theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yeah, I figured the off the shelf version would require some form of dodgy deal on a dodgy site in a dodgy country.

So the mix your own is the current recommended method. If anyone finds more details let me know and I'll pass it on to my "friend".
  • I'm planning on trying it sometime in the next couple of months, so I'll let you know what I find out and how it goes. Basically, though, you should just need to heat up the hash oil, then stir in the dilutant.

Just googled it, out of interest, and you can get cannabis flavour juices. Not that you could get high off them, of course, but it's somewhat amusing: http://easycigarettes.co.uk/e-liquid_cannabis
  • Oh, look, here's some full instructions to get a stable mix:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225224
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I thought yoss said he wasn't sure if you could vapourize weed. I said yes you can, in a weed vapourizer, which are things.

Yes, indeed. I didn't phrase that very well, I meant that you can't just bung any old fluid into an ecig and expect it to vapourise from what I've heard.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I was catching up, looks like AJ knows more than me.
  • he's just trying to phase you yoss, you can take him!
  • Ha, you reckon? I've been reading about vapes and juices loads today. Watch this:

Yossarian wrote:
    you can't just bung any old fluid into an ecig and expect it to vapourise from what I've heard.

This is true. Obviously, anything with a higher boiling point than the atomiser runs at won't do squat. More importantly, some things actually actually change into something different through heating. For instance, at 280ºC, VG becomes acrolein, which is toxic. I'm pretty sure these vaporisers run at less than 100ºC, though, so nothing to worry about.

And, just for completeness: I've just realised that what the weed vaporisers should be doing is boiling off things from the weed, so definitely not burning.

Edit: further reading is suggesting some of those numbers might be bollocks. Not sure if that means the VG/acrolein thing might be more complicated than suggested or not.
  • Okay, done some more reading:

The term I was after was actually flash point, not boiling point, there's a big difference. The flash point of glycerin/glycerol/etc. (all different names for the same thing, as far as I can tell) is 176ºC, so our vapes will probably be operating somewhere around there.

Vegatable glycerine can be used to extract THC (and flavour) from weed quite easily, which should be better than diluting hash oil, unless you're after the hash taste. See here for the quick method or here for a huge post talking about optimal methods and how it all works. The results from these processes will need to be diluted for use in vapes.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oooh, well done on the research. (that's not sarcasm even though it sounds exactly like it is)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Juicy currently has a sale on, and you can get an extra 15% off when ordering. I'm considering putting a decent-sized order in to make it worth it with the shipping and to give me a chance to try out both the Juicy eJuice and the Amsterdam eLiquid, both of which they stock and both of which are very highly reviewed.

http://shop.juicyejuice.com/
  • Any idea what base those are made with? I can't seem to find any reference to it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's a mixture but I'm not sure what the ratio is. I don't think I've come across any which are purely VG based, I'm not sure that many people like the idea of having no throat hit at all.
  • To be honest, I've only come across one place selling pure VG juice (well, claiming it is, anyway). Most things I've read say that the throat hit is just "reduced", guess I'll find out if I ever get (or, more likely, make) any pure stuff.

If you've come across any that say AG, that's actually what's usually meant by pure VG. You need to dilute it with water 'cause it's too thick, then people call it aqueous glycerine.
  • I'm going to look back on this thread and curse myself for being such a nerd.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ecigs and geekery go together like strawberries and cream.

I've just ordered myself a load of 1.8ohm heads for my Mini Novas, lower resistance FTW!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I also ordered £90 worth of juices from the Juicy shop. Fingers crossed they don't get picked up by customs...
  • Nice. I've not tried those yet, still on the 2.4ohm. How noticeable is the difference, both in amount of vapour and battery longevity?

That must be a hell of a lot of juice. Thought about mixing your own?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's 240ml, should keep me going for a while.

I've thought about mixing my own, but I currently can't be bothered with the hassle. Maybe one day.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I also ordered £90 worth of juices from the Juicy shop. Fingers crossed they don't get picked up by customs...

As in hitting you with import duty or because it's illegal in some way?

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Import duty. It's already not going to be all that cheap.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    Nice. I've not tried those yet, still on the 2.4ohm. How noticeable is the difference, both in amount of vapour and battery longevity?

I realised I forgot to answer this earlier.

I found a slight but noticeable difference in both really. I really did it for the vapour hit as I just wanted a touch more kick from it with my previous juice and that's what I got. Battery life I can't say I noticed a huge difference in, but I'll be trying again soon (I'm currently back on the 2.4s as my 1.8s needed replacing) so I'll report back.
  • Cool, thanks. It sounds like I should definitely try the lower resistance head, I'm often disappointed how much I have to pull to get a decent hit.

Next big experiments for me are different bases and some home-made weedy stuff. I'd imagine that should all be worth talking about.

As an aside, I just worked out roughly how long 240ml would last me, at my current rate. It's nearly a year.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Discovered the coil in my model doesn't come out, so followed a YouTube on how to clean and popped it back together. managed to dislodge one of the wicks somehow but it worked first time. I think you really need to keep on top of the cleaning, mine was tasting pretty rank but now it's lovely again. Despite me not really being able to get it as clean as I'd have liked. Too baked on. I'll be keeping on top of it with my other unit.

• Did a dry burn not get rid of most of the caked on stuff?

Also, in relation to yesterday's weed talk: I looked up the flash point of THC and it's a little higher than VG, so a variable voltage battery might be a good idea to use for it, in case the molecules haven't completely bonded.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    There might be somewhere in the Netherlands (or similar) that has it..
    A colleague of Bas might have something like what I think you're talking about. I shall ask him about it next time I see him, last time he was using it he ended up coughing quite badly, so it was better to not focus on it. He's from Russia though, could be something completely different of course.

I don't smoke a lot myself (3-4 cigarettes on a random day), but the mentioning of all these different flavours make me interested in this. Can't remember seeing one around here. It doesn't work the same as a waterpipe, does it? I know you can get that with different flavours as well, but I have a feeling it might be different.

• It's a lot like a water pipe, yes (not those ones teenage stoners use, though). Rather than burning the consumable, a vapouriser heats it until the chemicals you're interested in essentially evaporate. You can get ones that work with solids, but all the e-cig type ones use a liquid, presumably because it doesn't need to get as hot.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had a cigarette last night for the first time in ages as I was in the pub and managed to drain both of my batteries. It hit me like a freight train. It was like I was a teenager again.
  • Checking my post box this morning, I found the juices I ordered from ENjuice had been sitting there since yesterday (unless they do Sunday deliveries now and nobody told me). That's fantastic speed, I only ordered them at lunch time on Friday. Let's hope the quality of the juices is as good.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Has anyone come across a good Menthol type fluid? Or seen one recommended? Preferably from a UK seller. The Vaperone one isn't too nice. It starts off too minty then ends up tasting a bit burnt (which could be the unit but I have just cleaned them).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!