PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You mooched someone real good.
  • Actually I don't think I ever gave LttP a proper play through. Dabbled briefly on emulator, seemed the same as Link's awakening so never bothered. Maybe once I've finished ffIX it can be my retro go-to whilst hollyoaks is on.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • just checked ebay, it was actually £300
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • just checked ebay, it was actually £300

LULWUT
  • Guys, A Link To The Past. For fuck sake. PLAY A LINK TO THE PAST!!!!
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Link's Awakening. You'd love it. Specifically.
  • Links awakening is better than a link to the past.
  • Where next?
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Spock wrote:
    Where next?

I Kid I Kid
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Links awakening is better than a link to the past.
    BULLSHIT
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I've always preferred it. Has a surreal charm to it. Not 'epic' in any sense, which is so much for the better.
  • Skerret wrote:
    BULLSHIT

+1 this sentiment.
    Though I also agree that LA has a unique, surreal premise not found elsewhere.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    BULLSHIT
    +1 this sentiment. Though I also agree that LA has a unique, surreal premise not found elsewhere.
    BULLSHIT
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Having said that, Imo ALTTP is superior in every single way, LA is pretty much a gimped version of it, with a far smaller overworld, massively simplified dungeons, and at times awful tinny sounds.
  • All your Zelda are the greatest.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • BULLSHIT - Skerret pre-empt.
  • Some of the actual tunes in LA were great. Ballad of the Wind Fish, and the village (what was it called?!). Like Templeton says, had a real surreal (lolwut?) feel to it.

But yeah. LttP is my favourite.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    BULLSHIT - Skerret pre-empt.
    Good call.
  • But awakening had will wright in it!

the thing which makes awakening better is that it has a better atmosphere and packs more of an emotional punch for plot reasons.

The closest alttp gets is the flute boy but you're quite happy to rob his flute afterwards.

Seems a bit harsh to dismiss awakening based on technical limitations. Also if you look at the maps of the two games you'll see that awakining is packed with stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    SHULLBIT
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Is Zelda lucky, or does she work hard?

the thing which makes awakening better is that it has a better atmosphere and packs more of an emotional punch for plot reasons.

Haven't played, but happy to believe.
  • But awakening had will wright in it! the thing which makes awakening better is that it has a better atmosphere and packs more of an emotional punch for plot reasons. The closest alttp gets is the flute boy but you're quite happy to rob his flute afterwards. Seems a bit harsh to dismiss awakening based on technical limitations. Also if you look at the maps of the two games you'll see that awakining is packed with stuff.

I'm not dismissing it on technical grounds at all, I think it's amazing, especially considering the hardware limitations, and like Elf said some of the tunes are hauntingly beautiful too.
    Spoiler:

That's not to belittle LA, I think it's a great game, but for me it's not in the same league as ALTTP, then again for me not many games are.
  • Light/Dark duality malarkey is what makes LttP a work of pure genius. The dungeons are great. Ocarina is the only one that comes close in this respect.

I've always always played Zelda games for their use of the environment. Spatial puzzles, the way items are used etc. So whilst atmosphere and story etc work to LA's favour, I personally don't think they do enough to elevate the game above the others (LttP and OoT). 

Having said the above, you'd think Majora's Mask would be the best, right? That had oodles of atmosphere and stuff, and the dungeons were genius too. But it lacked a certain je ne sais quoi, and I found it to have some real obscure 'puzzles' that ruined my experience.
  • LA is a triumph on the Gameboy, you've probably saved PowerPoint documents that took more memory space than that lean work of genius.

Some of the dungeons stand out as favourites in the whole series for me.
  • Eagle boss dungeon was good. I remember that one! I like the fact that they were relevantly shaped if you look at the dungeon map.
  • Majors has excellent dungeons (that giant multicolour thing in the first) but id agree the puzzles were too obscure for me.
  • I'm gonna go for it...

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. A Link to the Past
    3. Skyward Sword
    4. Links Awakening
    5. Twilight Princess
    6. Legend of Zelda
    7. Adventure of Link (not completed, got to the last dungeon)
    8. Wind Waker
    9. Spirit Tracks
    10. Phantom Hourglass
    11. Four Swords (that free DSi one)
    12. Minish Cap

Not played Ages/Seasons, MM or GC Four Swords
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • MM was good, but Four Swords Adventures was bloody great. At least what I played of it before mates stopped playing with me.
  • How the hell isn't Zelda 2 last? That game is donkey shit with possibly the most frustrating battle system in the world. I can't even get past some normal baddies!

Zelda 1 has aged beyond belief (but also arguably worth playing in the age of easily accessed FAQs)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!