NFL
‹ Previous123456714
  • The U.S sports thread is generally basketball  which is fine. So I thought I would start an NFL thread for general chat.

Teams supported

LivDiv : Eagles
    B0ris: Washington
    Mistercrayon: LA Rams
    Dinostar: Tampa Bay
  • I have signed up to NFL Gamepass for this season, bit of a gamble but I am enjoying watching last season's games.

Currently trying to single out a team to support. A good mate of mine supports the Eagles and tbh I am leaning their way. I like their style of play.

Also after a few games I have really begun to understand and appreciate the sport. I have watched the Superbowl for years but always fucked by the end of the half time show.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Always been a Redskins fan since the 80’s. Watching seasons has come and gone over time. I’d love to properly put time into it, but having bought NFLGP a few years ago I just didn’t get enough use out of it for the price. It’s a great service, if you can spend the time watching your teams key games and the 45 minute editing games was a great way to catch up on those competitors you had your eye on. Enjoy, I’ll probably just catch a few games on TV plus Super Bowl.
  • You mean "Washington Football Team" fan.

I can get the use. I have movies, TV or YouTube running all day while I am working anyway.

Yeah the 40 minute cuts are a great idea, like highlights+. The prem etc could do this as well for fans that want more than MotD.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes apologies for using the old name. Habit. You can be the forum NFL reporter.
  • Not much to me mate, no need for apologies
    Although they do need to come up with something.
  • I just watch the highlights show on bbc1. Its on Tuesdays and Saturdays. The former being better than the latter. Also i find the live games far too long and too many ad breaks.

Dont support any team (though i like the colours of the 49ers kit), though do enjoy watching certian players, lemar jackson and patrick holmes being the two outstanding young mobile QBs.

Brady and Gronk at Tampa Bay will be interesting as will cam newton at Patriots.
  • I watch the BBC shows too, and will catch stuff on YouTube but not signed up for gamepass. I've been to two London games as well.

I like the Vikings, Seahawks and still hold out hope for the Jets to make a comeback one day.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I was always a Redskins fan growing up, and my brother was Chicago bears (mainly because of the "Chicago bears are number one" song)
  • https://play.acast.com/s/thenflshow/90778374-e2c2-11ea-8a7c-5b170db6d427

AFC preview if you cant be bothered reading through it. Mike Carson providing the analysis. I think an NFC analysis is coming after this one.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29287585/better-worse-same-stacking-nfl-teams-progress-2020?platform=amp

A quick preview of the teams across AFC and NFC.
  • Disappointing absence of jerseys in this thread.
  • Giants for me now. They became my second team when I saw them beat the Dolphins at Wembley in 2007. They ended up winning the Super Bowl that season. Raiders used to be my main team but I just can’t get behind them anymore, flitting around from city to city like a band on tour. I’ve also got an instinctive dislike of Las Vegas. So I’m punting them away. I think I actively dislike them now.
  • I've been there so I'm sort of into Baltimore now.
  • The NFL show back on BBC1 after MOTD on Saturdays. Nothing on whether NFL This Week will come back on tuesday slots (i preferred the Tuesday show)
  • I dont think it is. They published a schedule yesterday or the day before and it just seemed to be the Saturday shows.

I will definitely be tuning in or iPlayering them.

I have definitely decided on The Eagles now as my team. I watched 4 or 5 of their games from last season and liked what I was seeing.
    They had an injury crisis all season which was a shame but the seemed to play an aggressive exciting game which Im up for.

I am enjoying Game Pass as well. There are some decent shows on there. It is very American of course, there was an advert for colon cancer treatment mid game at one point.
    I appreciate how positive it tends to be though. The general mainstream coverage of football has really started to put me off the sport recently, far too negative all the time.
  • *thread moved to off topic*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can sponge off my sisters Sky Go account so think I should get to watch the games I want. I’m sticking with Washington but it’s looking like a terrible start for them against the Eagles.
  • The breakfast show I was watching on Game Pass seemed to be pretty unanimous in predicting a win for Eagles but I have read injuries may throw a spanner in the works.

Will see.

I hope Washington come up with a new/better name and brand. Glad they dropped the Redskins name finally mind.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah it’s a crap name. Not holding out much hope for em though. QB isn’t the best (Haskin?) and not much offensively at all. Defense is supposed to be decent but nowhere near Eagles. I’ll hold off the bets until later in the season ;-)

With work being shit busy I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch all matches live either.
  • I doubt I will watch the late, late ones live until maybe play offs.
    I'm hoping to grab a Sunday evening game live each week though.
  • I'm still proper new to all this mind. Watching 6 or 7 games through and a few shows has got me up to speed on the basics and some strategies.

Getting to know players is tough because of the helmets.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have no idea of players. Haven’t watched properly in years apart the odd Super Bowl.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I have no idea of players. Haven’t watched properly in years apart the odd Super Bowl.

Lemarr Jackson (Ravens) and Patrick Maholmes (Chiefs) are incredible QBs who break the mould in different ways. Jackson runs like Running Back, thrilling to watch
    Maholmes does passes like you've never seen in the NFL (no look passes, passes with weaker arm etc).

Cam Newton at New England should be interesting. Gives Billicheck a different weapon at QB. A QB who can run the ball himself provided he can stay fit.

Of course EVERYONE will be watching tampa bay. Brady and Gronk at Tampa Bay (owed by the glazers btw). They are now among favs for the SuperBowl so i expect it to implode spectacularly.

Joe Burrows was drafted by Bengals and he is seen as franchise level QB. So no pressure then on his debut season to carry an entire historically bad team on his back.

Theres probably loads more stuff, but thats why i watch the BBC show cause they fill in all the details.
  • Newton, Brady and Maholmes are the three major ones I'm aware of.
    The jumping passes from Maholmes are nuts.

Brady will indeed be interesting although I can see him sort of fading away a bit.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That just the highlights show Dino?

Will they be showing any full games? (Apart from SB)
  • This is all I can find Boris.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/american-football/53895461

It only mentions the Saturday show and the Superbowl.

Additionally to this the 4 games scheduled to be hosted in London this season were moved back to the U.S for obvious reasons. Normally the BBC have coverage of at least one of those I think but not sure if they still will.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah there’s not a lot of coverage anymore in the UK. Sky have some but not as much as I’d have thought. Tempted to get GP again, but will I get my money’s worth. Those digest 45 min games are great, assuming they are still on the platform.
  • GP this season has 2 blackout games per week during regular season and none postseason.
    1 at 6pm Sunday
    1 at 9pm Sunday
    So I guess those will be the only games aired anywhere else. They are available to watch 24 hours later on GP though.

The 45 minute games are certainly still there from last season. I've been watching full games to get my head into it but will likely watch 45 minute games from next week.
    I am lucky in that I can whack stuff like sports on while working so I will likely rinse it.
‹ Previous123456714

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!