Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ugh, the ennui ooh.

The series' music has always been several epic-narrative strides ahead of what the non-2D gameplay could offer. As many of you have heard, the curtain came up short for me in Ocarina. ALttP wasn't particularly hard, but it was freeform enough in play to feel like my own winning.

The 3D ones suffer from hands-off lock-on within a realm of You Are Great Hero, Shitbarrow encouragement.

The HD remake's cold in its pursuit of colour-upped sun dazzle. The darker, autumnal colours have warmth; the lack of distinct geometry, a fuzzy charm.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    WIND WAKER HD.

YAS.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I can't find it now, but did Aonuma say something about tackling the dungeons in the new Zelda game in any order? Was this just ideas from the drawing board stage, or a confirmed feature? I'm not sure what to make of this.

I guess it won't necessarily mean the game will be less challenging/dumbed down even further, which was my initial fear, as with the Miiverse in place gamers could warn others of a particularly tricky areas - it may even encourage the designers to be a little more fiendish with the challenge. It would mess with the core of any post 8-bit Zelda though, which I suppose is the point, as they seem to want wholesales changes, but it would have massive repercussions. The Zelda games I've played have all been geared around gradually acquiring new items, which are needed to solve puzzles in the subsequent dungeons (particularly the one straight after you pick the item up). Surely the emphasis on item abilities would have to be drastically reduced in the new one? Either that or some dungeons won't be doable without certain pick-ups, but even that would be pointless as a) it would be shit for the guinea pig who hits that brick wall first, and b) the impasse would cease to be an issue after they first guy encounters a problem, as a warning would be up on the Miiverse and other players would avoid entering without tooling up first.

I can't see a way around it. Multiple solutions to puzzles perhaps? I'm not really au fait with the Dark Souls way (which I'm assuming they'd be borrowing from) - is that even a puzzle game?
  • It is not.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ugh, the ennui ooh.
    The series' music has always been several epic-narrative strides ahead of what the non-2D gameplay could offer. As many of you have heard, the curtain came up short for me in Ocarina. ALttP wasn't particularly hard, but it was freeform enough in play to feel like my own winning. The 3D ones suffer from hands-off lock-on within a realm of You Are Great Hero, Shitbarrow encouragement. The HD remake's cold in its pursuit of colour-upped sun dazzle. The darker, autumnal colours have warmth; the lack of distinct geometry, a fuzzy charm.

That was my impression of Brooks rather than a comment on Zelda.
  • And that was Escape's impression of Brooks.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And here is my impression of brooks -

Stop it
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Honestly, both Brooks and Escape often leave me feeling like I've read something that is beautifully constructed, cunningly and originally written, and of great import without me quite understanding what they're saying.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Masters of saying nothing with great conviction
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ugh, the ennui ooh.
    The series' music has always been several epic-narrative strides ahead of what the non-2D gameplay could offer. As many of you have heard, the curtain came up short for me in Ocarina. ALttP wasn't particularly hard, but it was freeform enough in play to feel like my own winning. The 3D ones suffer from hands-off lock-on within a realm of You Are Great Hero, Shitbarrow encouragement. The HD remake's cold in its pursuit of colour-upped sun dazzle. The darker, autumnal colours have warmth; the lack of distinct geometry, a fuzzy charm.

Translation -

2D Zelda seemed less hand holdy. I liked it more than Ocarina and the others

By the way, I prefer the non-HD look of Windwaker
  • Link to the past had all its hand holding in a tiny booklet that came with the game.

It was easy to be mostly hands off in the game a) because the map was tiny and b) the game funnelled you through the world with item upgrades.

the first one just let you go off on one but frankly was too hard to be fun without a guide.

• regmcfly wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ugh, the ennui ooh.

Translation -

2D Zelda seemed less hand holdy. I liked it more than Ocarina and the others

Please do this all the time.

PS. it'll boost your post count ferociously xoxo
  • regmcfly wrote:

I would also like to explore this controversial opinion. I'd like it to be HD, but I question the need for a graphical overhaul. Not a full one anyway, an OoT-64 to OoT-3D one, yes.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    An option to play the original cell shaded version in HD should be included.  This is bound to be a full price retail release, so it's the least Nintendo could do.
    Get schwifty.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    OoT-64 to OoT-3D one, yes.
    That was actually a pretty significant graphical overhaul.

EDIT: Probably to a similar degree as is expected of WW HD, given the screenshots, I mean.
  • hasn't there already been a wind waker special edition thing with the extra dungeons?

There was one WW edition (the 1st batch I think), that included a master quest version of Ocarina, with different puzzles & enemy configurations. Supposedly it made the game harder, though I never got around to playing it. Maybe that's what your thinking of?

I booted up OOT right after finishing WW, to find that it looked a LOT worse than I'd remembered , so I switched it off, for fear of ruining the treasured images I'd had of it in my head. I was a bit of a graphics whore then.
  • Master Quest was a good one.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Was it that much harder than vanilla OOT?
  • I think only because the dungeons were different and I was so used to the original layout, which is why I enjoyed it so much. Only did it once, but it was as close to playing the game for the first time again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    8-4 play analogised the reaction of the change of non HD wind Waker to HD to the change from Majora Zelda to Windwaker.

Nail, meet head.
  • Nail! Meathead.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nail meat = head
  • so are people wrong about the new look?

also the analogy is slightly false because people had already been given a look at what next gen (gamecube) zelda looked like in the spaceworld demo. windwaker was an about face from the previously welcomed gcn zelda look
  • I think only because the dungeons were different and I was so used to the original layout, which is why I enjoyed it so much. Only did it once, but it was as close to playing the game for the first time again.

Sounds great, I'll see about borrowing a mates 3Ds and give it a run through.
  • Yeah but don't you to beat the game first on the 3DS to get the Master Quest ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yes, you do.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • 3DS Master Quest is different cos the game's also mirrored and damage is doubled, unlike the original Master Quest, iirc.
  • I wish you could've chosen it from the start , couldn't understand why they didn't allow it !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Strange decision alright, don't know if I could borrow one for that long(2 playthroughs). Quick search confirms it's not on the virtual console either, so the Wii's out too. Hmm, I'll probably just pick up a 3Ds, been meaning to for a while anyways.
  • Historia arrived from Amazon today. Nice of the postman to throw it over the side gate so the parcel could stay outside and get soaked in the glorious rain. Fortunately the book is shrink wrapped and it is wonderful. Just waiting on my Okami book now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!