General Bear Knuckle
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention, just play GG Strive. That's really it tbh, if you like fighting games, just play it, they made it super accessible to people compared to the old games.

I don't get it, they fucking did the 3D/2D thing properly which SF never managed, even though it was a sprite based series, the soundtracks whips ass, the story is batshit insane and every character has a different set of mechanics or gimmick for you to experiment with, oh and they aren't just a string of blonde hair blue eyes dudes, or dudes wearing a variety of karate gis.

It is very based and pog. The poggest, at this point.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s also only on PS and PC.
  • Play King of Fighters, or Tekken 7, or any of the older ArcSys stuff that's on Xbox. Or smash if you got a switch I guess. Or Mortal Kombat. Or even Soul Calibur. Or VF5 if you are hipster cool dude.

I know it's personal choice and all, but SF is so butt compared to all of the competition it hurts my soul to see it getting played over any of the other games when all Capcom did was shit out a half finished game, that cost Ono his job and had to be kept on life support by Sony, then charged peoe like 10 quid for a new stage dlc and shit.

I want 6 to be good because even though I rarely play anymore I am still addicted to the hype and I like fighting games and it's basically the daddy of the genre, but it's like watching someone you love declining into senility and incontinence in real time at this point.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, just play GG Strive.

Do you play? Let’s battle. I bought it on release and not played much. Need to get used to it. Love that vampire samurai guy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The thing that appeals most at the moment is getting in on day one and maybe getting some good matches in with badgers. Jumping into other games and getting stomped online by people who’ve been playing for ages isn’t really what I’m after.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, just play GG Strive.

Do you play? Let’s battle. I bought it on release and not played much. Need to get used to it. Love that vampire samurai guy.

Don't have Strive unfortunately, glad people are enjoying it though, unfortunately I have less and less game time these days because painting my little plastic space marines is very nice for my brain and fun to do.

I need to build a new pc at summer point so will try to take a peek at Strive then, get on the Bedders now they are back in the game or something.
    Yossarian wrote:
    The thing that appeals most at the moment is getting in on day one and maybe getting some good matches in with badgers. Jumping into other games and getting stomped online by people who’ve been playing for ages isn’t really what I’m after.

The Badgers who played SF already will stomp you Day 1 on 6 unless they're nice and go easy. Tbh, the way to enjoy fighting games imho is to not worry about the win, say small goals in games and try to accomplish those while you're finding your feet in a particular game. Hit a particular bread and butter combo consistently, block or punish something consistently, maybe labs a combo into super consistently.

Although most Badgers in any game I've ever played will accommodate anyone new and not put the pressure on a new player, be that SF, KoF, GG or Tekken/SC, all of which I played with Badgers, and in the case of SF4, KoF and GG all of whom were really great showing me the ropes the first time I played with them when I was finding my feet in those games.

I guess I'm passionate about it because there are things that people enjoy in SF that you can find being done better in the other games available right now.

Want team battles? KoF, Skullgirls and DBFZ all got you covered.
    Like to punch and kick and poke and block and play footsies in neutral? Tekken 7 boiiiii.
    Want to pop cool supers and flashy moves? DBFZ or SC6 will get you going.
    Do you want a lot of character variety? Smash Bros or GG or SC6 or Mortal Kombat have diverse rosters to keep you at the buffet.
    Do you want to have the opportunity to really cute loose and go buck wild on someone when they really drop the ball? GG and T7 will let you really style on someone if thats your bag (GG even has a "get off me button" for use one or twice a match if youve had enough of watching your character getting the shit kicked out of them).
    Want to play offline and unlock stuff and do single player stuff? MK or SC6 got that big big single player campaign content.
    Do you like to play dress up? T7 or SC6 will keep you occupied like me and Escape for hours on end.

And so on and so forth. So many other companies, many smaller than Capcom have put so much more effort into titles and are so much more deserving of your time and money and than Street Fighter is currently. Capcom don't deserve your time or your money when it comes to their fighting game division at this point. Never forget these guys hid a rootkit in the anti cheat patch of SFV, never forget the gems in SFxTK, never forget the entirety of the first couple of years of SFV as a full price early access feature stripped title, never forget how they went from MvC3 - one of the most popular fighting game franchises ever and had MvCi dead on arrival. That have spent the last 5+ years just shitting out mistake after mistake for the most part.
  • Sorry, that post isn't aimed at you Yoss, play what you enjoy obvs, I'm just trying to point out that there are many games that people may find more rewarding to play than SF, even if they've not played them before.
  • For me I will mostly pay attention if you actually generate some intriguing character designs, which that SF6 leak roster is absolutely not really doing at all. Dry as fuck.
  • Maybe the large Italian girl is cool? Bah.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Buff Mary Portas is definitely the pick, but I'm also down for Bad Boxart Hugo.

Hugo.png

Who looks a bit like a pained Chris Morris from a post-radiation British satire.

Roujin wrote:
    Do you like to play dress up? T7 or SC6 will keep you occupied like me and Escape for hours on end.

If the Caliburs logged hours I'd be horrified. I regret nothing.

West.png
    Bender.png
  • There's an art to a good SC custom. Look at that Bender character profile card. Magnificent.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One of the few I could approximate his voice for, with his Ooh, baby! and WHAT?!
  • DNF Duel is out on 28 June.  Anyone gonna dive in?
  • I tried the Beta and didn't enjoy it, so won't be getting it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Hmm... They're adding a tension gauge to SF6? That's interesting at least.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    And the backgrounds on these SF6 stages? Pretty decent. Much better than the character designs, anyway.
  • It's occurred to me that SF games have now spent more years looking fuck ugly than not.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Fo sho'.

When fan art, based on a franchise spin-off, looks better to me than the franchise itself?
    The fan art in question:

929b5rold0p81.jpg

I don't even think the Street Fighter Duel art work is that good (Alpha 2 is still the peak for me). But it bricks on SF5 and 6.

It's all subjective, I guess. Many people are out here praising the SF6 art direction.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Anyone watching this Jazzy Circuit 3rd Strike tourney on Twitch? https://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby
  • Even strive has taken a dive these days
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's mental how much more entertaining SF4 is to watch, than SF5.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • Was tempted to post that myself, fair.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Evo, anyone?
  • Yeah that's brilliant!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Evo... Even though the hype has died (for me) with SFV, Daigo has made top 8 on the headline game once more.

Amazing.

Another fairly cool result, is Leffen placing high in Strive. Given that he was a top Smash player for so long, I think that's really impressive.

A couple of names from Japan/Korea appear to be missing from a number of entry lists though. But at the same time, I've not made a fervent effort to follow this, so I can't be sure.
  • Yeh. I’m meh. Right now anyway. Might catch up on best matches / Grand Finals of SFV and Strive once it’s all over.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Tekken 7 finals look lit.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    King of Middle-Aged Tournament. Knee's 37 now; gwan the boy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!