• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Played like a prick tonight.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    It's OK, we still love you.

Ya nob.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. Went back to it and practiced the bosses.

The final boss is a tough one. Still don't have a plan for the final stages of it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Still don't have a plan for the final stages of it.

Kick him in the nuts, and run away.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Close tonight. Final pattern of last boss. No more bombs or lives. :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just too damn warm to play tonight.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    giphy.gif?cid=82a1493by912fsv2ivfrxb6frvgzn2o6e02koece53f1w9vi&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Pictured earlier today, davyK, not playing any games.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hey....not a bad idea. My game room is like a sauna.....but I have a fan I forgot about....
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Just don't place the fan too close to ya junk.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    fookity fook.

No missed to level 4 and then turned into a panda. Didn't get past level 5 mid boss.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    You've got it, Davy, just keep chipping away and it'll yield.

I 1cc'd Futari Maniac today.  Not scoring very well after Stage 3 but it's good fun nonetheless.  Might try to beat my PB just so there's a 1cc on the leaderboard.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Futari is the game that got me into bullet hell. Damn it.  Futari really feels like a continuation on from level 5 of Mushi -Cave seem to have built Futari on that feel.

Best I've managed on that game is level 4 boss on Original. Have only ever really spent time on 1.5 Original and BL Original. But I've only ever played it sitting far back from the screen using a standard pad. I intend to get stuck into it properly now that I have a proper setup for my 360 and it kind of set the standard for ports at the time. Apart from save states it's pretty much full featured and way ahead of its time.

Level 2 is such a satisfying level to play for score with those big cancels on the icicles.....Love the soundtrack to level 3. Gorgeous game. Probably my favourite ever shooter even though I've never got deep into it.  M2 did the 360 port too so it's a great experience on 360.  

Mushi is about to yield - another screw up tonight - lost 2 lives on level 4 boss (one of them with 4 bombs!!). Leaving me 2 lives for level 5 - then my arcade stick started playing up in the latter half of level 5!!! Fire button started to not register presses....Swapping that out or remapping the buttons for next session.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Those Maniac boss patterns are terrifying....a whole new game compared to Original.

And that new meter you have to fill adds a lot to the scoring of it. Nice job on the clear.  :)
  • Maniac scoring is great. I never got a decent score even on a run to stage 3 boss/stage 4, but I enjoyed the rhythm. 

Futari so best.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    No missed to level 4 and then turned into a panda.

Imagine trying to explain this sentence to someone from before 1900.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Maniac scoring is great. I never got a decent score even on a run to stage 3 boss/stage 4, but I enjoyed the rhythm.  Futari so best.

Even Original has a great feel to it - switching between shot and focus depending on the counter - it really gives you a sense of rhythm to a route.  Softening up a large enemy or boss and then getting the kill with the correct method for the larger gems. Bliss.

BL extends the length of time you have between green and blue (BL generates a lot more gems) and it even gives you an audio cue when it changes so you don't have to keep an eye on the counter. Sweet.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Want to see @Dubs take on Futari BL's God mode!!  :)

I'm not sure if Ultra and God modes' TLB are worth it though. I think even Cave went a bit too far. But if you can 2-ALL Ura Ketsui maybe not. :)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Yeah I did briefly consider Mushi Ultra but the TLB just looks silly. Is God mode dlc? Edit: downloading now...

Dunno what next, a better Maniac score with a bit of Progear on the side maybe, see what happens.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Black Label is great @Dubs.  Just feels more entertaining to play. God mode is BL's Ultra Mode.

I agree Ultra bosses look insane even for Cave - watched a Stunfest Gus run of 1.5 Ultra  though he had the extends set to be a bit more generous because it was live.
  • I did 1CC on the non-God modes of Black Label. They’re very different to non-BL original mode but easy and still very fun.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They come across as score chasing games. There is something about the rearranged waves that makes it so much fun to play. Enemy wave design must be a black art - I can't imagine how much time and effort goes into creating levels like that.
  • This has been mentioned in the general news thread where Gav posted about some new Embracer Group acquisitions, but...

Amongst the acquisitions were Bitwave (who are working on PC releases of classic Toaplan shmups) and Tatsujin (some former Toaplan devs headed by Masahiro Yuge). Embracer also bought the rights to the Toaplan back catalogue in a separate deal. 

Looks like they play on ensuring the old Toaplan devs at Tatsujin get to manage and potentially reboot their old shmups with help from Bitwave handling the PC ports/localisation.

The first games to be released will be Truxton, Twin Cobra, Out Zone, and Zero Wing, with a focus on low input lag and difficulty options. The Steam store pages for Zero Wing and Out Zone are already up. 

• Loved me a bit of Twin Cobra back in the day.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got no playtime in over the weekend on Mushi. So another week goes by with no 1CC...

Need to buckle down this week and go for it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Had a good session last night. Final run felt really good - seeing all the bullets well and then had a series of idiotic mistakes in level 4. I added a single credit and saw the game out. Another 2CC - I no missed level 5 (though the rank might have been affected by the game over) and for the first time felt comfortable on the 2nd stage of the final boss. Watched a Jaimers clear of it and it gave me a clue on how to deal with it.  Following Jaimers' lead isn't a good idea as he is a beast, but it's good for pointers.  :)

I started to get sloppy on the secret 1up section near the end of level 3. Lost a life there a few times and had to start tightening up there. That happens with me once I become too comfortable.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At Last.  1CC Mushi Original.  9m - should have been 19m or even 29m but hey ho. Made a complete balls of the level 5 mid boss and lost 2 lives - thought I had blown it.

Mushi1CCScore.jpg

Last life on the final boss but I knew I had it. Some daft mistakes but a wee bit of luck in the final bit of stage 5. I'd like to do a cleaner run. But I'll throw the replay onto youtube and link it here for posterity.  Did this with the default shot type.

:)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
  • Wooooooo congrats on the 1CC!!!
  • Awesome work, Davie! Congrats.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Think I'll run it for a day or two and try and get a better clear. You get 10m for each life left at the end. Will see if I can post a 19m score or better. But I want to move onto Maniac mode.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!