Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    maxresdefault.jpg
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

STEP INTO A WORLD OF ADVENTURE

Forget everything you know about The Legend of Zelda games. Step into a world of discovery, exploration and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series. Travel across fields, through forests and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the ruined kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning open-air adventure.
    Features:
    Explore the wilds of Hyrule any way you like - Climb up towers and mountain peaks in search of new destinations, then set your own path to get there and plunge into the wilderness. Along the way, you'll battle towering enemies, hunt wild beasts and gather ingredients for the food and elixirs you'll need to sustain you on your journey.

More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore - Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. Work your way through the traps and devices inside to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure.

Be prepared and properly equipped - With an entire world waiting to be explored, you'll need a variety of outfits and gear to reach every corner. You may need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat. Some clothing even has special effects that, for example, can make you faster and stealthier.

Battling enemies requires strategy - The world is inhabited with enemies of all shapes and sizes. Each one has its own attack method and weaponry, so you must think quickly and develop the right strategies to defeat them.

amiibo compatibility - Tap the Wolf Link amiibo (sold separately) to make Wolf Link appear in game. Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help you find items you're searching for. We will also introduce new The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series of amiibo at E3 this year.

Amiibo: 

amiibo-1.jpg

Videos:

Announcement - 

'Open Your Eyes' 2016 Trailer:

Exploration Video: 

DLC

zeldadlc.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    AM I SUFFICIENTLY HYPED?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wake Up 

Time to die
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I will succumb and buy those Amiibo.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Watched just over a minute of that bottom video and I'll watch no more. Absolutely beautiful. Fuck that amiibo noise though.
  • This looks like one of my favourite types of game done extremely well. Love the climbing. Not sold on the graphics but maybe my expectations are inflated thanks to PC
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Graphics are good, but could be significantly better on other hardware. Art direction's top. Gameplay's Z-targeting tripe.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watched just over a minute of that bottom video and I'll watch no more. Absolutely beautiful. Fuck that amiibo noise though.

Suspect Amiibo will be adding Fallout 4 style companions - Certainly Wolfie does that. I would reckon the (kinda legit) Spider one will be a difficulty mulitiplyer a la Ganondorf in TP.
  • Escape wrote:
    Graphics are good, but could be significantly better on other hardware. Art direction's top. Gameplay's Z-targeting tripe.

What's your beef with z-targeting?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm very hyped for this. About the only game I'm hyped for tbh. FFXV and Nioh the other contenders fir that adjective.
  • He finds it too difficult.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Escape wrote:

TBH I can get behind the ditching of Z targeting, a nigh on 20 year trope. Would love to see a smarter way of doing it, and believe the big N are capable of finding it.
  • Z-targeting was one of the best solutions for a hugely problematic conundrum posed by 3d melee combat ever devised but i'd be interested in strong alternatives
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:

It as-good-as automates combat. Ocarina of Time's one of the most disappointing games I've played, and I haven't touched a Zelda since. It was magical in places, no doubt (watching the Sun above Lake Hylia; jumping the broken bridge as Gerudo Valley piped up; fishing for the Loach...), but take away those moments and it was a slow-as-feck trudge across Hyrule Field, interspersed with dollops of rote block-pushing and monster-bashing. Player immersion so openly undone by its hold-up-to-win universal experience.

Ninja Gaiden's pretty much how I'd like Link to handle.
  • Ahh, well i didnt define the gamplay by its combat really and its not beyond the pale to introduce challenge to z-targetted combat, technically (at all). Wether that holds true for this is worth waiting to find out
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I went into it straight after Mario 64 expecting the same controls in a 3D version of ALttP. As soon as I saw Link autohop I was gutted.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Think scapos wrong in Z targeting being a solution to a 3D problem in that it was the best solution of the age but we should have better now
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    DOOM: forward, back, left, right and strafe; all on a keyboard. GoldenEye wasn't ideal, but it worked. Things are different now with right-stick vert.
  • It's all very well saying we should have better but unless you can present one, there isn't better. Mario's control technique might work in tight areas with specific camera control but it's not very well suited to a third person open world game. Motion control, ironically, could offer the best solutions thanks to a degree of precision in 3D space, at least with decent depth cues, but a regular controller is very limiting

I agree on the autohop though, that was very disappointing. I can't imagine it's a problem in this game however, at least i hope not, automating jumping in this kind of game would be bizarre
  • Escape they are first person controls where the camera isnt such an issue
  • THIS...will be game of the generation.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Escape they are first person controls where the camera isnt such an issue

Bind the yellow buttons to strafe for Mario 64 and imagine that. They have removed autojump at last (dunno if they've kept the autohop for distance-based jumps).
  • That's a good fix for movement but what about the camera in a huge open space with a mandate for views of vistas? As far as I know, which might not be much as ive been vague on consoles for ages, i dont know any 3rd person control on a pad that isnt a clusterfuck without target locking. My favorite controls on pc affairs with pads have involved locking but still loads of challenge, which I hope a product like this can pick up. In ocarina the enemies tended to line up as you circled and they tromped towards you but i'd hope it had evolved from that a bit
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    This looks like one of my favourite types of game done extremely well. Love the climbing. Not sold on the graphics but maybe my expectations are inflated thanks to PC

Those are the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen in a game.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Red Dead Redemption.
  • Admittedly great, but not like this. I'm playing that again at the mo.
  • Again i'm spoilt, i've been playing with the cloud tech used by the latest ace combat game for a few years now and i'm all sunsetted out
  • I don't really understand the issue with Z-targeting. If Zelda games have combat issues I really don't think it is to do with a lock on.
    Dark Souls has probably the best weapon based combat in a third person game and has a lock on. At base level Zelda and Dark Souls combat is the same, it is the layers built on top that make the difference.
‹ Previous1234567199

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!