The TV you like thread
‹ Previous12345671876

Entertainment programmes you watch on the goggle box then....

Carrie's manic spell in Homeland last night really was watch through your fingers stuff.  Quite unnerving to see her descent into madness while being at the cusp of unraveling the terrorist plot.... 

Will be watching Ep 5 of Game of Thrones tonight.  At it's mid-point, I feel it needs to step up a gear or two now.  An interestingly painful death for Joffrey would be a start...

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah, Game Of Thrones has been very slow this series. Although last week's episode made me laugh with 'there's no cure for being a cunt.'
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Homeland is beginning to test my patience a bit.
    There seems to be a formula developing where at about 45 minutes in something finally happens to move the plot forward. I'm all for there being a signifficant plot development once per episode but the timing is getting too predicatable.

0-15 minutes Recap and annoyingly long titles.
    15-30 minutes, waffle.
    30-45 minutes plot development leading to something happeninng on the 45th minute
    45 -60 minutes shock at what just happened and credits
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message

Haha, that made me chuckle as well. I want to see Joffrey anally abused by a sex-starved bullock. 
  • Anyone catch The Bridge?

Latest Scandinavian crime drama the BBC are showing.
    Love the premise, (without being too spoilery, body chopped in half laid out on either side of the Denmark/Sweden border) as it reminded me of City and the City.

It's looking decent after the one episode I caught up on
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • BSG Season 2 Finale was excellent.

Start of season 3 was brilliant.

I also have quite the crush on Gaius. 
  • Mad Men was immense, it's miles ahead of everything else now for me. Funny, clever, dark, it does it all with equal confidence.

Best episode of GoT so far this season for me, finally got a little bit bad ass with the Arya plot. So far this season it's toiled, far too many plot threads and that's never going to ease off.

Veep is OK, too sitcom.
  • Watched the Roger Stirling on acid episode. Convincing right up until watching a baseball game on the bathroom wall.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • O_o

I was not expecting you to be a real person.
  • I was expecting it to be the realest person.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Caught up with Homeland and that really was an uncomfortable ending.  Actually found Carrie's reaction quite creepy in a way...looking forward to the finale.

Also looking forward to Game of Thrones tonight.  I agree that this series has been a bit more fractured, but trust me (having read the book) it builds up nicely!

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Also looking forward to Game of Thrones tonight.  I agree that this series has been a bit more fractured, but trust me (having read the book) it builds up nicely!

I've read the books, that might be part of the problem, no suspense. They weren't quite as fractured either because they didn't need to fit everyone into hour long chunks.
  • Good point.  I still enjoy the series and I think they are doing a good job.  Although I do spend the time thinking-when will this happen.  I'm pretty sure I know what will happen tonight for example.

However, the fiance has decided she is too tired and has to go to bed.  I guess Game of Thrones will be catch up tomorrow night!

• I'm saving up GoT until I've got them all, then I'll watch them over a weekend.

Was planning on doing that with season 2 of Spartacus, but only got through the first three episodes. Just about to start episode 4, good stuff so far.

• Spartacus was a very good series, in particular the finale!  You got some great stuff coming up mate!
  • Cheers Aaron, nice to know.

It had been a while since I watched season 1, and I was slightly stunned by the sheer level of violence in the opening episode. Nice to be shocked by TV occasionally :)
  • Debating whether to watch GoT tonight or save them for when I get an awesome projector. Apparently the screen we will get will be 92" ....... but can I wait that long?
  • They really do ramp up the bloob, guts and boobs in that series. 
  • Debating whether to watch GoT tonight or save them for when I get an awesome projector. Apparently the screen we will get will be 92" ....... but can I wait that long?

If you're recording them in HD try and wait for the projector (easier said than done I know). They'll look amazing on that thing.
  • ..... but   .... but I'm in the middle of getting ready to watch it now!!
  • So it looks like Ricky Gervais' Derek has been commissioned for a six episode series to premier next year on Channel 4.

I enjoyed Derek but felt some of it's majesty was in the fact that it was so self contained. 
  • Duped into watching The Voice by a relative getting through to the Battles stage (?). Anyway, knocks the X Factor into a cocked hat, largely due to that William chap constantly saying 'dope' and occasionally looking like he's been caught masturbating to the scene where Bambi's mother dies. 
  • Roger Stirling excels again!
  • Gonzo said:

Consumed latest GoT and Mad Men.

Abbout GoT, interested to see how they would accommodate the magic. Relatively subtly done. Still pacing is glacially slow, just like the books, and this spells doom eventuallu

I found the ending scene of episode 4 in series 2 to be as batshit insane as it was in the books. No real explanation. No real reason for it and rarely mentioned there after. 
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Since the other media section of new edge is now dead dead dead.

So Wildfire is basically Willie Pete?
  • Shinji said:

Anyone catch The Bridge?

Latest Scandinavian crime drama the BBC are showing.

Love the premise, (without being too spoilery, body chopped in half laid out on either side of the Denmark/Sweden border) as it reminded me of City and the City.

It's looking decent after the one episode I caught up on
    Yes. Wife and I have watched the first three episodes and so far it is simply excellent. Very intriguing.
  • Er, I wanted to mention something about Homeland but have no idea whether I can spoiler text.  Can I spoiler text?  How do I spoiler text? 
  • You can do the old board white text thing I guess. No spoilers at the minute, I don't think so anyway.
  • White text isn't going to be terribly spoilery on a grey background, so I'll have to be vague.

Uh, that,uh, package he has kind of implies that uh, he's, uh, you know.  And shit. 
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Does this work for spoilers?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yes

P.S. Unlikely is a cunt.
‹ Previous12345671876

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!