Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
‹ Previous123456738
  • It’s coming apparently!

Imma gonna reserve a few posts and flesh it
    Out later
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Reserved
  • Reserved
  • Reserved
  • Can you damage your car? No? Im out.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Will I be able to use my G29, or are they going to force us to buy new again? I'm due an upgrade tbh.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I bet this mean it comes with a digital controller, first analogue bundled with game
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • They're launching a console with a mainline GT, is it? Oh my.

Forza v GT lets do this baby
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes but is it a sim?
  • A bit pointless when you can just play Forza.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Even more pointless when the xsx doesn't have any games.
  • Last GT I bought was for PS3, needed an update which was 2 hours download. Left it and went to work, came home and it had managed 15%.
    Switched it off. Next day tried again. Now 3 hours to DL.
    Put it in the bin.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Literally didn't even play it.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • About the same bullshit with many PS3 games. Little big planet is one stand out for frequently tedious updates. Never fixed shit controls, for some reason...
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My PS3 is probably still updating, wherever it is.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    My PS3 is probably still updating, wherever it is.

Yeah mine too.  I genuinely think it was the worst console I’ve ever owned.  It was a nightmare to get into any game ever.  I put up with it for Naughty Dogs stuff on there then the rest is in a perpetual loop of updating/never finishing before the next update released.  I swear it’s in a landfill somewhere still slowly chugging away on its multitude of progress bars telling the pecking gulls and foraging rats that the next gen starts when it says it does.
  • I never had a problem with the PS3, maybe I was lucky with what I played?

The only games I can remember taking ages to install/update were the MGS games.

PS4 has been worse for me. Compulsory installs has resulted in having to juggle games to make space on the HDD.

I updated my PS3 HDD to 360GB and never and to delete another game, I updated the PS4 to 2TB and still have to delete to make space for new purchases.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I never go back to games so 2tb is enough for me.  I’m concerned about the 800andodd gig we’re getting for the next machines though.  Not enough space but those things are fucking expensive too.  Hundreds of pounds for decent ones.
  • Metal Gear Online beta
    Everybody's Golf World Tour online mode

Case closed. Still have nightmares about them two.

For the thread: GT Sport is worth the time invested, but only just.
  • Oh god Im getting flashbacks too!

PS3 network features were awful, but much better on ps4.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Currently playing and very much enjoying GRID on Switch. Also, still playing Outrun Sega Ages.

I can wait for this.

x
  • I havent played forza on this generation or GT either. But havent racing games moved on and improved the genre from GT ? Yeh the first ever GT was ground breaking but has the series done anything since then?

Also is it a simulator or an arcade driving experience? If the former then it needs to have some form of car damage in the game. Personally being able to damage your car and ruin your race or penalize yourself adds to the experience, for example damaging your gearbox and losing a gear etc. Driving 200mph into barrier, bouncing off and continuing doesnt. If it is an arcade racer then lack of damage to car is understandable.

GT doesnt excite me and i love racing games of all types. I find it abit sterile and dull. Forza gets alot of love on here so i definitely have missed out on that, but im not shelling out for a current gen xbox and i dont play games on my pc too often especially those i can play on a console.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    This longish video is pretty old now but goes into a good deal of depth between GT and Forza 7 from a circuit racer perspective. He much prefers the quality of the racing in the GT. 

I've always come at all this from a F1ish, Brands Hatch visits end of the spectrum so don't get on all that well with Horizon. I prefer chasing time trails on real circuits or racing with heavy penalties, dodging out the way of the crash bang LeBobbing crazees etc etc. Far more in-car sim for me. I imagine (and have dabbled with) plenty of PC variants that could go much further but GT is enough for now. I find the tilty steering wheel gyropad controls pretty well done too. 

GT Sport hits quite the spot for me but I just haven't had the time to play it enough recently. Posting times for qually spots on set races, working through a race with consequences is more up my strasse but I can fully see why that's not everyone's cup of tea.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Thats a good video. As someone who plays solo, number of cars, number of tracks, day/night and weather are important. In that respect forza would be better fit for me. However i think F1 nails my racing championship itch. Forza Horizon definitely looks like the fun arcade type of game for me, you know the 15-20min quick blast on it.

• Most of the car guys I know stick to GT Sport and use something like 27 Racers to plan and organise lobbies/races.
  • I’m missed the start of the Nintendo direct - what did I miss about gran turismo I need to up date the op
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's pretty
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It's pretty

Very pretty, it looked great from in car and fast
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Trial Fucking Mountain.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    also got porsche on board properly
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    that [art pleased me too Birdorf
‹ Previous123456738

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!