All things Crysis
  • Haha glad you liked it Reg :)

Elf, you make a good point.

EDIT: Damn page turn.
  • Shinji wrote:
    No mention of game length in the Edge review...

I think the last or penultimate paragraph says 5 hours.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 5 hours is taking the piss but I guess MP is where it's at for most these days. Quite sad really because I'm still very much a single player kinda guy.
  • Really? Must've skimmed it, 5 hours is too short for a game I have no interest in MP in
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    5 hours is taking the piss but I guess MP is where it's at for most these days. Quite sad really because I'm still very much a single player kinda guy.

Yup, same. Will grab it when I have income coming back in but they've got themselves a sub £20 customer.
  • IGN video review gave it a 8.5 and sounded really positive
  • I only trust Eurogamer reviews these days. The rest can go do one...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    IGN always sound positive and when they don't it's because they're wrong.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Also any other multiplayer games that use a BOW?

Prey.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also TF 2. Where it's nicknamed the Cuntsman on account of the headshot hitbox being mahoosive.
  • 5hrs confirmed then. No day one purchase for me, because, let's face it the multiplayer will be fun for a few goes then die and a 5hr campaign just isn't good enough.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    I only trust Eurogamer reviews these days. The rest can go do one...
    ...and me.

Chalice has played this and said it's shit, even 6 was pushing it apparently.
  • Lovefilm beckons.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Curse of Mod strikes again.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just saw the ad for this at half time during the fußbol. It is incredibly camp.
  • Yep I saw that, it was bad.
  • Plan M wrote:
    MP is Zzzzz
    Really? I've loved the Beta. Rebooted the nano suit 4 times and just kept ploughing back through it. Far more enjoyable than any "real military shooter yo".
  • My point was more to do with developers being obsessed with MP these days and don't seem to care about us lonely single player fools.
  • Ah, gotcha. I suppose it depends if you play it the way the devs intended or just run through cloaking and randomly killing. You can complete Crysis 2 in just as little time, but you won't enjoy it half as much if you do. Took me more like 12-15 hours because i was determined to enjoy it and savour it. Reviewers are often working to deadlines so just hammer through games to say they completed them, but I do worry that they miss half of what's on offer and don't give a proper score as a result.
  • You make a fine point. I took my time with the first half of Crysis 2 but got annoyed with it by the later levels. I still managed to complete it though which can't be said for a lot of titles I play these days (Hello Resi 6 and Halo 4 I'm looking at you!)

I am looking forward to checking this out though but it will definitely be a Lovefilm rental rather than Day 1 buy.
  • Hmmm. I found the first half to be dog poo and enjoyed the later levels. Horse meat for courses and all that lark I guess. 

No one wants my copy of 2, then?
  • Ali wrote:
    Ah, gotcha. I suppose it depends if you play it the way the devs intended or just run through cloaking and randomly killing. You can complete Crysis 2 in just as little time, but you won't enjoy it half as much if you do. Took me more like 12-15 hours because i was determined to enjoy it and savour it. Reviewers are often working to deadlines so just hammer through games to say they completed them, but I do worry that they miss half of what's on offer and don't give a proper score as a result.

yeah i'll go with this, loved 2 because you could be almost artful if you wanted to fight that way, switching suit modes and tactics like some mighty dance of death, constant surprising your foe

i really very much enjoyed that game

ive looked at a few review videos and seen what they've had to say and to be honest i think it's pretty awesome looking if given the chance to again be that ultra flexible killing machine, news of it being easy just using the bow actually appeals to me immensely, the game looks beautiful, so why not be a tourist and get a stealthy little kick shooting people with it while you enjoy the environments

i hope to play this soon
  • played it a bit! pretty standard shooter fayre on one hand, the story really does try too hard and there's surprisingly little compulsion to continue most the time, cept the fact its a graphics nerds (hello) wet dream, its beautiful. whichever review said it was like walking through a bunch of concept art was pretty much bang on, but its technically superlative in this regard too, with a few effects that are probably going to be completely ignored but are completely new to the field (afaik) including incredibly pretty realtime reflective caustics given off by pools of water and lots of shading magic, it seems they finally got facial animation and skin coming-near perfect (with the current rendering model used by games)

worth it for the pretty things, on pc at least, a nice insight into 'next gen' as the pc version of this game forms a compelling bridge between the old and the new
  • Just completed the SP. Big fan of 2 but this is just awful. A mere five hours long, broken enemy AI (they will see you from a mile away even if you're crouched behind a metal box. At night), garbage story, boring objectives (rule of three slavishly adhered to) and barely manages 30 fps, meaning a largely unresponsive and syrupy gameplay experience. Graphics overrated; an empty shell of a game. Utter shit and a complete waste of time.
    XBL DirtyAmpyNoakes; PSN Dampy64
  • That's fairly damning.

So you're saying it actually plays worse than Crysis 2?
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Shinji wrote:
    That's fairly damning. So you're saying it actually plays worse than Crysis 2?

Afraid so. I loved that game. This just feels inferior in every way, like Crytek just cobbled together a couple of levels in order to make a quick buck. It feels really sluggish and the enemy AI is just appalling. Honestly, these guys can see through walls.

It's been a while since I played 2, but I remember being left alone to get on with it, whereas here you're either being barked at (YOU MUST SHUT DOWN THE THREE CORES!) or otherwise following a swearing COD-reject cockney down a load of corridors. The only saving grace is the bow, which is fun for a bit. They could've just added that to Crysis 2 by way of a DLC and saved me forty quid.
  • I'm guessing they concentrated more on the MP? Dunno. Strange that the series has been getting pregressively worse.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I'm guessing they concentrated more on the MP? Dunno. Strange that the series has been getting pregressively worse.

Maybe the MP is amazing, I dunno. It's not as if anybody will be playing it in a month's time.

Here's my next-gen wish - they should let you buy just the SP, or just the MP, for half price.
  • Here's my next-gen wish - they should let you buy just the SP, or just the MP, for half price.

That would be something, eh?! If only.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Crytek are apparently intending to go 'fully free to play'.

So you'll be able to get the MP bit for free and buy new hats or whatever. Doubtful they'll even make an SP.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!