The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    All the Avengers movies feel like they've been put together using a spreadsheet.

That’s Hollywood for you. All sticking to this:

Save-the-Cat-Beat-Sheet-Example-1024x791.png
  • Save the Cat is a good read.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I like the 3 act structure, but I think the Avengers movies are too full of characters to follow it properly. It's more like:

character wisecracks + asses kicked = (popularity × runtime) ÷ total no. of characters
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I watched Ultron the other day as it was just coincidentally where I was up to in my MCU rewatch. I don't think it's bad as such, it's just unfortunate that in a film focused around Ultron, literally everything about Ultron from the writing to the performance is shit.

Also, they try and re-hash the whole 'characters in a crossover initially fight against each other due to misunderstandings and shit' but because the twins are new characters in this and no major characters or teams from new (at the time) non-Avengers movies join the mash-up this time, it doesn't quite work.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I rewatched Age of Ultron off the back off this series, it was much better than I remember. Love that scene of them trying to lift the hammer. It twitches for Steve and he definitely pretends not to be able to lift it.
    Age of ultra is a Eton mess of a movie. Bloated and will full of tasty bits but really lacking finesse. It works as a part 2 of the avenger series but as a movie in its own right, not the best. Found it worked better watched in parts.
    Heh thats how I watched it. Half an hour here and there over the course of a week.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I think Civil War and Age of Ultron marked the point where it became futile to try and watch if you weren’t already following the MCU. They don’t stand up well if you’re an outsider watching them in isolation.
  • Age of Ultron was too long and very badly paced. It feels like it finishes, and then goes on for another half hour.
  • Aye, feels like it goes on for an age...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Aye, feels like it goes on for an age...
    Hence the movie title.
  • Mission accomplished so.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier today, whoop whoop!
  • I’m more excited about watching the next episode of Helstrom tonight. Really enjoying it. It’s Marvel but I don’t believe it’s part of the MCU.
  • Helstorm? Not heard of that must have a look. Im quite pumped for F&WS too. Which is surprising, Falcon being a bit of a nothing for me in the movies.
  • Helstrom. It’s demons, exorcisms, and serial killers. Stylish and short (according to G Man, cancelled after season one).

Not gonna post a trailer because they all seem to have spoilers in them.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So, Falcon and the Winter Soldier episode 1.

Thought it was a perfectly cromulent start. Curious as to who the actor was at the end. I can't decide whether this or WandaVision would have made the best first Marvel Studios show - this is very much what you'd expect an MCU TV show to be, almost to a fault, whereas WandaVision, while a bit wonky and perhaps too expectation-defying for its own good, at least kinda suggested these shows have the potential to be fairly creatively interesting.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the young guy or, like, any of the other new characters for that matter.

It'll be interesting to see how episode 2 follows up the end of this one.
  • I thought it was indeed quite by numbers, predictable what anyone would reasonably expect from a Marvel show.
    That isnt a criticism nor is it really praise. Definitely need to see more of it to formulate an opinion.
  • This is only six episodes in total. Glad they started with wandavision rather than this so far.
  • I thought it was pretty great, but I also think when winter soldier took over after Cap got shot in the comics it was the best run of Captain America ever, and I like the new (more modern) take on Falcon. Also that’s totally US Agent isn’t it...

Am looking forward to the next one!
  • I’m with Cosmic. Watched it with my oldest son, and enjoyed it too.
  • My prediction of how things will progress.
    Spoiler:
  • They’ve definitely been playing around with ‘who becomes next cap’ between Falcon and Bucky.
    Spoiler:

I think it could be either, but I’d like to see Falcon as cap personally. And Bucky straight up as Bucky, caps sidekick.
    With the little mask and everything :)
  • I enjoyed ep 1 of falcon.

I thought it was a solid start. The end bloke defo not a good guy
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dont misunderstand me it was a enjoyable episode. I just get why they went with Wandavision first. Abit more different than what we are used to with Marvel. Falcon and Winter is more 'normal' marvel so it made sense to go with Wandavision, to me anyway.
  • It was fine.
    What I liked was seeing falcon's limitations. No offence to the character but I always thought he was a pound shop iron man and a strange choice for captain America. Yeah he is a good dude etc but he doesn't have the superhuman gifts I think are needed. Literally anyone could wear his wing suit. Bucky is the obvious choice imo. No idea who that gormless new cap is though.

Edit yes I know cap is a symbol etc etc. But what good is a symbol that is so fragile? It's not like he is a 100 year old cyborg super soldier or anything :)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Watched F&WS last night. Was fairly meh on it until the final scene, I didn’t really give a toss about Falcon at all, Winter Soldier was a bit more interesting of a character, but his storyline wasn’t hugely grabbing me either. Still, that final reveal made sure I’ll tune in next week.
  • Tbf they had no choice but to release wandavision first as FWS was meant to go after BlackWindow but the pandemic fucked the shooting schedule up of FWS
    PSN - minkymu
  • Thought the Falcon program was dull as hell apart from the action bits. The sort of bland, uninspired, back story building that plagued the Netflix marvel shows. It'll definitely pick up.
  • I just clicked that MCU nearly made Anchorman cannon.

60706848.jpg
    Edit:
    The Human Torch was played by Chris Evans, who also played Captian America, who passed the shield onto Falcon making him Captian America, who was later denied a bank loan.

Ron Burgundy was trying to warn us!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Solid enough start I thought. I actually thought they made the Falcon fight stuff far better than in the films. The close combat stuff with the wings was excellent. 

Happy to see where this goes.
  • So I seem to remember in one of the Avenger movies that there was a fuck ton of Falcon wingsuits. Falcor simply grabbed a suit and used it. But where did all the rest of the suits go?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!