X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • They’ve told us it’s a redesigned controller. What they didn’t tell us was that it’s a whole foot wide.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Build a box out of cd cases, 2 high, 1 wide. I reckon that's the rough size of it.
  • Of the controller, right? So the console is … *calculates* …
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Someone had a thought on reddit which I'm going to steal: What if it's this tower because the components are stacked inside? That way MS could release updates to hardware like new graphics cars that a user could swap out themselves. Just plug and play.

total game changer.. there's a keyboard hidden behind the tower and it comes bundled with Office so you can do work and play on it... it's like a computer but personalised to you.. cos you're not all about work.. some times  you want to kick back with some Kenny G and Blinx.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Oh please let MS use Baker Street for the full xbox ad....
    SFV - reddave360
  • If this is the next gen console i go for then its going ti have to go sideways on.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Does it launch 4oD?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I like the look of that box tbh.
  • Lol only in glasgow
    PSN - minkymu
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd go for an inverted pyramid stand and prop it on one corner.
  • Tbf its growing on me. Just a bit bland. Also its quite high side on. At least 1/2 an S higher than an X
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'm looking for mini spot lights I can place at the base on all 4 sides, illuminating it from below.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I hope the PS5 is as batshit as the dev kits. Then youve got a choice between bland and wtf is tgat.
    PSN - minkymu
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sony aren't that stupid, or are they?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I like it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Xbox_Series_X.0.jpg

Looks like two GameCubes duct taped together.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You should watch the advert.
  • Looks like two GameCubes duct taped together.

3. Minus the handles.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • You should watch the advert.
    There's an advert?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Maybe it looks better in real life or maybe they aren't finished but it looks awful to be honest. It's just too basic. But hey, in the flesh so to speak, maybe it looks better.

The advert for the system and heavens gate 2 are standard video-game stuff. No actual gameplay, just pre rendered vids that could have been for the ps3/ 360 to be honest
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    To be fucking honest, it looks like a shit pc. Everyone knows this. What it does is the real question, but that's a Garbo aesthetic.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    True, it doesn't have garish lighting, unnecessary detailing occupying a massive footprint, so not completely rubbish at all.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • poprock wrote:
    Scotland will be all set for rollout within two years, then it’s down to private enterprise investing and building the network. It’s going to happen within four or five years and it’ll change everything, gaming included.

Sorry, Poprock, but your post just reads like the type of sales pitch that massively overstates the likely outcome. If it’s down to private enterprise and building the network, then I expect there to be just enough piss-weak coverage for providers to claim they’re providing a service.

Given its short range and almost line-of-sight requirement, how many antennae will need to go up in the next two years?
  • Yeah I don't know what else people were expecting, it looks perfectly fine to me. But then I do happen to like a dark bland box that stays quiet and does it's job..
  • Like the look of it, it’ll replace the X and that’s about it...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Scotland will be all set for rollout within two years, then it’s down to private enterprise investing and building the network. It’s going to happen within four or five years and it’ll change everything, gaming included.

Sorry, Poprock, but your post just reads like the type of sales pitch that massively overstates the likely outcome. If it’s down to private enterprise and building the network, then I expect there to be just enough piss-weak coverage for providers to claim they’re providing a service.

Given its short range and almost line-of-sight requirement, how many antennae will need to go up in the next two years?

Hmm, what if we nationalised it instead :-/
  • Andy wrote:

Fuckin’ millions. And that’s the biggest stumbling block in urban areas at the moment. There are no rates tariffs applicable to the infrastructure so the company with a monopoly on Scottish roofspace won’t set prices and nobody can start installing. ScotGov need to set the tariff guidelines so that the 32 local authorities and two national parks can set their tariffs, and then things can start moving. 

I mean, for one thing, now that Labour’s free fibre to every home suggestion is in the bin we’re going to need 5G even more. It’s the only viable option for bypassing BT and upgrading the last mile of everybody’s home and business broadband connections.
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry, Poprock, but your post just reads like the type of sales pitch that massively overstates the likely outcome.

Yeah, because that’s kind of my job at this point. High-level vague inspirational stuff to persuade policymakers to push for it, investors to fund it, and private companies like BT, Virgin, Vodafone, etc to actually put money on the table and build it.

Basically, what we have now is nearing the end of its useful life. The networks that were designed decades ago and have matured into 3G and 4G are full. And we’re wanting them to carry exponentially more data every year. The networks are congested, literally. That’s why your service craps out and slows down. 

5G is designed differently and can adapt itself on the fly to make sure everything gets through. Every future tech scenario you hear about is based on the idea that machines will be connected and talking to each other. Sensors, data collection, intelligence, blah blah blah. All that data traffic will take up thousands, even millions of times more bandwidth than the world is using right now and there’ll be nae chance whatsoever of there being any room left for you to stream a TV show in 4K or make a little phone call. 

So we need the new improved network, no matter what.
  • I think it looks great.
    Way better than this gens offerings.
    It has a slight whiff of Apple design about it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    It has a slight whiff of Apple design about it.

Yeah, echoes of the Mac Pro ‘dustbin’. Immediately made me think of the central cooling void that had, it’s possible this does something similar. Or at least allows for vertical airflow, if you know what I mean.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!