Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • Ok, so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with the game tonight. I picked up a book from one of the deadra quests, and as I was searching for other deadra quests online I saw a link to an infinite xp glitch using the book I had found.
    I was curious to see if it worked, and it did. Now doing so took me to level 81 and upgraded everything to 100. I'm now curious as to how all powerful I will be...
    (I have made a different save for this, so I can carry on as normal when I get bored!)
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Haven't been tempted to look online for glitches 'n' stuff yet, the guide book's all I've used. Would be interesting to see what kind of a difference all those beefed up stats make though. So how's it going so far Aaron?
  • I didn't actually do much more, however it seemed to make zero difference. Ok I could run for a lot longer and I can carry more stuff, but the enemies scale up with you. So it really made very little difference.
    I will probably stick with this for now, I will let you know if I notice any major changes.
  • You can forge and enchant some pretty awesome weapons though. Took me bloody ages to get my smithing to 100.
  • Ok I will probably give those a go, havn't done any forging/smithing stuff yet.
  • It might be interesting to switch things up a bit. I remember talking about being bored with the one-handed combat, now I might be able to try other approaches without being immensly under-powered. It might add some more variety.
  • Remember to use a Blacksmith's Philter (or one of the other potions), a ring of fortify smithing would also be good to have. I've got an entire outfit enchanted with fortify smithing, my weapons are stupidly overpowered.
  • Did two complete missions from the main quest tonight. About 50% of my progress so far then...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Have been meaning to get back into this now the Kinect patch has dropped. Adds a good deal apparently, anyone here got shouty with it yet?

No idea how far I got with it before I was distracted away mind. It's what baby Jesus invented bank holidays for obviously.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • God mode update:
    So as I put it on today, I thought I would take Stormy's advice and craft myself some awesome equipment. However, as I chose to spend my skill points on my awesome right hand, I hadn't unlocked the skills needed to craft anything other than some crappy iron stuff. So all my levelling up of the skills really made little difference.
    It also made me realise that actually, as I had focused on the heavy armour and one-handed skill trees, I didn't need the armour. Whereas if you focus on smithing, you need the armour and weapons to make up for the lack of skill in combat. It really makes no difference.
    The game has felt exactly the same so far. I'm working through the civil war quest and its exactly like before I became a 'God'.
    Overall, I have decided that the levelling system in this game sucks. Plus I've never liked the fact you get no xp for completeing quests. That just sucks.
  • Time to reload then?
  • Haha yep most likely!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had a crack on the Kinect bits today earlier. It does make it a good deal more usable imho once you've setup your commands. 
    Inevitably I'm sure you sound like a total dick but any way to avoid the buggeration factor of the menu system is worth it. Well realised and finally meant I was actually using some of the shouts. Ended up Whirlwind Sprinting all over the shop.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • When I eventually get a Kinect (for Crimson Dragon :)), I'll have to try some of that stuff out. Shouldn't feel too stupid, after all, shouting at the TV while playing Trials is second nature.
  • I've managed to finish the civil war questline tonight and my word didn't it suck! Just pointless missions of go here and kill this many people. Then the final mission was such an anti-climax! It was so promising at first as well. Oh well.

I guess its on to the daedric quests now.
  • Which are considerably better.  Despite traversing every inch of the realm, you still don't get a real sense that this is a nation at civil war.  It's only your involvement as protagonist in the CW quest line that drives things on.  And as you say, it's hardly worth the bother :(

There are of course some mental mods out there that fix this.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ha I'm sure there are. Damn playing on the xbox! You could, in theory, be completely oblivious to the civil war. The only initial mention was one of the miscellaneous quests. At least there were some achievements for it.

I'm looking forward to the daedra quests, should hopefully add some variety.
  • Yeah the Civil War stuff was poorly implemented.  TBH they would have been better cutting it out and maybe doing it properly as DLC in the future.  It really was so bad it was detrimental to the overall game.
  • I put around 50 hours into the 360 version but I'm now running it on my new PC. Dozens of mods installed and constantly amazed with the higher resolution. I'm around 20 hours in but haven't really touched the main quest - so no dragons at the moment. Taking lots of screenshots as I wander around. Very much enjoying it.
  • @Matt_82: I completely agree. It really felt rushed and pointless, especially when it began with a proper tomb exploration quest and then descended into death by percentage.

It would have made excellent download content if it was done properly.
  • Dozens of mods installed and constantly amazed with the higher resolution.  Very much enjoying it.

Oooh, which ones you got? Soon as the DLC hits I'll be back on this pronto.   Please tell me you've got SkyUI installed. Makes such a huge difference.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So the PC version of this - any difference between disk and steam version?  I've been pretty steam-centric recently, haven't bought a disk in yonks - do they end up integrated with it / easy to mod via steam etc.??
  • @blocks100 Most of them are cosmetic changes - lush grass, better females, more trees etc. I also have some new craftable armour mods, including backpacks. Also have a Hobbit Hole home, a floating ship and extra cabins scattered around the world. I went through the Steam Workshop and snapped up a bunch.
  • Yep, the Dwemer floating airship is ace isn't it?

@acemuzzy - as 'moose suggests installing mods via Steam through its Workshop is really neat, especially the way it autochecks mods everytime you launch to see if you got the latest version.

Even mods that don't feature in the Workshop like some Skyrim Nexus ones are dead easy to install, just a case of copyin' 'n' pasting the Data folder
  • I might post a few pics, if that's OK with you lot. I seem to spend most of my time taking snaps rather than playing. Nice mod installed which makes the water more realistic, too.
  • Would love to see some pics :). I've been watching the mod vids on YouTube, wishing I had a PC capable of running this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh there's a steam sale.  Bought.  (And successfully this time; bought last week from Game who helpfully cancelled my order.  Don't know why I bother trying to help them out TBH!)

So, texture pack also downloading.  And got the Nexus Install Manager thingy.  Not really clued up about these mods and stuff - is it generally a case of browsing for ones that sound fun / groovy?  I'm wary of damaging the core game though given I've not played it before... so best sticking to water effect / lush grass etc. is it?  And skyUI!
  • I just browsed through the ones I thought sounded fun. There seems to be some conflicts which causes the game to crash. That said, you can enable/disable mods from the intro panel so it's fine.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Where's the best place to browse - the nexus install thingy, or steam workshop, would you say?  Still downloading so can't easily see either yet!
  • I have only used the Steam Workshop. Some pics incoming :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!