Pro Wrestling
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    You mean the TNT Title? Jade Cargill is still the only TBS champion afaik.

Thats the feller.

I've been skipping the tnt title stuff every week for a few weeks now. Absolute garbage.

Outside of the awful promos the fact that Sammy is a 3 time champ and Skye is a 2 time champ in the space of a couple months makes ruins the titles credibility for me.

• RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Some bloody lovely graps going on this weekend between Noah, New Japan, Stardom, AAA and Rampage. Gonna plough through about 10 hours in total

But.... why?

I enjoy sweaty men tussling with each other in briefs as much as the next man but 10 hours seems excessive. (I'd be the same if someone said 10 hours of football, movies or videogames to be fair)

Its 3.5 hours a day. It’s not that extreme really. Some of it will get 100% attention, some will be accompanied by by a run on slay the spire, some will be accompanied by me throwing a stuffed Walrus at a dog.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    some will be accompanied by me throwing a stuffed Walrus at a dog.

We need pictures of this.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    You mean the TNT Title? Jade Cargill is still the only TBS champion afaik.

Thats the feller.

I've been skipping the tnt title stuff every week for a few weeks now. Absolute garbage.

Outside of the awful promos the fact that Sammy is a 3 time champ and Skye is a 2 time champ in the space of a couple months makes ruins the titles credibility for me.

I
    I agree it’s the worst booked title in the promotion by a country mile. I don’t mind a quick change, makes you think anything can happen. But isn’t this like 4 times in 3 months?

• Dogfingers wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Some bloody lovely graps going on this weekend between Noah, New Japan, Stardom, AAA and Rampage. Gonna plough through about 10 hours in total

But.... why?

I enjoy sweaty men tussling with each other in briefs as much as the next man but 10 hours seems excessive. (I'd be the same if someone said 10 hours of football, movies or videogames to be fair)

Its 3.5 hours a day. It’s not that extreme really. Some of it will get 100% attention, some will be accompanied by by a run on slay the spire, some will be accompanied by me throwing a stuffed Walrus at a dog.

Ah that's far enough. I thought you were going for some crazy insane marathon of wrestling. (I know Japanese shows have done huge cards before and we all had to gasp in horror at some of the recent mania lengths)
    SFV - reddave360
  • So Japanese wrestling has been in a rut for 2 years, with westerners being allowed back in the country I'm very excited about this tourney, maybe a couple of names you know in here:

FRqea8xVUAAB3aG?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Really enjoyed Dynamite this week. The contract signing between MJF and Wardlow was incredible and I cannot wait for the cage match with Shawn Spears. Wardlow is going to murder him.

I'd been dreading the main event with Jeff Hardy and Darby Allen as I really don't like old Jeff Hardy but it kinda ruled. The bumps they were taking were absolutely horrible, proper watch between the fingers stuff. This kind of match gets me much more than any blood stuff.
  • The womens matches on rampage and dynamite were low key good but had no heat which is shame. Dynamite was v good. The Darby ladder jump was fucking insane
  • I guess I won't be seeing Sasha and Naomi in Cardiff then.
  • Surely this will all be forgotten by then and wwe will be booking them properly. Sasha Banks is too valuable a draw to be fucking about with?

Dogfingers wrote:
    The womens matches on rampage and dynamite were low key good but had no heat which is shame. Dynamite was v good. The Darby ladder jump was fucking insane

Just caught Rampage and it was a great 45 minute show. I ended up skipping the final 15 minutes as the Tnt title stuff is absolutely hateful. I honestly can't believe it's the same company booking this shit. I don't want it anywhere near the ppv but it feels like it's going to go to a mixed tag match and I just want them to fuck off.
  • Frosty, have you forgotten that Vince is an absolute lunatic?
  • @Frosty

TNT stuff has been a total mess. But last week I thought they’d fixed it. Scorpio went babyface, Sammy positioned as a heel because the crowd boo him anyway. Fair enough, steering back in the right direction.

Then this week they completely undid all that by having Scorpio turn heel on Frankie, Sammy come out for the save as the babyface to be booed like fuck. Does big tone write this shit at 3am after his White Russians?
  • So the Cardiff WWE event sold out it seems. Sounded fear by the complaints on Cardiff Reddit (£3500 for ring side!) I think some of the normal good seats were in the £200 range.
  • lol cheapest seats available are £700 quid including “fan experience”.
  • Aye, you’ll get a handy from Vince for that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • No, that's the cheapest 'package' deal. Today was pre-sale, general sale is on Friday. There are still front row tickets for £4,500 if you want one.

I'm about here for £300.

UTjxNry.png
  • I’m not sure I’m into wrestling for £300ish even though transport and accommodation is free lol.
  • There were some tickets for £70, which were the middle tier corners I think. Based on the prices I've seen for different sections, you could be £50 on the upper corners.
  • Got this tonight, first live show in years.

FTCdoR3WIAsZYwv?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Ah nice one, hopefully it's a fun show. I see Osprey has had to pull out which is a shame though.

I think I'm going to try and see one of the local Dublin shows over the summer.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Ah nice one, hopefully it's a fun show. I see Osprey has had to pull out which is a shame though. I think I'm going to try and see one of the local Dublin shows over the summer.

Is your local big promotion OTT? I remember hearing good things about them. They were supposed to have moxley prior to the pandemic I think.

Show was great! Ospreay was a bit of of downer, but the match I was most lookign forward to was Aussie Open vs Velocities and it was utterly brilliant, I saw stuff I've never seen in 25 years of watching wrestling (shooting star press DDT!). For me, this year my top 2 matches have been from Rev Pro. The other one was Ospreay vs Oku from High Stakes in January. Probably going to the anniversiary show in August.

FTZWI0cXoAYKNjV?format=jpg&name=large
  • Yeah that's the one. Have almost gone a couple times but wasn't really feeling it with where the pandemic was at plus my son was sleeping horribly so I didn't really want to leave the wife to go watch some beefy boys. Things are pretty good now so I'm definitely going to treat myself.

Just looked up the shooting star press ddt and that's kinda insane. The one I saw was a bit unbelievable with the guy just waiting underneath it but it was still super cool.
  • Jesus the whole Double or Nothing build apart from MJF and Wardlow has been absolute shite. Don't think I care about any of the matches.

The world title build has been really confusing as well. I've no idea why hangman page is so angry with Punk. He just hinted a bunch of stuff this week but didn't actually explain anything. I assume there's a reason that will play out and it will become clear but it's really not selling me on the ppv.

Aew has a real lack of focus and roster bloat right now that has me slightly concerned. Feel like they've expanded too fast and are trying to do too much all at once and not doing a good job of it. Forbidden door, ROH, the Owen, plus double or nothing and none of it is really working for me. Even JAS vs BCC hasn't been very good despite everyone involved being really fucking good.

• Thats a shame, card was looking good. Is Punk still heel or has Hangman turned?
  • Both baby faces I think. I think they're trying to get a 50 50 reaction from the crowd but I'm not sure it's working. Page is angry about something but not heelish and Punk is respectful but playing a bit of the old mind games. It's just a bit muddy and not very good which is really surprising coming from the two of them.

Page talking about defending AEW from punk in that last promo was really confusing. Hinting and alluding to things can be good but not in this case.

I did see someone point out that this might partly be a Cody story that they've just moved to someone else. Page talking about building AEW and defending it while Punk is talking about laying the foundations and making it all possible would make a lot more sense with Cody in there instead of Page.
  • Well Hangman is an AEW OG, so it makes a sort of sense. He was the loser of the first AEW Championship match, whilst Punk sat on the sidelines until it had not only blown up but got established.

It would make more sense for Cody though.
  • Yeah I suppose so but it doesn't really work for me. Cody or one of the other EVPs or even Jericho and I don't think I'd have a problem with it.
  • I think I've enjoyed the build a bit more than you. I think the three way tag build has been solid, the Wardlow stuff has been great and I'm intrigued by the Punk/Hangman thing. I agree I was confused, I didn't understand why HM was implying punk was a dick backstage when there had been nothing to suggest it. But if this is the start of an elabourate Punk heel turn I'm happy to roll with it for now.

Rest of the card I agree has been lacklustre. The BCC/JAS thing is shite, womens main title shite, can't wait for death triangle to stop feuding with House of Black. Hardy's can fuck off.

There's like 13 matches on this card which is also way too many, they added O'reilly v Darby and an intergender match on Rampage.

I'm moaning but I'm sure I'll really enjoy it, just wish I was better built.

Also, I think Britt Baker is the absolute pits. She's terrible and there are miles better female wrestlers on the roster. Jade is better in the ring and has been wrestling a third of the time.
  • Looks like MJF's pulling a Jarrett
  • I'm kinda here for the hardys bucks match after the bucks come out dressed as the hardys on Rampage. It was hilarious and it really made me go from dreading this match to giving them a pass. Turns out the bucks can sell almost anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!