Necromunda : Hired Gun
  • A propper 40k shooter at long last? Can't say I was enamored with Deathwing on PS4, but this looks like Doom 2016 with Titanfall mobility which is enough for me.
    However reviews are more positive for PC (though it definitely sounds like there are a lot of bugs) and people are a lot more negative about the console ports.
    Any console players taken the plunge with this?
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • It's by the same people as those who did Space Hulk: Deathwing, and before that E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. 

Console performance (on Xbox Series X at least) is abysmal according to a friend of mine who had it for review.

I had it for review on PC. It's bang average, not a patch on Doom 2016 or Titanfall. Just a middle of the road shooter with some admittedly nice Necromunda backdrops (that I think are, on the whole, a little bit too High 40K Gothic for 'munda) and a whole lotta jank. 

Review is here. My third 6/10 in a row. I am begging developers to make a good game and editors to assign me to it.

Also have some screenshots. 

E20FqD7XMAM50OE?format=jpg&name=large

E20FrKtWQAQvhbO?format=jpg&name=large

E20Fvb7WUAcc9Xn?format=jpg&name=large

E20FzQPXMAE8pKY?format=jpg&name=large

20210529225204_1.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    SkillUp liked it. Said it was ok if you didn't mind a bit of jank.
  • Just seen an acknowledgement on the dev's Twitter that they're working on console fixes. I'm tempted to pick it up if it's patched just because it's 40k and I don't mind a bit of jankiness or a retro shooter.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Excellent review as always Tempy.

I really like the look of this and it goes nicely with my fairly recent deep dive into the warhammer universe. However, it strikes me as a prime candidate for a future gamepass release which just possibly makes me resist buying it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Could somebody else other than Creative Assembly or Relic make a decent Warhammer game FFS?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Fatshark mate. Vermintide 2, and Darktide later this year.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The screen shots have made me tumescent.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Worth a yarr, tempy?
  • Given it's only a few gigs it is probably worth taking a look so you can laugh at the fact that when you call your dog to attack enemies for you it just teleports next to you, and drops to the floor.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I mean a teleporting attack dog is already pretty incredible isn't it? What more do you want it to do, fly?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    First the Macarena gun, now teleporting attack dogs. There's no pleasing our Tempy.
  • The lore of WARHAMMER 40,000 strictly states that a TELEPORTARIUM is NOT for CANIDS and that it would be TOO HORRIBLE for them.

I do like that to summon the dog you squeeze a little squeaky rat toy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Given it's only a few gigs it is probably worth taking a look so you can laugh at the fact that when you call your dog to attack enemies for you it just teleports next to you, and drops to the floor.

Sold

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!