Vaping and ecigs.
  • Cool, gonna be getting me a clearomiser, then. (That's the ones like in Mod's picture with the 360 pad, right?)

Told myself I won't order anything until I finish this bit of work, then I can get a nice one kinda like a reward. Hopefully that'll be tonight.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you're not going for an all in one kit, the Mini Vivi Novas do get very good reviews.
  • I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Any recommendations on places to order from? I'll want somewhere I can get all the bits from and will be after one of those plinths if I'm getting a Vivi Nova.

EDIT: Whoa, the tank and atomiser are separate; didn't realise that. Might be safer to buy a kit, for now...

EDIT 2: Ah, only from that one shop I was looking at, everywhere else they come together.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd recommend vaper one. Terrible site, but cheap prices and good service. I would avoid their own brand juice, mind, but they do other stuff too, though I haven't tried it myself so can't vouch for its quality.

Get ready for some trial and error.
  • So, where's good for juice, then? Eventually, I'd like to mix my own, but I'm just after something decent and ready to go, for now. Probably a couple of them; one standard/tobacco and one fruity or sweet.

Current feeling is that I'll get a Mini Vivi Nova and a Ego CE4, to compare, a short battery for nights out and a variable voltage one for experimenting. (edit: ooh, those Innokin iClear heads seem good, too...)

Do iPhone mains units work to plug the USB charger into? They're twice the current of the ones Vaperone are selling, but I've got so many lying around.

I assume nobody actually uses those charging bags they push everywhere?

Gah, sorry for all the questions; I'm a bit wary of spending money on the wrong things at the moment, 'cause I'm not really working. Kinda excited to get going on this, though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can't help with the charging thing, I'm afraid. As for good juice, I'm still trying stuff out myself. The best I've had yet was the Totally Wicked Red Label, but that is expensive so I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives. The cheapest I've come across so far is from Vapour World but I'm yet to place an order with them as they didn't have the flavours/strengths that I wanted in stock when I was last running low. Juicy eJuice (not to mention the Amsterdam stuff they also carry) seems to get excellent reviews, but they have to ship from the States so expect to pay a lot for the privilege and to be kept waiting. Beyond that, there's not much for me to recommend.

I'd suggest you just buy a couple of the bottles of the plugnvape stuff from Vaper One to see what that's like. Aside from anything else, if you order everything tonight, it'll probably be with you buy the weekend and it'd suck to have the whole kit and nothing to try it out with.

And no, I don't use a charging bag. I don't use one for my phone, so I don't see the need for one for my cigarette.
  • Thanks. Once I've decided which heads to get (I'm far too swayed by how they look, I feel) I think I'm all set to order. Fingers crossed, it'll be here Friday, so I can take one to the football.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    If you get the fluid in your mouth you'll know about it, it tastes rank.

I'm looking to get into clearomisers too but it new territory for me too. Previously used tanks so I'll see what the fuss is about.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you're going with the Vivi Nova, it comes with three different resistance heads so you can try them out. Lower resistance = more vapour, but also shorter battery life.
  • Yeah, I noticed that. So that's the Vivi picked. Whether to go for the Ego or Innokin for the second, though...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I forgot to mention, the plinths they sell at Vaper One are (I think) designed for the full sized Vivi Nova, so they do stick out a bit. It doesn't bother me, and I think it certainly looks better than exposed threads, but thought I should warn you. There's a picture of my setup on the first page of this thread.
  • Aye. Noticed that in your pics. Are they chromed, or just shiny metal? If it's the latter, it's nothing a quick file won't sort out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't know.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Loads of new posts I can't answer :(

OK, lets have a stab, it'll be [poorly] chromed metal.
  • Well, they're only a couple of quid and I've seen ones for the Mini on other sites, if it bothers me.
  • Aha! The iClear is actually the CE5! That makes everything a lot simpler.

Last question, I hope: are these things okay loose in your pocket?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Well there's an on/off button that takes 5 clicks to activate -and stays activated until you press it 5 times for off- but I don't think I'd put one in my jeans pocket, jacket pocket would be OK.
  • Why wouldn't you put it in your pocket? Are they likely to leak?

Also, how do you carry yours when you don't have a bag?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've only had mine two days but I wouldn't trust it to survive being sat on. So far I've used the carry case that came with it in a jacket pocket, and just slipped the unit itself in a jacket pocket.

Have I mentioned I always wear a jacket even when it's fuck balls hot?
  • No, you haven't, that's mental.

Also, did I mention I always wear relatively loose jeans, so putting things in the side pockets is well easy?

And I thought you'd been on them for a month or, at least, a couple of weeks?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Jeans pocket is fine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Been on the Litejoy semi disposable ones for a month or so. Only upgraded to the full on tank version when it arrived Saturday.
  • Right, placed an order at Vaperone. Gone for a Mini Vivi Nova and a Innokin iClear. The variable battery is made by Vision, who do the Vivi Nova, so that might even fit nicely without the plinth.

All in all (2 heads, 2 batteries, 1 juice, USB charger), it cost the same as two or three months' fags, so let's hope the switch is permanent. Having gone back to smoking after a couple of days on the disposable, my chest feels surprisingly shitty, so it might not be too hard to stay off them.

Next job, find a reliable source of hash oil, so I can give up spliffs.
  • Woo!

WUpkEkc.jpg

Anything I need to know before I start, or is it just fill tank, screw together and go?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty much screw it together and go. The mini Nova needs a little bit of time for the juice to wick up, a couple of pulls without power can help with this, don't know about the other one.
  • Yup, fill the tank, leave about 10 minutes, take a couple of pulls on it without the button pressed as Yoss says to draw the liquid into the vapouriser thing then you're good to go.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've found starting to inhale, then pressing the button, then releasing the button, then finishing the inhale worked best for me.

i.e. putting a bit of un vaped air either side of the vaped stuff.

...two attempts and I'm still not happy with that.
  • Cool, thanks all. Going to have some fun playing with it today.

Also found out my mate's got a huge box of juices he bought before he realised he didn't like vaping, so that's a bonus.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Useful. As I say, my next thing is tracking down a juice I'm happy with and that's reasonably priced so let me know how you get on with that plugnvape stuff and your mate's cast-offs.
  • I've been using the Plug'nVape "British Tobacco" (which actually turns out to be tobacco, vanilla and cocoa) for a day now and I'm pretty happy with it. Not sure what else I can say about it, having only the disposable to compare it with, but it's nicer than that stuff. The tobacco taste is kinda hidden behind the others (the vanilla on inhale and cocoa on exhale) but those are nice enough and it's mostly keeping off the desire for a cigarette.

How do I tell which head is which resistance for the Mini Vivi Nova? I've just been using the CEx type at the moment and, while I'm happy with its performance, a bit more vapour wouldn't go amiss. Speaking of element resistance, does higher or lower resistance produce more vapour? Places say that lower resistance does, but that seems back-to-front to me.

Also, how often does everyone find they have to clean their clearomisers? Looking around, there are a lot of differing stories. One place, in fact, said to clean them between fills then, in the next paragraph, to refill before the tank gets much below 50%.

Anyway, all in all I'm very happy with things and looking forward to trying out different juices and set ups. One thing that's been on my mind is if it'll be possible to put things other than (or as well as) nicotine in a mix. Some caffeine, perhaps, or an SSRI so I can dump the pills the doctor gave me, maybe some nutropics or something. I can imagine there being a big business in selling cocktails of light drugs, vitamins and stuff to cape in the future.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!