PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    datura.
    what a crazy game, dont really know what to say about it but it were a great experience.
    and im hopefull they will make more of the same type of thing.

pixeljunk 4am.(beta)
    really getting to grips with this and i think its an excellent concept that works really well.

finally playstation move has some things for me to play with like i expected when it were released.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I'm still playing fire emblem. I'm in a bit of a pickle. My team is relatively strong but i dont have any flying units apart from myrrth who is beastly but with limited "ammo". I'm on the 2nd to last level and i've got to kill riev and some massive monster thing. Its a grind but if i take it slow more units spawn and eventually the magic and just seemingly infinite number of units wear me down. I can hold my own until the power weapons run out then it goes to pot. Elrika (i'm on her story) is soo weak and gets killed just as I go in for the throne. I've got to the stage where if Dozla or Saleh were killed on route but i had a chance to progress I would. Its the bitch 22 though.. if i do lose a big character then its a big issue as i've got a core 7 which doesn't seem that many (having read the walkthrough).

Could mean I just come completely unstuck on teh last level (1.5 levels if you know what i mean).

ARRRGGGHHH. I'm getting to the stage where i'm due to restart the whole thing and grind far more but i'm hoping it wont come to that. It'll be 15hours down the drain. I'm confident that with a bit of "luck" i'll make it through but so far no "luck". Huff and buff.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Thats' why I gave up after around 7 hours.  A cracking game for sure (do you mean the first GBA title?), but the Demon Souls of turn based strategy RPGs.
  • yes, Fire Emblem Sacred Scrolls. Seems an awful amount of luck needed with the magic.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Akai Katana raises the bar for shmups, but lacks variety and is brief as fuck.
    Under Defeat HD with all new helicopter DLC is one of the better DC shmups and still holds its own today.
    Dark Souls is just about perfect as Demon's Souls' leaner, darker, bleaker cousin, athough it lacks a little of the previous game's charm.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • mk64 wrote:
    yes, Fire Emblem Sacred Scrolls. Seems an awful amount of luck needed with the magic.
    Sacred Stones? Isn't that the one where you can just go away and level up on random battles as much as you want?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Choke wrote:
    Vanquish yes - yes for Reg.

Finished Act 1. Some lols. Fuck that long tunnel with the jelly fish though.

That mid level boss was great. Really enjoyed it (the one that transformed mid way through from crab to dude)
  • Enjoyed Vanquish, as far as I played it. I must get back to it. It felt a bit too difficult to fully enjoy it, but Tempy suggested that I was just approaching it in a funny way. A lovely old school feeling with some splendid visuals. Could do without some portion of the Japanese American style, though. Give me full on weird anime shit!
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • So what is the story with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? I've been gathering up all my assets in the single player and I just realised that to get the full preparation you need to do the MP. I really like games that have some relationship between both modes. Gives more purpose to both. I wish that Uncharted had some of that. Even though it's extremely good fun, there is no real reason to do it. Some trophies would be nice, or like Red Dead Redemption does, allows you to do all the killing trophies - with different weapons, headshots etc. - in both modes. I see Mass Effect has that too.
  • JonB wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    yes, Fire Emblem Sacred Scrolls. Seems an awful amount of luck needed with the magic.
    Sacred Stones? Isn't that the one where you can just go away and level up on random battles as much as you want?

yes, looks like i'm going to have to go and do that. Bit weak that the game makes you do that to win.. :\

• Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Having a bit of a Gamecube revival with Pikmin 2, Super Monkey Ball 2 and F-Zero GX.

The credits have rolled on Pikmin, the charm wore out towards the end and I didn't find the caves much fun at all after the first few, I don't think the combat is fun enough to hold the game up on its own but the bosses were decent.  I much preferred the overworld sections with the time limit encouraging you to plan your day and think about efficiency whilst pushing further into the level each day.  I'll leave it for a bit before exploring the wistful wilds.
    Trying to clear the Advanced stages on SMB2 without using a continue, I'm currently clearing around 35 (of 50) levels but as extra lives are awarded the more you play, success through brute force is inevitable.  The only annoying parts are the stages which require more luck than skill but am I right in thinking this isn't so much of a problem in the first game?  It's on its way to me anyway.
    GX is still the best racer ever.  Finally finished off the story mode thanks to a surprisingly easy final mission and am now up to mission 7 on hard.  Black Bull is a cheating badger.
  • Dubs wrote:
    Trying to clear the Advanced stages on SMB2 without using a continue, I'm currently clearing around 35 (of 50) levels but as extra lives are awarded the more you play, success through brute force is inevitable.  The only annoying parts are the stages which require more luck than skill but am I right in thinking this isn't so much of a problem in the first game?  It's on its way to me anyway.
    There's no luck in the first game. Some incredible precision required in the last levels though.
  • mk64 wrote:
    yes, looks like i'm going to have to go and do that. Bit weak that the game makes you do that to win.. :\
    It's the only FE game that does that. Definitely a mistake IMO. The other GBA game, just 'Fire Emblem', is a far finer example if you can get hold of it.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I have been playing Vanquish. It's pretty fucking mental.

i appear to have still stolen Frantics copy, EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS FRANCTOC GODS SAKE [email protected]

but im tempted to like, actually finish it too, rad game, no idea why i didnt get back to it. it is completely mental

currently playing wow and diablo, enjoying both more than i expected on some exponential scale, tempted to get back into skyrim also now the mod choice is getting better
  • Max Payne 3 will be here today :) It's going to affect my Trials playing, haha.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • JonB wrote:
    Dubs wrote:
    There's no luck in the first game. Some incredible precision required in the last levels though.

I wasn't aware that any of them are luck. Dubs have you seen the WR's on youtube?

They're pretty fucking insane.

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Velocity.

I was struggling to see anything higher than a 7, let alone an EDGE 9, but having got to the 18th stage I now see an 8 and potential for a 9.

Was wanting more shooty shooty to start with, but as it throws more ideas at you, the shooting seems less important. Loads of replay value and bonus stuff.

£4 on Vita, I'm wondering if the PS3 and PSP versions are the same price?
  • What a cunt

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Birdorf wrote:

Yeah, wanted to pick that up. It's a one version fits all job I believe
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    Birdorf wrote:
    Yeah, wanted to pick that up. It's a one version fits all job I believe

its still free to ps+ users.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DIABLORS
  • I am a fool, I just started playing Fallout 3....
  • Mass Effect 3 now. Just started. It's nice, although I didn't realise an imported character would be so overpowered. So far it's sniper rifle + freezy ammo and everything explodes in 1 shot. Might have to up the difficulty.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Plornt wrote:
    I am a fool, I just started playing Fallout 3....
    You have embarked on a great adventure.  Get the DLC.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Plornt wrote:
    I am a fool, I just started playing Fallout 3....
    You have embarked on a great adventure.  Get the DLC.

I got the GOTY Edition with all the DLC included, wahey!
  • Spent some time this afternoon playing Ace Combat: Assault Horizons in both single-player and co-op. Its alright, the basic gameplay is quite good fun but I just find the missions go on for a tiny bit too long.
    Co-op was nothing special (basically just the single-player missions again) but was enjoyable for the company whilst flying around (and the many Top Gun quotes).
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • JonB wrote:
    Mass Effect 3 now. Just started. It's nice, although I didn't realise an imported character would be so overpowered. So far it's sniper rifle + freezy ammo and everything explodes in 1 shot. Might have to up the difficulty.

Yeah I found this too. Still there is a certain satisfaction with being able to jump right in with your old powers :) I'm an engineer and it's great to be able to just throw out rocket wielding combat drones from the off.
  • Just ordered Dark Souls, finally have enough free time to embark on it. Probably not till next week though, when I get a good few hours to put into it at once.

Currently playing Hard Corps: Uprising. Don't know why I didn't download it as soon as I got the PS3, being that I'm a huge Contra fan. Maybe the crappy one on Wii put me off. Either way, it's amazing, set pieces aren't as memorable as old Contra but the just shooting stuff is way stronger. Kind of more like Metal Slug than Contra in that respect.

Dubs, the first Monkey Ball is pure skill whereas the second is indeed a bit random. My son is obsessed with it and forces me to play the original over and over and over. I never finished the Expert stages when I first got it 10 years ago but now I have. The downside is that I'm forced to do it over and over and over again for the rest of time.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!