regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll kick this off. Finished The Hunger Games because why not. The book is far better than the film, and I thought the film was pretty great. I've heard the subsequent books are a bit shitty and romance-heavy, however. 

I'm currently on 'The Professor and Other Writings' by Terry Castle, which is part memoir, part collection of mental essays about Susan Sontag etc. I'm digging it. 
  • Really?!  I thought the other thread was a 'Nina's Holiday' thread?!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Stymie this dissent.
  • Haha, Tempy after that comment I can now put I'm reading the dictionary in order to understand.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I haven't read The Hunger Games (do want to) but all the hoo-ha about it inspired me to reread Battle Royale, Koushun Takami. A seriously cracking read; popcorn page turner.

I'm currently on No Country for Old Men, Cormac McCarthy mainly because I loved The Road but it's not doing it for me so far. I still have Metro 2033, Dmitry Glukhovsky on the back burner. It's taking a fucking age and I've decided that this is because it's shite. However, it's got to the stage where it's become an issue so I have to see it off.

I'm also loving yet another read of High Rise, J G Ballard. I can't remember the last time that that wasn't on my bedside table.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    OH COMPETING THREADS (nah, nuke this one if needed) 
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message

Really?!  I thought the other thread was a 'Nina's Holiday' thread?!

Pff, I think we do need a holiday thread though. You can make that one Reg, didn't you have it on the other one as well?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The Count of Monte Crusto is staring at me with a scornful front cover. I took it to Tel Aviv once to read it on the beach but the arses were too good to ignore.

I think i'll read it soon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't need to 'own' any threads, Nina, I genuinely am just shit at looking at what's there. Anyway, to THE B&B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!