Vaping and ecigs.
  • I think we'll skip the holodeck and go straight to neural interfaces.

I've also discovered not to play with my vapes just after getting up 'cause too much nicotine in the morning makes me all spacey.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    You know when you rinse the top bit out, are you supposed to let it dry out completely before refilling?

I've just rinsed mine, topped up, and now it doesn't seem to be working.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm guessing here, but is the wick waterlogged? If so, it should dry out through use, I'd have thought.
  • Yes, you are. Usually it's suggested to "dry burn" it to make sure. Don't know if burning the water off will work or not now. It could be possible the water will stop any juice being absorbed and your wick will char. Then again, it might not, I don't have much experience of these things.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'd defintiely say the wick was waterlogged, but I assumed it would just burn the water off and then pull the fluid through.

OK, so I've rinsed it again and this time I'll leave it to dry out a bit before topping up again.
  • Get on YouTube, there's loads of videos about it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So after leaving it overnight I tried my rinsed clearomizer and it still didn't work.

So figuring I'd take the coil out and give it a hand dry I realised I didn't know how to take the coil out. In fact I'm not even sure if you can. I set about the bottom with a screwdriver but it didn't unscrew.

It did something though as when I put it back together it fired/fizzled and started working.

Can I change the coils on this model or is it a whole new end unit? I guess I should just mail the vaperone guy.
  • I think the coil/head unit is removable, though it probably depends on the make/model. Don't know if you can buy replacements, but I'd assume so.

I'm getting really fed up with the feeling of my throat in the morning, vaping PG juices. Going to have to try VG ones or mixes.

Edit: Well, the Innokin ones of the type you've got are definitely removable: 

iclir_16.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I haven't had an issue with Litejoy in cartomiser form (PG 70%/VG 30%) and even though it's not that great a flavour the vaperone has been fine as well.

That said, I don't inhale directly down the throat, I sort of pull a mouthful, let it circulate a bit, then pull that down along with fresh air through an open mouth.

I keep trying to explain how I smoke and failing. Do people actually pull direct from a fag into the lungs? I never have.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't, no.
  • How I smoke varies, depending on how I'm feeling. With vapes, it usually lingers around the mouth/throat area before being sucked down, though, mainly 'cause they're a lot tougher to drag on than fags.

In other news: I have a grape PG juice from my mate's stash and it's fucking horrible. Think I'll be sticking to vanilla and the like.
  • I inhale into the mouth, then into the lungs, for both cigs and ecigs. Have always wondered if that leaves me more open to mouth cancer. Probably. You can't blow smoke rings if you inhale direct to lungs from cig though... or can you? Plus you can do that thing where you release the smoke a little bit from your mouth then inhale it all in in a plume. Like a gangster.
  • Why is it so damned hard to find a decent juice supplier? Half the shops don't even tell you if what you're ordering is PG, VG or mix, few tell you what percentage their mix is and nowhere seems to sell both pure VG (AG) and mix.

On the plus side, I have found out that you can buy VG really cheaply from Boots.

Edit: Ha, it's even cheaper from Amazon. A whole litre for six quid. Assuming you're happy with cosmetic grade, rather than pharmaceutical.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So a few people have asked me about topping these up with hash/weed/dope (I'm not up with the current terminology). How would one go about doing that?
  • Hash oil, diluted with something. I've heard people suggest vodka. I don't know about how to get extract from plants to use, but I'm sure it's possible.

Of course, you can get pen-type vaporisers that can take raw bud for somewhere around £50. So, if stoning's their only intention for it, those would be a better choice.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I haven't looked into the weed thing, but do some research, not everything can be vapourised.
  • vapourizers say yes weed can.

Edit - weed vapourizers that is.
  • This is currently looking like the best site for juice, by far: http://enjuice.com/

You can't get straight-up AG juice from them, but they do a mix with less than 7% PG, which should do. Every flavour has three drop downs: bottle size, nicotine content and dilutant type.

Let's hope their flavours are up to scratch.
  • nick_md wrote:
    vapourizers say yes weed can. Edit - weed vapourizers that is.

Those are a different type of vaporiser, like I mentioned earlier.
  • I thought yoss said he wasn't sure if you could vapourize weed. I said yes you can, in a weed vapourizer, which are things.
  • Yeah I got a little confused when searching around at first - the weed-specific ones don't take liquids I think?
  • yeah you just bung your bud onto a hotplate thing and it burns the crystals, leaving the weed itself brown, after which you inhale the vapour. Have seen large glass dome ones and little matchbox sized ones.
  • Just to be pedantic: they "burn" (quotes to be more pedantic, since I'm not sure if things are actually burning) lots of stuff, not just the THC; hence why the weed goes brown. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that pure THC vapour may actually be invisible.
  • ah cool, yeah all my knowledge comes from people I know making half-baked attempts at describing how they work, "yeah mate it's like, erm, burns the shit in it, y'know, like, erm, crystals and dat, getme?" so the accuracy of anything I say should be taken with a pinch of salt.
  • Haha, no worries, most of my knowledge comes form GCSE science so could well be over-simplified.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So it's not possible, afawk, yet, to buy hash fluid for an efag?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    So it's not possible, afawk, yet, to buy hash fluid for an efag?

It's perfectly possible, you just have to dilute it. Of course, if you can't be bothered to do that, it isn't, no.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I meant an "off the shelf" solution (in both senses).
  • There might be somewhere in the Netherlands (or similar) that has it. Unless I missed the memo, it's still illegal here, though, so whether there's dealers that have some is up to speculation. Personally, I find it hard enough to get crass, so getting hold of ready-diluted oil would be a hell of a long-shot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!