All things Crysis
  • Sad end to a series spawned by Far Cry.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Im going through Warhead again now. Fantastic.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You've just reminded me i never completed Warhead. I must go back to it sometime.

So, Crysis 3 seems a little disjointed so far (just finished Chinatown). I can see why some reviewers compared it to a series of concept paintings turned into scenarios just for the sake of it. It's by far and away the best looking thing i've ever seen, just seems a little hollow.

Oh well. I only bought it cause i'm a graphics whore. So i'm happy so far.
  • Yeah i'll echo curtis' sentiments, you playing it on pc Curtis?

Not sure how that guy said the graphics were overrated unless they were on a console version, it looks fecking amazing with everything turned up on PC
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah of course PC.  ;)

I can only manage to run it on High. Very High fucks the framerate summat rotten. To be honest i can't tell the difference anyway, i'll leave the in-depth analysis to the technophreaks. lol!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Top Tip: Turn everything to max, then knock shadows down one or two notches, you'll barely notice the difference and it improves things straight away. If that doesn't help enough try dropping the AA a notch.
  • I went a different route and turned the AA right down to fxaa and put everything else on high. It sure is a looker this game. I haven't really got a clue what is going on, but your Cockney companion is great. Also, his stubble should win some graphical award.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You ain't even seen the dancing.

• Her sure was thinner back then, and a little more upbeat. Might have to buy Crysis 1 after seeing that.
  • I know it's been a while, but I've been steadily paying through this and only just got the end in sight. Have to say, overall I'm pretty disappointed. They were aiming at a cross between the first two games. Linear, story driven nature of the second game with more open area combat on the way there. Except the open areas only work early on, and there's nowhere near enough of them. By the time you're mainly facing the Ceph, the combat turns into Battlefield Lite with giant open areas and no real ability to use your suit. Just grab the biggest weapon or vehicle you can find and make a lot of noise. There's also far too much repetition of scenery, buildings and missions. It all feels half hearted. Where Crysis 2 felt like you were making your way through New York, following instructions, this just feels like you keep turning up at the next fight with no "previously on Crysis 3" introduction to explain how you got there.  New York also doesn't remotely feel like New York. It did in Crysis 2, but it feels like ruined generic future town here. Not to mention that the return of Prophet is so utterly badly explained and you feel zero empathy for him as a result. Being Alcatrazz was just a better story. A nearly dead bloke kept alive by the suit and constantly mistaken for Prophet is just more interesting than being a psychopath who's always right.

Shame. Still, the MP is fun, though the final games framerate is still as shonky as the beta and spoils it quite a bit.
  • I think I am about halfway through and for what I have seen so far I agree with you Ali. 

It's technically impressive though I am stuck with a audio cutting out glitch that appears to be quite common. I also had a freezing issue but that seems to have been sorted out with a install of the game on 360. 
    The whole game feels like its just 'there' it doesn't really have any point to its existence. 
    You are visiting the same city again but with some overgrown vegetation which doesn't make much sense unless you are coming back 40 years later. 
    Is it 40 years later? Which leads into the story. What's going on? I don't care, it's not grabbing me, just stop trying to build characters like Psycho and let me shoot things. 
    And Ali is spot on re the combat. You enter large area, scan it for bad guys, snipe one, a couple of them come over to investigate the man they psychically knew had been killed, silently, and when you hurriedly deal with them everyone else knows where you are. So it descends into a blast your way out situation. 
    Then repeat in the next battle box. 

I have been saying this a lot as this gen lumbers towards its end, the game is competent but uninspiring.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • three1ne wrote:
    Im going through Warhead again now. Fantastic.

Without doubt best crysis game so far.
  • I am currently on the last mission and I have to say it has been spectacularly underwhelming. I think the last few posts have covered the main points of what is wrong with the game. The disappointment of the year so far.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just read through this thread. Underwhelming seems to be the word
  • So carried on with the final level, what the hell is up with the final boss?!!! One hit kills, jog on.
  • Ha I literally just finished it right now. 
    And I was coming on here to complain about that frigging final boss and for fucks sake that last shoot the thing, thing, both drove me mad, I very nearly gave up for the first time ever as I had no interest in completing it really.

It's a shame because it's not bad by any shot, it's just not very compelling at all.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Ha I literally just finished it right now. 
    And I was coming on here to complain about that frigging final boss and for fucks sake that last shoot the thing, thing, both drove me mad, I very nearly gave up for the first time ever as I had no interest in completing it really.

It's a shame because it's not bad by any shot, it's just not very compelling at all.

I did give up to be honest, just got to the point where I couldn't be arsed. I'm gonna give it to my brother as he wants to play, I will give it another go when I get it back.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just put two hours into this and may give up already. Its gorgeous looking for a 360 game but its dull as all fuck. After that opening, enjoyable boat bit (stealthy stealth) I'm now dumped into vegetation and meh.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Crysis 1 & Warhead were proof for so many years that top tier graphics and generally non-linear FPS levels could actually share a bed. Two important games of the 00's. Shame the series has gone down shitroad.
  • Bought this for £8 last night as I wanted to test my new superhotsex PC. Looks immense. Game is fairly shit.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I was playing the first earlier. I snuck up on a North Korean soldier cleaning a boathouse and took him out by chucking a propeller motor at him which also demolished one side of the boathouse. Was still giggling when his mates turned up.
  • Completed. Shite. The production is top class but the story and gameplay has gone out of the window. There is nothing remotely close to those special moments, like what Bollockoff mentioned, in the first game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yup. Difficult to blame EA for the design shift without any inside information but I'm gonna do it anyway. Crysis 1 is one of the best single player shooters in the last ten years easy.
  • Can we rename this thread to Crysis?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-reveal-analysis

Digital Foundry done a piece on the Crysis remaster.
  • OG game still looks great on PC.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Can we rename this thread to Crysis? https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-reveal-analysis Digital Foundry done a piece on the Crysis remaster.

Yes! We just need mod74 to come back!
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Classic Muzzy Dino
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The power of (facewon/gman/ds) one of the b&b titans should be enough to change the name.
  • Done
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yay, a remaster! This is definitely my favourite game about killing Koreans.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!