Pro Wrestling
  • Finn Balors music (from years ago)
    The Rock
    Shawn Michaels.
  • Edge came out to The Brood theme recently, so it's current.

• Fav music 

Glorious - Bobby Roode
    AJ Styles - the farmer boy song 
    Cena just for the pop and singa long

Isn't AEW just suffering from what every wrestling show does? The one thing which strikes me is that what's exciting about wresting is what ever is new/interesting. Once the roster has all fueded what else can they really do? I have definitely dropped off in my viewing due to fueds being recycled or just overall not making any sense. Also the sacking or leaving of my favourite talents. Just feels like there was alot of hype about AEW because it had newer things to see rather than it being any cultural shift from WWE. Maybe wrong but it's how i see it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • As much as I might complain about some of AEWs stuff, from what I've read, WWE is going with Lesnar v reigns for Mania 38. Again! They headlined 31 and 34.

This will be the 3rd time they have headlined, Reigns 5th since 31 and lesnars 3rd since the same. Both these guys are great to watch but surely they should be working on elevating other guys up.
    SFV - reddave360
  • 100% agree

I think Wyatt as the fiend could've been the next taker but they burnt him. Should've kept alexa out of it too.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • In that match who is the face?

I hope they don't do that. One would have to drop a title, or what happens to the Rumble winner?

Fortunately the 2 I've been to were Bryan/Orton/Batista and Rousey/Charlotte/Becky.

Put money on 40 having a triple theat main event.
  • The real bet is whether Mania 40 will be a Vince McMahon WWE production or an NBC WWE production...
    SFV - reddave360
  • what does that mean?
  • Current thoughts are that Nick Khan (wwe president) was brought in to help sell the company hence why there has been so many cuts of late. The move of the wwe network to nbcs peacock streaming service seems to indicate that they might be the most likely company to but wwe.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Poor Walter. He finally makes the move to the states and now he's a former nazi u boat captain called Gunther
  • Not like WWE to waste talent.

Speaking of, Maryse was completely wasted in the Diva era.
  • I know but every single time they do something like this it's still baffling despite the entirety of their history.
  • For a laugh I watched nxt uk and nxt tonight. There were more people at the Northampton roadmender for Rev pro than there were for nxt uk.

Nxt 2.0 is fucking awful. Never watched since like 6 months ago but me and the girlfriend and I were laughing at that saree promo. It was fucking hideous. She’s now a Japanese school girl inspired by her grandmothers necklace she’s found. Jesus wept.

Main event was kinda good but the previous 30 minutes was just the worst corny bullshit.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Poor Walter. He finally makes the move to the states and now he's a former nazi u boat captain called Gunther

Good lord, I thought you were joking! Why do they do this?? He was known as Walter on your own TV show! It's like Spike turning up in an episode of Angel and saying "my names sir lord white hair..."

Can't wait to hear Jim cornette rant on this. Walter was one of his few wwe high points.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dynamite spoiler
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I just watched the GCW show. US indie promotion manger to sell out the Hammerstein. Mox is champ, Janella, Nick Gage, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Cardona are all the big name regulars. It was well hyped. Outside an awesome lucha match which was cooit was an utter fucking abomination.
  • I saw your tweet. GCW is just basically garbage wrestling isn't it?

I think I'll just wait for Cardona v Murdoch in NWA.
  • Yeah kind of. It’s going for that ECW feel of a great deal of garbage stuff with some pure wrestling and lucha thrown in there. They occasionally do reasonably decent stuff and cardona has been an absolute riot, show was terrible though. They are probably bigger draws than impact and ROH In it’s final days though.
  • Garbage Wrestling can get in the bin.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The best GCW thing ever was Matt Cardona dressing up as Vince McMahon for a deathmatch, winning their world title, and calling himself the GCW Universal champion, and referring to the fans, as the GCW Universe.

The match itself was obviously garbage, hardcore shite, but he was a fucking heat magnet.

E9Sa2PAVIAIbbGy.jpg
  • survivor series 2000, The Undertaker vs Jericho is quality

So many of the wrestlers in this era are white, tall with bushy blonde hair
  • I can tolerate plunder/harcore matches on odd occasions. But it has to feel like a fight and not a contrived series of spots to get pops. That's the same reason I hate multi-person ladder matches.

There was a class hardcore match at the last ROH PPV between Shane Tayor and Kenny King. That's the only one in recent memory I've enjoyed.
  • What's the difference between a hardcore match and a deathmatch? Also what's garbage wrestling?

Not sure if I'd enjoy the GCW matches as I imagine they are a bit more extreme but on the whole I've really enjoyed the AEW matches when they've strayed into that territory.

Mox vs Lance Archer for the njpw belt
    The lights out Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa match
    The exploding barbed wire deathmatch between Mox and Omega
    Anna Jay and Tay Conti vs Ford and The Bunny on Rampage
    Jericho vs Nick Gage

I enjoyed all of those. Maybe I'm into this? I always assumed the AEW stuff was baby death matches for TV and that the real ones were much worse.

The blood never bothers me that much either. I Think I'm more squeamish about nasty looking bumps and the potential that something has gone wrong.

• Garbage wrestling is the hardcore bollocks with little to no wrestling component. Usually employed by people who can't actually wrestle, but some of the ECW era guys did have a solid wrestling base. Foley, Funk and Sabu were some of the best hardcore wrestlers because they were genuinely talented, and had a firm grasp of the psychology of wrestling. Then on the other end of the scale are talentless dickheads like New Jack.

Terminology varies because wrestling, but deathmatches tend to be the more extreme side. Light tubes, barbed wire ropes, broken glass, staples to the forehead, all that bollocks. Hardcore matches are generally the sort of thing WWE would term an Extreme Rules match, but like I say, wrestling, so you might still find hardcore matches that are reckless bloodbaths.
  • Actually Frosty all those matches you mentioned I enjoyed as well. And I did used to enjoy about 50% of the ECW ones. But, like Dante said, talented wrestlers can pull these matches off well and most of the GCW roster is trash.
  • Cody v Sammy ladder match is a banger. Loved it.
  • I've not seen the match yet, but I have seen The Spot.
  • I've only just caught up with Rampage so will be trying to watch some Dynamite tonight.

Only spoiler I have is
    Spoiler:

Interested to see how that goes.
  • Ooh, hopefully they don't fuck him up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!