Neptune's Pride 2: Triton
  • Hmm, I've made an error with my development plans.

Anyone want to send me some money?
  • What does quick upgrade do?
  • I'm not sure, it doesn't show anything when I click on it.
  • Hmmmm, sounds intriguing. Should have gotten in on it. Ah well. Next game.
  • So that's why the grammar is a bit wrong in the game... :p
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • New players.

- To take over a star, you just move a fleet there. Combat will ensue if it is protected by another species; if not, you will automatically take control. Just because a species owns a star, that does not necessarily mean it has any protection.

- It's important to have a number of smaller fleets during the early stages so you can landgrab as many stars as possible. It's not possible to "split" fleets per se, but you can spend $25 to create a new fleet at any star with ships currently there. 

For example: I have 45 ships at my homeworld. I want to leave some there to protect it, but I also want to explore the galaxy.

- Click on the star
    - Click on "New Fleet for $25"
    - Choose how many ships to put into the fleet.

I choose to leave 20 ships at home and therefore have a single fleet of 25 ready to move on. However, I want to explore the galaxy faster. I can repeat the above process and divide that fleet up again, after paying another $25.

This leaves me with 20 ships on my homeworld, and two different fleets of ships ready to explore the galaxy.

That's right, isn't it? Hopefully that'll give you an idea of how it works.

- Diplomacy is completely player based. There are no systems to ensure an ally follows through on a promise. Choose your friends wisely.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Make sure you leave the most productive star undefended.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Ah, i've just been sending ALL my ships to another star. Was a tad confused!
  • It won't be a big problem at this point, Vastik. You'll be able to divide the ships up once you reach that star and I doubt anyone will be able to exploit any weaknesses over the first click (day cycle).

Only 15 minutes until a new click in Game 1. Excite.
  • I'm still sending all my ships. Can't figure out how to divide fleets.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • The money is gone so quickly, it's like I'm some space junkie Joansing for a hit and now another 24 hours of turkey.
  • Shit just got real.

I mean. SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAL.
  • I've updated the OP with some of the basic mechanics of the game. If there's anything else worth adding, let me know
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Shit just got real. I mean. SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAL.

PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • It puts it all in perspective though. Someone does something they've probably planned for a long time, you react... then wait for 24 hours while it all grinds away.

As you said earlier, tension by millimeter.
  • Does it make any difference to how productive a star is if you have any fleet/ships there or does it make no difference as long as you own it?
  • I don't think ships do anything except defence, productivity is linked to, economy, industry, science and your research levels.
  • Ship production is 0.25 ships per industry, per tick, and happens at the planets you've built industry on. Cash is via economy, research is via science.
  • The lack of money is this really is frustrating, eh?

I was experimenting by clicking on buttons and grounded two different fleets. Gonna cost me loads to get them mobile again. Le sigh.
  • I spunked all my money because I didn't know you could buy things from the galaxy screen. I feel it adds to the real world role playing aspect. My intergalactic leader is just a bit of a doofus.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I spunked all my money on ships because that's all I thought I could do.

Sooooo, getting all your planets productive, generating ships, cash and research points is thing is it?

I'm guessing that's why it says it'll take days to research something right now?
  • It always takes an age with low science.

Feel I have to stress this in case people have misunderstood: creating a fleet is not buying ships, it's putting existing ships into a fleet for the cost of $25. Ships are built automatically, per hour, on worlds with industry.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    It always takes an age with low science. Feel I have to stress this in case people have misunderstood: creating a fleet is not buying ships, it's putting existing ships into a fleet for the cost of $25. Ships are built automatically, per hour, on worlds with industry.
    Ok, so a planet makes ships but they sit idle until you spend money sticking them in a fleet? Gotcha.
  • Exactly. But they will defend the star from any attackers in the exact same way as a fleet would (I believe).

Regarding scanners: Click on a star and the inner circle seems to be your scanning range. You can't see what's on any stars outside of that range, I think.

I just noticed Kow hasn't got any Lv2 tech. Hah. Stupid Kow-aliens. Still got a whole lot o'stars though, and I'm guessing a big army to boot.
  • To be an aggressor you really need advanced weapon tech.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Who said I'm an aggressor?
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I find splitting fleets a tad confusing.
  • Kow wrote:
    Who said I'm an aggressor?
    Sorry, not referring to you; I've been fiddling with the combat calculator and with the defender getting + 1 anyway, if you haven't got the same or better Weapon Tech. than the guy you're attacking, you need a much bigger fleet to hurt them.

I'm learning this the hard way, unfortunately.
  • How is it decided who the defender is if neither party are on a star?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!