regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mrs Reg has totally done Rayman Origins. I don't know how.
  • Like... totally? If so, respect! o_O
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Mrs Reg has totally done Rayman Origins. I don't know how.

Want Rayman Origins. Think Zavvi are doing it in their 2 for £25 deal.

Anyhoo, currently playing Arkham Asylum. I played AC first and can see how they refined the combat slightly. Also mildly annoyed by being able to see Riddler stuff, etc but not having the right gear yet to get it, I think I liked having nearly everything unlocked at the start of AC (therefore the problem with collecting things was not a game mechanic issue, but a 'me' issue if that makes sense).

However, top game. :D
  • Mass Effect, Ass Creed 2 and Forza 4.
  • Tribes: Ascend

It clicked tonight, brilliant stuff.
  • Is it good? I now have a thing for playing it.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • It is very different. Worth a try as it'll only cost you the time it takes to download it. Fast paced FPS where the weapons shoot slow and you move at breakneck speeds so the core mechanic of compensating your aim is interesting. Kills feel satisfying.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Today I played Dead Space (for the Credits Club) and Red Dead Redemption. Haven't played RDR in ages. Every time I go back to it I'm wowed by the graphics. They really are pretty. I'm pretty much just playing it to absorb the graphics as the gameplay is only so-so. I kind of wish they'd kept the main story content relatively short so you could just do that and then maybe spend some time doing the extra stuff like collecting plants and outfits and whatever. As it is, the main game is a bit of a long slog and I don't really want to add more playtime onto that. I think both Dead Space and RDR are games I kind of enjoy but not enough to be able to endure the entire campaign. Both longer than they need to be, IMO.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Metal Gear Solid 3.It's very very very good. Looks exceptionally good in HD, after beating The Pain. Loving every second of it

Seriously. I'm going to get on this again. Was waiting to get it on 3DS but its so wonderful.

How does MGS4 stack up? Probably going to barrel straight into that next

MGS4 is wonderful. In order of numbered MGS releases I have it as 3, 4, 1, 2.

haha.
    I love MGS 3DS (so much so I bought the HD collection super edition - thanks to the chap on old new forum who posted the discounted zavvi link, love the TSHIRT). The theme tune is amazing and the final fight is soooo cool. Also my favourite bit (what made me fall in love) was the conversation with the Major about
    Spoiler:

Playing peace walker. I don't like that all the codecs seem to be lumped together in a list. It seems more annoying to have to plough through them that way. I do like the whole "build an army" type thing.

Also I'm playing xenoblade chronicles on Wii. RPGs arent usually my bag but it doesn't feel like a chore to run through it it so it's pretty good I think. Also the game is full of cockneys.
  • Darksiders. It's great fun. Sure it's not the most polished game in the world but it is a different and interest take, and I'm enjoying it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It gets shit at the end, enjoy it while it lasts. You are warned.
  • Tempy nooo :(
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Don't worry, it stays really good for ages.
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012.

With friends, in the same room. Bliss.
  • Just started MGS2. It's the first I've played since the original on PS1. Hard to get used to the controls and viewpoint, but it's starting to make sense. Looking forward to playing the others in the collection too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm starting MGS3 again tonight. For the 4th time.
  • PLAY VANQUISH
  • Fable 2. Having just acquired a 360 I'm busy hoovering up old releases.  I get the distinct impression with some of them that it would've been better to play 'em in the moment of their original release.   Despite it's unmistakable 'My First RPG' trappings though, I'm quite enjoying running through blooming fields of tulips with my dog.  Can't do that in Dark Souls now can you eh? EH?!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm starting MGS3 again tonight. For the 4th time.

Finished it recently for the third time. Still my favourite of the MGS games.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Red Dead Redemption. Haven't played RDR in ages. Every time I go back to it I'm wowed by the graphics. They really are pretty. I'm pretty much just playing it to absorb the graphics as the gameplay is only so-so. I kind of wish they'd kept the main story content relatively short so you could just do that and then maybe spend some time doing the extra stuff like collecting plants and outfits and whatever.

Yeah it took ages to complete that game and to be honest, it was the same missions over and over with different accents. The story was by-the-numbers 'everyone is either a cunt or stupid or both'. In the end I just played it for the sunsets and sunrises.
  • I'm back on Bayonetta. 6th, 7th time?. My thumbs are fucking disaster.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • This forum saved my draft from ages ago. What is this new technical devilry that seems to be easily implemented by those of competency? I have been playing Dead Space the first, and it's pretty scary eh. Looking forward to Max Payne next week. The free comic book thing is worth a look. Pretty. Comics
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • 5 hours of MGS2 in 1 day. That's a hell of a lot for me. As ever, cutscene fatigue threatens, but there's a hell of a lot to admire too.
  • Metal Gear 4 felt like watching a whole box-set of anime stuff, combined with some other good gamey things. Very enjoyable if you are able to look at in a certain way.
  • Currently playing Batman Arkham City again, Geometry Wars 2 (trying to crack certain top scores) and Transformers:War for Cybertron.

Have to say, even though I'm a big TF fan, War for Cybertron feels quite dated in it's gameplay. It's like Metal Arms: A Glitch in the System - Only not as inventive. Fun but disappointing all the same. I'd heard such good things about it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Alpha Protocol. Moscow is a bit shit compared to the other operations. And i'm generally blasting my way through the missions now with my assault rifle to avoid boredom.
  • Kingdoms of Amalur

Thanks to my fiance for an early birthday present, I 've just spent some time on this. Haven't done anymore than I did on the demo, but I loved it. Looking forward to getting well and truely stuck into it over the next few weeks.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I just bought Mass Effect 3 and the guy found a Collector's Edition which was €15 cheaper than the normal new version. 30 beans. Comes with the From Ashes thing and lots of nice smelling extras! Installing now. Going to be a great couple of weeks with this and Max Payne.
  • Currently switching between Street Fighter X Tekken and Deus Ex: Human Rev. I have to say neither are clicking with me yet. Street Fighter seems alot harder/unfair than 4, and I keep finding myself in seemingly unwinable situations in Deus Ex.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Mass Effect 3 is fantastic. Only done a handful of proper missions so far but I am already 8 hours in from talking with everyone and searching for resources. The War Map is a great gimmick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!