S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
‹ Previous123

• The debut trailer of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is out, and we are happy to share this moment with our players and fans all around the world. We sincerely hope you were both delighted and surprised during the Xbox Game Showcase, as that was the ultimate goal that we aimed for.

From the very beginning of the development, we were working hard to deliver the game both our fans and newcomers could enjoy. With our first video, we wanted to give you the taste of the atmosphere you will experience and the overview of the world you will travel through.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise was always about the Zone. We see it as a standalone — and hugely important — character of the series. In the world we created, the nuclear disaster at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in 1986 wasn’t the only one to occur. The second explosion hit the reactor in 2006, creating The Zone as we know it. It’s a dangerous place, filled with mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy.

However, it’s not just an isolated place that’s dangerous by itself, but rather a threat to all of mankind. Still, there is no stopping for the explorers.

Bounty hunters delve deep into the Zone, driven by its treasures and mysteries. Some of them are running from their past, others are blinded by money, and some are obsessed with finding the truth behind all the mysteries. No matter what makes their hearts pump, these people are known as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s.

You are one of them.

With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, we are finally creating the thing we’ve wanted to make since the very beginning. For the first time in the series, the Zone will be yours to explore as a post-apocalyptic open-world — one of the biggest ones to date.

This is our most immersive world yet, and we are crafting it with the love and passion this setting deserves. Using our most advanced technology to date, the Zone has never been this gorgeous. And it’s yours to conquer — or to be lost in forever.

Both monsters and factions that inhabit the Zone are constantly interacting with each other. The previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games introduced A-Life — a living world simulating system. The reimagined version of this system, which we call A-Life 2.0, will control the state of the world and the behavior of characters and mutants, making the Zone ever-changing and truly alive. Countless events and encounters will happen every moment — even if you are not around to witness them with your own eyes.

With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, we want every player to have a unique playthrough. It will take much more than just A-Life 2.0 to do that, as you are the author of your story. Putting aside the scale, the decisions you make will cause not only short-term outcomes, but influence the world itself. We are crafting an epic, branching story culminating in lots of different endings. You’ll have to make tough choices regularly — and be brave enough to face the consequences.

All of the things we are sharing today outline GSC’s biggest game so far. We are absolutely dedicated to this project and we are putting our hearts and souls in to shaping this ultimate S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience.

Xbox Series X makes a good match for these ambitions. With no compromises needed, the power of Microsoft’s next-gen console compliments GSC Game World’s first-ever console announcement perfectly. We are also happy to have our game come to Xbox Game Pass on day one: all the new gamers out there can have a taste of what we make, fall in love with our universe, and become new S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s. Caring about players is the main pillar of our philosophy — and we are pleased that it is also true for Microsoft.

With our never ending and always-growing love and attention for our PC fans, we are overwhelmingly excited to invite completely new players on this wild ride.

It will be one to remember, that’s for sure.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/23/stalker-2-is-coming-to-xbox-series-x/
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yooooooo
  • Both monsters and factions that inhabit the Zone are constantly interacting with each other. The previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games introduced A-Life — a living world simulating system. The reimagined version of this system, which we call A-Life 2.0, will control the state of the world and the behavior of characters and mutants, making the Zone ever-changing and truly alive. Countless events and encounters will happen every moment — even if you are not around to witness them with your own eyes.

With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, we want every player to have a unique playthrough. It will take much more than just A-Life 2.0 to do that, as you are the author of your story. Putting aside the scale, the decisions you make will cause not only short-term outcomes, but influence the world itself. We are crafting an epic, branching story culminating in lots of different endings. You’ll have to make tough choices regularly — and be brave enough to face the consequences.

This sort of thing is what GTA should be aiming to accomplish. Up with this.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fkin rock hard for this
  • Yeah, I fancy a bit of this.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This isn't a xbox exclusive is it?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    This isn't a xbox exclusive is it?
    I think it's Xbox and PC exclusive?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Timed exclusive so probably a year etc
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Its a pc game for playing with keyboards like a real boy.
  • I thought you little boys liked to play with your joystick?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Only fo tha hotas
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The original Stalker was completely broken, but still managed to capture a totally unique atmosphere. Looking forward to this.
  • I only recently (as in a couple of weeks ago) ebayed my tin box edition of the original.
  • Kow wrote:
    The original Stalker was completely broken, but still managed to capture an totally unique atmosphere. Looking forward to this.

I'm going to play it again soon. There are some fixes for various things like the visuals which can have bugs on a modern display/system. Wasn't too much of a faff to get it going nicely as I recall.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    The original Stalker was completely broken, but still managed to capture an totally unique atmosphere. Looking forward to this.

I'm going to play it again soon. There are some fixes for various things like the visuals which can have bugs on a modern display/system. Wasn't too much of a faff to get it going nicely as I recall.

I replayed pripyat a couple of years ago, and yes, its completely fucked but also incredible.
  • How does Metro and Stalker compare?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    How does Metro and Stalker compare?

Theres similarities, sure, particularly with the first metro. Stalker is just more micromanagement than Metro. There's a lot to look at and deal with, and theres also a lot more open world stuff. Maybe add pubg into metro to get close.
  • There were 3 stalker games right? The original then 2 x expansion games. I loved those.
  • Ohhh nice
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Stalker is more open world, with side missions and dynamic stuff. The anomalies are a key feature, something very much inspired by the original 1972 book Roadside Picnic, which inspired Tarkovsky's great film Сталкер (which = Stalker). The game took that name but resembles "The Zone" of the book much more, with strange anomalies that will do terrible things to unsuspecting wanderers.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    How does Metro and Stalker compare?

Stalker is better. Theres something about that wasteland sandbox which is dripping in atmosphere. I havent played the latest metro game but stalker is one of my favs.
  • I played Stalker with a decent mod that cleared up a lot of the junk. It's got a lot of the typical immersive sim jank to it that you expect from traditional PC games. I played it for about 30 hours and ended up with a save game that I could never finish, as I entered the final area without enough gear to get me through it. It's that kind of game, where you can sink an entire playthrough by accident.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Stalker defence force just logged in to explain stalker
  • You could describe Stalker as a somewhat more hardcore Russian version of something like Fallout 3, you do a fair bit of exploration and looting/resource finding, a mix of scripted and dynamic events with some chaos induced by all the mental howling mutant creatures running around. It's more linear in that it has several main open areas with entry/exit bottlenecks to negotiate, and loading screens between them.

The combat can be tough if you struggle with mouse aiming due to lack of experience or just a shit mouse, headshots really make your life easier. It has a few different stances that affect the amount of noise you make and your visible profile, plus leaning around corners. A fairly complex inventory with 'artifacts' that you fish out of anomalies that can modify your stats, weapon mods, and medical/food items.

It definitely has a real atmosphere about it, the open wasteland is spooky and forboding, and the interiors and tunnels can be pretty nerve-racking to clear. All these details do a lot to make the world feel pretty immersive, despite some of the jank.
  • This is HUGE. Never expected Stalker 2 to see the light of day. I'd buy an Xbox Series X on the strength of this alone, such is my love for the original. No way I'm waiting an extra year for it on PS5.  They got me, Strelok!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Stalker is more open world, with side missions and dynamic stuff. The anomalies are a key feature, something very much inspired by the original 1972 book Roadside Picnic, which inspired Tarkovsky's great film Сталкер (which = Stalker). The game took that name but resembles "The Zone" of the book much more, with strange anomalies that will do terrible things to unsuspecting wanderers.

I watched the film last year. Amazing film.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Not much to see there, but still, very much excite.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Had forgotten that this was even alive. Now I can cite it as the very reason for my new PC build.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    YOOOOOO
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!