Retro Gaming
  • @Diluted Dante

Do you have the cardboard outer sleeve too?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • That's it sadly, no manual either. But it was free, so I wasn't complaining.
  • Have you played it?

I've still got my copy, I've not played it in many years, but it was utterly stunning at the time. I'm thinking of going back and playing it again.
  • My pads are bust, so not yet. I'm told it's really good still.
  • I've been watching videos on YouTube over the last few days (I was singing it's praises to Kaz on twitter recently), and it seems to have held up well graphically.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    BECAUSE THE GAMECUBE IS AWESOME!

10b1c652.jpg

6652f312.jpg

32fad9f1.jpg

There are some things I need, F Zero GX being the most glaring omission.
    Get schwifty.
  • good collection. What did you play most? AC?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Probably Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia.  And lots of RE4.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

What's Billy Hatcher like? Heard good things.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's fairly solid, but nothing amazing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Probably Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia.  And lots of RE4.

Played Skies of Arcadia as well. Used to have most of your collection as well. Sold a lot of it when we moved house.  Gamecube was a solid console like.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Pics of collection, eh? I'll try to post some of mine over the weekend, but it could take time. I used to have over 500 games, drastcially reduced over the last two or three years to make valuable (family) space.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some PS1 goodness...though there's some late iffy Midas releases (and an odd chess game buying phase too) .....

ps1Games1.JPG
    ps1Games2.JPG
    ps1Games3.JPG
    ps1Games4.JPG
    ps1Games5.JPG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Recently got original Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 in sweet condition so I've now got a nice PS1 Wipeout "boxset".

Would like to get an original Metal gear Solid and its hard to find Kurushi in the wild at all never mind complete....may cave in one and buy a CIB copy from eBay. Only other game I'd like is Kula World.

I've started importing some PS1 shmups (using the excellent Breaker Pro disc that lets me play unoptimised PAL games at 60Hz too). Gradius Gaiden and Xevious 3D/G+ have been excellent picks so far...

• What's CIB?

I have MGS original, but YOU AINT HAVIN IT!

Haven't read the whole thread, just the last page or so... are you a proper collector? What are your criteria for collecting?

I've just kept my games over the years rather than actually actively hunting down games and collecting them. I've hunted down things like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun, but to play them rather than collect.

If I were to collect anything, it would be SNES games. Apart from that, maybe complete series that I'm into, like all things Final Fantasy or Castlevania etc.

I actually have a pristine copy of PAL Megaman X2 for SNES.... just kidding!
  • By the way, if you ever want a pristine copy of Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru, Battle Garegga, or Silhouette Mirage on Jap Saturn, I'm your man. I see you already have Radiant Silvergun.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    What's CIB?

I have MGS original, but YOU AINT HAVIN IT!

Haven't read the whole thread, just the last page or so... are you a proper collector? What are your criteria for collecting?

I've just kept my games over the years rather than actually actively hunting down games and collecting them. I've hunted down things like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun, but to play them rather than collect.

If I were to collect anything, it would be SNES games. Apart from that, maybe complete series that I'm into, like all things Final Fantasy or Castlevania etc.

I actually have a pristine copy of PAL Megaman X2 for SNES.... just kidding!

CIB complete in box.

Not really a proper collector - more of a hoarder - though I go through phases of not touching anything and then have a play binge. I like to have complete games but only of stuff I like. I wouldn't be into getting a complete PAL set for example. I will prune from time to time but nothing major. Have around 640 games all complete and in pretty good condition that has been acquired over 20 years.

Battle Garegga has my interest.......yet again it got best ever over the www.shmups.com

• hylian_elf wrote:
    By the way, if you ever want a pristine copy of Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru, Battle Garegga, or Silhouette Mirage on Jap Saturn, I'm your man. I see you already have Radiant Silvergun.

What was Silhouette Mirage actually like?  It's probably one of the games I missed that I'd most like to play.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    and more with the Gamecube....

gamecube6.JPG
    gamecube8.JPG
    gamecube9.JPG
    gamecube10.JPG
    gamecube11.JPG
    gamecube12.JPG
    gamecube13.JPG
    gamecube14.JPG
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think davy's winning the thread.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK wrote:
    Not really a proper collector - more of a hoarder - though I go through phases of not touching anything and then have a play binge. I like to have complete games but only of stuff I like. I wouldn't be into getting a complete PAL set for example. I will prune from time to time but nothing major. Have around 640 games all complete and in pretty good condition that has been acquired over 20 years.

Battle Garegga has my interest.......yet again it got best ever over the www.shmups.com

Yeah, noticed that about Battle Garegga. I don't actually like it as much as the Cave games.

I'm a hoarder too, but your horde trounces mine. Well, it does now anyway. I've trimmed and pruned, as you say, in last few years. Regret getting rid of a lot of them, like the Capcom fighters on DC and the shmups on PS2 etc.

My collecting juices are flowing now... must not go on eBay... must resist trying to hunt down Megaman games at a decent price... (or Earthbound big box version... fuck those prices.)

(I too only like to have CIBs.)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What was Silhouette Mirage actually like?  It's probably one of the games I missed that I'd most like to play.

Nice and quirky, fun to play, but can be frustrating too. It's a Treasure game after all! I do want to play it more, but I have no time to play.

That's it... fuck playing games anymore. I'm gonna become a collector. (Whatever happened to our sealedcollector dude??)
    Raiziel wrote:
    I think davy's winning the thread.

Yes, he has a bloody big collection!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Don't ever get rid of anything unless absolutely necessary...

atari2600Hardware.jpg
    atari2600GamesComplete.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    abso.....

atari7800Hardware.jpg

...lutely....

atari7800GamesComplete.jpg

....necessary..

DedicatedPongAdman.jpg

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What I have is feck all compared to some - I've seen collections in the thousands....there's no way those guys could be married.

I like elf's idea of series collecting - my GC Resident Evil collection only needs Code Veronica which I have on DC but that doesn't count.....
  • I got rid of over 100 games, some decent ones, in past few years. Wasn't doing well financially, which is why I sold them. Never again! Doing better now, which is why I'm trying to source the Megaman games. 

There are two games, though, that I've been trying to get for years at a reasonable price. Already mentioned big box Earthbound. The other is PAL The Firemen on SNES. They need to be CIB, all original packaging and in VGC. Which means hundreds for each...
  • davyK wrote:
    What I have is feck all compared to some - I've seen collections in the thousands....

Latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine has such a picture!
    I get that mag sometimes, they often show collections. Crazy people that collect the full PAL release of a console etc. Crazy.
  • Haha... don't let @regmcfly hear you say that! ;-)
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine has such a picture! I get that mag sometimes, they often show collections. Crazy people that collect the full PAL release of a console etc. Crazy.

Yeah, that picture made me wonder how he managed to retrieve a game from the back wall - he'd just filled the room up from back to front.  It made a great photo, but sometimes you'd just fancy playing Psycho Fox, surely?
  • Fucking hell Davy. Fucking hell.

Most of those GC games have passed through my house over the years, but my brother is a stupid trading in fuck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!