Boba Fett and this.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    monkey wrote:

Can’t I just watch the tv for an hour at the end of the day?
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    tbf myself and I would imagine some others in this thread actually enjoyed Mando Season 1 and 2 and are a bit baffled by the drop off in quality in Boba Fett and this.
    Yeah this is me. But in fairness Mando S2 was starting to drop off quite a bit. Then having sat through Fat Bob and vowing that was it, I’m not blaming anyone else for this. I knew what I was getting. I just think it’s fine to watch it, say it’s not very good then continue to watch it.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    monkey wrote:

Can’t I just watch the tv for an hour at the end of the day?

Of course you can, just like I could spend an hour at the end of each day punching myself in the balls if I really wanted.

This was only in reaction to that patronising gif anyway.
  • Sorry didn’t mean to wind anyone up.
  • monkey wrote:
    “Brain off, please enjoy” is fine. But then you’ve got to give people the enjoy part. Otherwise the brain can’t switch off and you’re just sat there watching garbage. B
    This is very true. Look at the likes of Dumb and Dumber, Big Trouble in Little China, Under Siege, The Rock, Con Air, I'm sure all of those could be nitpicked to death. But in general, most people don't because they are enjoyable, escapist fun. 

To Star Wars though and the complaining about some of the new shows. Thing is SW is beloved to a lot of people and we want to see it succeed and pull us back in. Which is why many of us keep watching, we are looking for reasons to like it. But the writing and direction of Obi Wan for example, are so bad that there is very little to get excited about. Its disappointing. And I really dont think this show in particular is aimed squarely at kids. Ewan McG and Hayden C formed a large part of the marketing, Disney wanted to pull on the nostalgia strings of the adult fans. Its not unreasonable to expect a decent level of writing or direction is it? Im not looking for Citizen Kane here, just something moderately competent and Im happy!

Suggesting that people who dont like it to shut up and not comment would make for a seriously shit discussion thread would it not? All there would be are streams of "I enjoyed this content. I am ready for more content." , "Did you like this content?", "Yes, I enjoyed this content. I enjoyed this content more and more every week. Did you enjoy this content?"
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Suggesting that people who dont like it to shut up and not comment would make for a seriously shit discussion thread would it not? All there would be are streams of "I enjoyed this content. I am ready for more content." , "Did you like this content?", "Yes, I enjoyed this content. I enjoyed this content more and more every week. Did you enjoy this content?"

A. Nobody is suggesting anyone shut up and not comment. I did suggest that if you aren’t enjoying watching the shows maybe don’t watch them, which is not the same and doesn’t seem like a particularly unreasonable suggestion.

B. Lol, yeah, that’s how people discuss things they enjoy, isn’t it? They don’t talk about specific things that they enjoyed about the show, or discuss where they think it might go next, or anything like that. Oh no, never.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I enjoyed the content and am looking forward to more content that I enjoy in the future
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I almost feel like starting a separate thread for those of us who are actually enjoying these shows, leave all the pissing and moaning in here.
    So that's not suggesting that the critical comments are not welcome?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s not saying you should shut up. You can bitch and moan to your heart’s content in here.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    And I really dont think this show in particular is aimed squarely at kids. Ewan McG and Hayden C formed a large part of the marketing, Disney wanted to pull on the nostalgia strings of the adult fans.

That's an interesting point actually. ROTS was rated 12 in the UK and PG-13 in America so fans who were minimally young when ROTS came out are pushing 30 now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And many likely have kids of their own that they want to share their interests with.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s not saying you should shut up. You can bitch and moan to your heart’s content in here.
    But equally you are saying that criticism isn't welcome, so much so that you think having another exclusively positive thread would be preferable to reading the negativity. Also, you are saying that the criticism is bitching and moaning, again highly dismissive language, as if there is no truth or merit in the criticism.
    I'm not interested in fisticuffs at all by the way, so I agree to differ, good day to you sir.

Oh just one more thing: And many likely have kids of their own that they want to share their interests with.

>> That doesn't mean the show is written exclusively for kids, in fact that backs up what Im saying, that its written (or should be anyway) for a mixed market
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t have a problem with criticism, it just feels excessive in this thread. Each week it’s just opening it up and seeing a new set of complaints from the same few people who just can’t stop watching a show they dislike. Constantly trashing something and coming back for more doesn’t strike me as particularly healthy, reading constant opinions from people trashing something you are enjoying doesn’t seem very healthy either. This thread just feels like a pit of negativity. Who needs that in their life?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I don’t have a problem with criticism, it just feels excessive in this thread. Each week it’s just opening it up and seeing a new set of complaints from the same few people who just can’t stop watching a show they dislike. Constantly trashing something and coming back for more doesn’t strike me as particularly healthy, reading constant opinions from people trashing something you are enjoying doesn’t seem very healthy either. This thread just feels like a pit of negativity. Who needs that in their life?
    Now now now mister. Ive laughed out loud at Kenobi a number of times. I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad ( :) ) that the show is comically bad at times. I laughed at the Auralnauts "Now the hunt can truly begin" video. In a way I guess, its like watching the Eurovision (which I LOVE), or cringe comedy. The criticism isn't as dark and moody as you think it is. 

To turn things around then, can you tell us what you do enjoy about the show?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    CSEXtkX.gif

Those gloves look good for doing the washing up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    All this moaning about people moaning doesn’t seem healthy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm considering not watching the rest of it. It simply hasn't gripped. And I'm easy to please.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    CSEXtkX.gif
    Those gloves look good for doing the washing up.
    ceLgPZk.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They've thought of everything! Is there a scene in Obi Wan where Anakin makes a pizza?
  • aSA0E5R.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!