PC gaming.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Also posted in the selling thread: Anyone interested in a Gaming laptop? I've decided to sell my MSI GS 75 Stealth. Here's the Spec: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS75-Stealth-8SX/Specification - 8SF It's got: 17.3" 144hz screen i7  32GB RAM 512GB Samsung SSD Nvidia RTX2070 Max-Q I've added a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 So total of 1.5tb storage. I've also got a very nice padded laptop bag to protect it. It's got all it's original packaging.  Only issue is the U key as an issue with it's RGB, it's colour is a bit off unless you choose blue. Looking for £1,000 plus postage. Can do a monthly thing if badgers don't have the cash up front.
    Nice spec, I have battered fuck out of my MSI gtx 1070 laptop and it's still standing
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Did you flog that in the end Boris? I might be interested.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, sold it, sorry.
  • Does anyone want a Valve Index? Never did get round to sending the spare one back. I'd post this in the VR thread but they're all already sorted. You'll need contollers and base stations, so it'll be expensive regardless of the hmd freebie. Old Vive ones will work just fine though if you can get hold of some.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a very tempting offer, I even went to check stock on kit (base stations out) but I’ve spent enough on PC in the last month for quite a while.

If no one else takes it off your hands and you still want to offer it later in the year I’d be happy to take it off your hands.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah, sold it, sorry.

No probs. Really I want to re-do my desktop but been waiting a very long time for prices to settle.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Ultimate epic battle simulator 2 is out. Still in beta but who doesn't want to have 2 million zombies Vs 100,000 Romans?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle

• Yeah this looks great. I really hope Stunlock don't screw themselves with terrible marketing and poor post launch support and decisions yet again. These guys have a track record, and not just for Battlerite as Skill Up mentions. 

Their games play brilliantly though, so fingers crossed for this one. Again.
  • I really hope Stunlock don't screw themselves with terrible marketing and poor post launch support and decisions yet again. These guys have a track record, and not just for Battlerite as Skill Up mentions.  Their games play brilliantly though, so fingers crossed for this one. Again.

They got some nice chunky investment last year from a certain big Chinese company, so hopefully that bodes well for them having the support and resources they need.
  • Well now I'm far more hopeful. Their games deserve to do better.

Man, Battlerite was so much fun.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Played an hour of V Rising last night, first impressions are good but I am coming to my usual summer disconnect with games. Definitely a lot more polished and engaging than other early access Craft 'Em Ups.
  • The MP looks cool if anyone's in.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Doesn't work on Steam Deck apparently, so I'll give it a miss. Valve might have shot themselves in the foot.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I like the look of that, same as I did Valheim, but yet again it's fucking base building which is the absolute worst shit in gaming. Tedious dull wank.

Aside from that it looks great.
  • Watching a stream of Lunacid which seems pretty nice, one to watch.
    Lunacid is a first person dungeon crawler inspired by old FROMSOFT games like Shadow Tower and King’s Field.
  • This looks nice - APICO
    APICO is a laid-back beekeeping sim game about breeding, collecting, & conserving bees!
    Leave your boring city job behind to return to your family home in Port APICO and get back to your beekeeping roots.

Set in a series of lush environments, APICO uniquely combines resource gathering, biology, and beekeeping minigames, taking ideas from a mix of real-life and fantasy apiculture & floriculture.

On your journey you'll rediscover lost species, cross-breed new bees, and help repopulate the islands.

4 player co-op too.
  • Reminder yet again that cities skylines exists.

https://youtu.be/0j5n0HK3iD0

Still getting dlc and the QOL mods are off the chain these days. On special again on steam. Less than $10
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I see graphics cards have returned to an almost acceptable level again. But if rumours are true and the RTX 4 series is on the way in a few months then I think I'll hold out for those. Apparently Nvidia have spent billions on procuring components to avoid low supplies.
  • I think this is the generation where Intel enter the graphics card market, so nVidia might be going balls to the wall to preserve market share. I hope so, though I'm only expecting to see an iterative improvement (like the 10 to 20 series). Perhaps cost efficiency will improve at least.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Reminder yet again that cities skylines exists.

Still getting dlc and the QOL mods are off the chain these days. On special again on steam. Less than $10

I'm still playing semi regularly. Currently working on a British themed city.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Facewon wrote:

I want GTA6 now. That vid nails the comfort of detachment sometimes found in rejecting a city far too big to memorise without burden. You just potter around in the bits you've enough capacity to properly familiarise with, as per life. None of Houser's fellow-kids nonsense leading by the hand.

It's an interesting difference between openworlds and life, the lack of virtual risk inviting where-the-fuck-am-I exploration, minus the cost of overwhelming our Neanderthal nav systems and triggering a stress reaction. But maybe there's enough of a hint of that in games to compel us towards localisation still, with self-appointed homesteads and whatnot?

With today's tech, if a huge city doesn't intimidate on some level, I don't think it's as immersive as it could be. I feel like GTA5's DLC went great guns because its world feels lifeless, filling it with toys the reply.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This looks nice - APICO
    APICO is a laid-back beekeeping sim game about breeding, collecting, & conserving bees! Leave your boring city job behind to return to your family home in Port APICO and get back to your beekeeping roots. Set in a series of lush environments, APICO uniquely combines resource gathering, biology, and beekeeping minigames, taking ideas from a mix of real-life and fantasy apiculture & floriculture. On your journey you'll rediscover lost species, cross-breed new bees, and help repopulate the islands.
    4 player co-op too.

Got a rec from Cinty on this and had a play of the demo, nice little game and just the right pace for me now. Added to the old wishlist.
  • Facewon wrote:

I'm still playing semi regularly. Currently working on a British themed city.

And yet there are no pictures in the thread. This is a failure on your part.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I will try and rectify that soon, but it's got to be perfect you know, so...
  • So I had a 1tb ssd in the back of my xbox. My laptop recognises it as a device, but I don't know how to get it to reformat or anything. No options through obvious means.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Would something like this work?

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html

I haven't used it myself so can't vouch for it but it might work.
  • Might be worth a look. Cheers.
  • If you’ve got PC Game Pass or a chunk of change free your really should be getting on Hardspace: Shipbreaker, one of the best games i’ve played in a while. Feels totally unique - carving up ships is a total joy, especially when you start getting really good at it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got it downloaded and ready to play. Need to finish Yaklad first though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!