Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • Looks like a pic from Elden Ring to be honest
    Get out
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Raiziel's enthusiasm is eating away at me
  • I really need to start this again on Switch. I’ve tried twice before, got the first shouting power thing and then given up but I want to give it a proper go. Also, horse up a mountain looks good.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message

Sounds painful.
    Get schwifty.
  • Like an arrow to the knee.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message

Can I tempt you further with…

Get schwifty.
  • I might get the Anniversary Edition and see what the fuss is about. Maybe an arrow to the knee will solve my knee problems.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There’s 20 new fish to catch????
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Ive got the SE edition. I'm not sure I will get much out of the upgrade with a series S. I am assuming the next gen upgrades will mainly be useful to X/PS5 owners really.
    Creation Club stuff I guess but will have to see what that exactly is.
  • The only CC stuff of any merit really was the so called Survival Mode that added the need to stay warm, drink & eat. The implementation of said survival mechanics was less than perfect though and you still had to use user-created mods to tweak it. But I liked it over the more hardcore Frostfall mod.

There was other stuff like a few weapon and clothing and home mods (oh, and fishing) but these were leagues behind the mods that could be downloaded for free. It never delivered substantial quest mods or new lands to explore - just fluff like new skins for your dog companion.

Creation Club was Bethesda's failed attempt to monetarize mods. I would be very surprised if they attempted to resurrect it with Starfield.

@Raiziel. If you're on Xbox, let me know if you'd like links to some quality (lore and vanilla friendly) user created mods on Bethesda.net, and I'll post 'em here. From mods that give each Hold Guard unique armour sets to those that allow you to train yer horse, there's some frankly amazing stuff that the community has created over all these years.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Cheers Blocks.

Yeah I can live without all that stuff. Survival modes don't do it for me even when done well. Skins and crap are fine but not really worth it alone.
  • Frostfall and Basic Needs for me.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @Raiziel. If you're on Xbox, let me know if you'd like links to some quality (lore and vanilla friendly) user created mods on Bethesda.net, and I'll post 'em here. From mods that give each Hold Guard unique armour sets to those that allow you to train yer horse, there's some frankly amazing stuff that the community has created over all these years.

That’s a nice offer, Blocks, thanks.  I’m on Xbox Series X, yes, but I’m always fearful I’m going to break the game somehow with mods.  I’m not one for relentlessly tinkering with a game, I just want to play it.  But adding a few new bells and whistles does sound appealing, so if you have a rock solid load order I just might be interested.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I now have some sweet elven horse armour. Nicely played, Bethesda.
    Get schwifty.
  • Why just stop at Elven?

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/3352953

Will try and post my full mod list later today.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Still waiting on a 25GB update patch upon attempting to launch Skyrim on me old Xbox :) but here is what I recommend mod wise off the top of my hat...

Enchant it All!
    Ever wondered why you can't enchant some helms but  can enchant everything else? Well wonder no longer, as this makes it possible to enchant all equipment - because let's face it there were some serious oversights by Bethesda in this regard - not game breaking if you use it sensibly.

Guard Armour Overhaul

Every guard may sound the same, but there's no reason to for them to look the same!  This provides each Hold Guard with unique armours which are absolutely stunning.  Say goodbye to the Clone Guards with this mod!

New Legion Armours

Makes the Legion men (and girls) look like proper Roman Centurions, much more fitting attire for the Emperor's finest!

Stormcloak Armours

Like the above, but for the rebel Nords - giving them a unique look. Pretty essential if you going to be interfering in that civil war again...

Vanilla Armour Replacer

Gives all the vanilla armour a distinctive mediaeval twist!

Unplayable Faction Armours

You'll never look at a Redguard or Silver Hand gang member the same again!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Thanks, Blocks.  I’m a little surprised that most of those are just armour mods.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Thanks, Blocks.  I’m a little surprised that most of those are just armour mods.
    I’m not .
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Honourable mention too to my favourite weather mod. You'll never go back to Vanilla after this! Essential imho:

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Honourable mention too to my favourite weather mod. You'll never go back to Vanilla after this! Essential imho:

Nice.  But where do I put it?
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Honourable mention too to my favourite weather mod. You'll never go back to Vanilla after this! Essential imho:

That's extremely impressive!
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Nice.  But where do I put it?

As long as you're not running any other weather mods, just put it at the top of your load order no probs.
  • So if you own Skyrim special edition the anniversary edition is a free upgrade from PS4 to ps5.

Nice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thinking now if I do... I'm sure I've bought it on PS4, and PC and maybe Xbox (or is that GP) one day I'll play it past getting my house and just building stuff.
  • digi wrote:
    So if you own Skyrim special edition the anniversary edition is a free upgrade from PS4 to ps5.

Nice.

Did they change this? It was that special edition owners got a free upgrade that gave next gen bells and whistles and some extra gubbins, but that the actual anniversary edition creation club stuff was a £10 price on top of that. Basically, two upgrade paths - special PS4 to special PS5 for free, or special to anniversary for £10.

This been reversed?
  • digi wrote:
    So if you own Skyrim special edition the anniversary edition is a free upgrade from PS4 to ps5.

Nice.

Did they change this? It was that special edition owners got a free upgrade that gave next gen bells and whistles and some extra gubbins, but that the actual anniversary edition creation club stuff was a £10 price on top of that. Basically, two upgrade paths - special PS4 to special PS5 for free, or special to anniversary for £10.

This been reversed?

We'll all the extra stuff like fishing and survival mode are there and the only thing I can seemingly get extra is some creation club stuff.
    (There's free horse armour and other stuff in there too).
    Fishing and survival mode appears in creation club but is already installed apparently.

Not sure if that's any help.
  • Been playing this again recently, but have neglected offensive and defensive abilities too much in favour of utility, and now combat is actually hard, as I'm mid 40's.

Might need to get make a full set of reduce alteration cost by 25% gear, and abuse Telekinesis and fast travel to repeatedly legendary Alteration to gain perk points for other things.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Spamming Muffle (Illusion) is also a good way to gain a few levels.
    Get schwifty.
  • That's already maxed out. One of the few I used, along with Conjuration, and Pickpocket which is really easy to max out.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I tend to Legendary Illusion if I want a few more levels as it’s so easy to raise it again with Muffle.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!