regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Several of us on the old Twitter are getting into Beatstar on phone, a horrendously monetised yet addictive baby guitar hero alike with a great set of songs, from Clash Royale developer Space Ape.

This is a safe space to post your username and your favourite tracks so far.

Regmcfly here, and I have highly enjoyed Sugar We're Going Down Swinging.
  • I'm all over this. And my username is as expected, Wookienopants
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • MattyJ #1 is me! Only done a few tracks so far
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I keep meaning to go back to this, Hades has got me this weekend though. Gonna make time in the week.

(Btw Space Ape didn't develop Clash Royale, Supercell did)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I keep meaning to go back to this, Hades has got me this weekend though. Gonna make time in the week.

(Btw Space Ape didn't develop Clash Royale, Supercell did)

Derp
  • Arlovator is where you'll find me. I'm only playing this because of Reg.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'm as I am on here, and I will reach 5 stars on Sweet Home Alabama one day.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm Adrian#758 apparently.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I deleted it after a few goes as all the songs I had were crap.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played, but I’d rather pay for a traditionally structured game than this freemium model, which strangles progress and, as a result, prohibits play for more than two or three attempts at a time. Some of the track layouts are decent (particular mention goes to Sugar We’re Goin’ Down in that regard) but it’s a bit all over the shop; pick a genre box rather than a hard box, get a hard track anyway, pick a ‘rock’ box and get Cake By the Ocean. I suspect that I’ll enjoy this for a short while then, like every other game structured this way, grow weary of the timed unlocks and delete.
    This made me chuckle.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played, but I’d rather pay for a traditionally structured game than this freemium model, which strangles progress and, as a result, prohibits play for more than two or three attempts at a time. Some of the track layouts are decent (particular mention goes to Sugar We’re Goin’ Down in that regard) but it’s a bit all over the shop; pick a genre box rather than a hard box, get a hard track anyway, pick a ‘rock’ box and get Cake By the Ocean.

I suspect that I’ll enjoy this for a short while then, like every other game structured this way, grow weary of the timed unlocks and delete.

I also was thinking I'd like to just pay a fiver and job done. But obviously they're hoping for those people who will spend hundreds on the unlocks
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Still got thread's title tune in my head and that is in fact quite fine.
  • I’m Optimark P and my favourite track so far is The Touch by Stan Bush.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Olimite.

Got about 40 tracks (none bought with real cash). Lots of songs I have heard for the first time that I like.
  • Chemical Brothers' "Go" is the most fun "Hard" song yet, but ends with the fastest triplets I've seen yet. Managed 4 stars, still 10k off the 5. We go again, and again, and again.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played, but I’d rather pay for a traditionally structured game than this freemium model, which strangles progress and, as a result, prohibits play for more than two or three attempts at a time. Some of the track layouts are decent (particular mention goes to Sugar We’re Goin’ Down in that regard) but it’s a bit all over the shop; pick a genre box rather than a hard box, get a hard track anyway, pick a ‘rock’ box and get Cake By the Ocean. I suspect that I’ll enjoy this for a short while then, like every other game structured this way, grow weary of the timed unlocks and delete.

Agree with a lot of that, haven't minded most of the tracks that have come up though.  It's very slick.

Really wish we lived in the alternate universe where you could just buy a mobile game and be done with the nickel and diming, being all morish then not letting me play for 5 hours.  This must be what it feels like to have pick up artist have a crack at you.  Would love this game if it let you like access your music collection and make levels out of your songs.  Or even that old Ipod music quiz game (that was my favourite pre-smartphone bus stop timewaster back in the day).
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Aye, I remember Tap Tap Revenge on ios, it was a belter. Long before the days of IAPs.
  • i dunno if i've had this rant in here before but i think it's borderline criminal the way these games can charge again and again without any limit.
    i feel like there needs to be a law that at a certain point (let's say £50 per year to be generous to the companies) you've paid enough to get full unlimited access and they can't charge you any more.

I appreciate there might be a thorny issue around music rights for a game like this depending on how much content, but i mean more generally with regards to free-to-play games that actively lock you out of the game if you don't pay for more time and constantly seek you to pay extra for cosmetics etc

(also the free-to-play element isn't the only case this should apply cos it'e even worse IMO when full price games then use same tactics on top to get money)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Still got thread's title tune in my head and that is in fact quite fine.

I liked Limmy's website. That was one of the toys. I think he did it all himself.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Just downloaded, no idea what i am doing yet, Djornson
  • Folks on twitter should scroll the games account (@playbeatstar) for various links to free gems, cards, etc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    40 gems richer like that
  • How do I get decent/good songs?
    I only really have Jimmy eat world I like so far.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you go to the song list and click Boxes at the bottom it will show you which boxes contain which songs so you know which cards you need to pick to get the songs you like. You might not have unlocked it yet but there's also a Wishlist box that gives you a randomly selected song from a wishlist of songs you pick yourself.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 5 stars & gold medal on my first try of "hard" Run DMC - Tricky somebody stop me
  • Yeah game's well easy so far innit. Got a run on a song earlier and only dropped 30 P+ notes, full-combo'd the whole thing. Hope things get harder otherwise it's not going to hold attention for long. Would also like at least a 4th lane at some point, and modifiers (scroll speed / random). Doubt we'll get that tho.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The bemani critic has logged in. I haven't got 5 stars on anything yet.
  • 5 stars & gold medal on my first try of "hard" Run DMC - Tricky somebody stop me

Go away
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's the drummer in me, sorry. Once I lock into the groove it's only my own sloppiness that makes me lose a streak. Or my own drumming brain interpreting something differently.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here comes the drummer. The boy who ruined every regstock rock band session by being "good"
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!